Why would you want to go back to classic RE...

#11PatrickVReganPosted 6/19/2013 7:58:54 PM
Excuse my ignorance but what is SoD?
---
Playing: Hitman Absolution / Mass Effect 2
Trophy Progress: 94% / 35% - PSN ID: P-V-R-Omega
#12IlDankoPosted 6/19/2013 8:06:56 PM
^ State of Decay... It looks like a zombie version of GTA
---
If I was perfect then this would be easy, either road's plausible, on both i can drown...
PSN: Dan21993
#13NoHopeLegendPosted 6/20/2013 1:21:40 AM
No offense but if capcom goes back to the camera cut version of RE then I'm dropping the series. When i shoot i wanna know where my bullets go.
x__x
#14kronos96Posted 6/20/2013 6:52:00 AM
The problem with Capcom is that they don't know what to do anymore. The tried to copy COD and it wasn't all that great. Their stupidity has put RE on the brink of irrelevancy. If you want TPS action, there are many games out there that do it better, if you want zombie survival games, you got TLOU and state of decay now.

RE doesn't excel in anything in particular. They either go back to their roots or let the series become and even bigger joke.

I still think they have a chance. If they follow Revelations plus Tall oaks chapter design and add some outbreak ideas, they could create a good open world zombie game.

At some point people thought that Capcom and RE were going to take the zombie genre to the next level. They decided to become a bunch of copycats instead. I don't think they can afford another RE6 or 5 again.
#15SolidStryderPosted 6/20/2013 7:53:22 AM
ZeeDogge posted...
SolidStryder posted...
There was a thread a while back about RE7, I actually thought it would be pretty cool to have an open world situation featuring no-names trying to survive an outbreak in addition to a focused campaign starring series regulars. That might be a bit ambitious though, since I doubt Capcom will be spending another billion dollars on one game.

Undead Labs did it

Yea, I'd expect better quality graphically, and the setting to be a major outbreak. Like a Raccoon City or Tall Oaks, more of an urban setting than country side.
#16ZeeDogge(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2013 6:14:08 PM
kronos96 posted...
The problem with Capcom is that they don't know what to do anymore. The tried to copy COD and it wasn't all that great. Their stupidity has put RE on the brink of irrelevancy. If you want TPS action, there are many games out there that do it better, if you want zombie survival games, you got TLOU and state of decay now.

RE doesn't excel in anything in particular. They either go back to their roots or let the series become and even bigger joke.

I still think they have a chance. If they follow Revelations plus Tall oaks chapter design and add some outbreak ideas, they could create a good open world zombie game.

At some point people thought that Capcom and RE were going to take the zombie genre to the next level. They decided to become a bunch of copycats instead. I don't think they can afford another RE6 or 5 again.

Revelations IS irrelevant outside the internet
---
lol assault rifles are machine guns.... d'oh! :P btw so are submgs and anything that has automatic fire.
~squiggy9996999
#17IlDankoPosted 6/20/2013 7:04:55 PM(edited)
kronos96 posted...

They killed the series introducing the plaga... And uroboros... And c virus.. It would have been great if they just sticked to the progenitor, T, G and T-Veronica viruses.. Like they had planned in 4 beta and 5 beta..

Doing that they would be on the top of the genre right now
---
If I was perfect then this would be easy, either road's plausible, on both i can drown...
#18ZGMF_600_GuaizPosted 6/21/2013 7:57:46 AM
ZeeDogge posted...
kronos96 posted...

Revelations IS irrelevant outside the internet

I disagree. Capcom should ditch everything related to RE6 and stick with Revelations. In particular RE6 controls don't work with survival horror games: they take the thrill and scare factor away, turning the game into a generic action game, or more like dramatic action.

On the other hand I can't understand how can someone say that Revelations dodge mechanic is a mess when all you need to do is press forward when the enemy is about to attack you. RE6's rolls are ridiculous in comparison.
#19GoldsicklePosted 6/21/2013 10:03:19 AM(edited)
ZGMF_600_Guaiz posted...
In particular RE6 controls don't work with survival horror games

The 360 analog movement?
They worked well with Silent Hill, Fatal Frame and Haunting Ground.

The dodging and melees on command?
They worked well with the Resident Evil: Outbreak series and Silent Hill: Homecoming.

Counters, finishing move melee and stealth kills?
Doesn't detract from the experience in The Last Of Us or Siren: Blood Curse.

So.. come again?
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#20IlDankoPosted 6/21/2013 10:18:54 AM
Goldsickle posted...
ZGMF_600_Guaiz posted...
In particular RE6 controls don't work with survival horror games

The dodging and melees on command?
They worked well with the Resident Evil: Outbreak series and Silent Hill: Homecoming.

Counters, finishing move melee and stealth kills?
Doesn't detract from the experience in The Last Of Us or Siren: Blood Curse.

So.. come again?

Those doesn't work with horror games, specially when the melees are f******* karate and pro wrestling moves that can kill in one or few hits..

Now if they do it again like outbreak, where the melee is just a simple kick to push the enemies away (like Kevin's kick ) well then it would work...
---