Jsut got this game, had a few questions.

#1BuffyCanSlayitPosted 6/23/2013 11:05:52 AM
First off, Im enjoying it so far. It really seems liked they've they made improvements over 4 and 5. I started playing it offline with a pal, and I had a few questions regarding single player.

First of all:

All my questions regard to solo campaign play.

Are you no longer responsible for your partner? I may not have been close enough to Leon, But I noticed I didn't have the option of sharing items or ammo.

Unless they get damaged and knocked down, do they heal themselves? Pick up their own items?

When can use skill points? I'm assuming after a level, or there might be a merchant type person or something?

Oh yeah! Once I pick a character and start that campaign, can i not switch characters. For instance, I choose to use Helena cause I figured my buddy would rather use Leon. Now that hes not around, and im playing solo, Im still Helena. This isnt a real big deal, from now on I'll just use the character I really wanna use.

Does it really matter what order you plat the campaigns in? I've heard some people suggest you should start with Jake's, but I don't really know.

Thanks for any answers.
---
SF4AE: Dictator/ Zangief. Darkstalkers Resurrection: Felicia/ Demitri Also playing Silent Hill 3.
PSN: Joneal18
#2YermomHoudiniPosted 6/23/2013 11:11:59 AM
AI partner basically has infinite on everything. the only time you need to help them is during special segments or against enemies that can one hit kill.

you use skill points in the campaign menu, there's a skill setting page, that's where you can buy skills to equip in story mode.

you can choose characters when after you select a chapter. it's the 2nd option of the campaign menu right below continue.

the order is mostly about following the progression of the story.
---
Injustice 2 - MORE flooding Batman cast among playables
Toy Story 4 trailer, best movie 2015? youtu.be/PGuTN_ilmEk
#3ArchiantagonistPosted 6/23/2013 12:08:24 PM
YermomHoudini posted...
you can choose characters when after you select a chapter. it's the 2nd option of the campaign menu right below continue

Keep in mind though, that while they share campaign, they do not share ammo/weapons...
So if you took the Shotgun for Helena in Chapter 1, you most likely won't have it
when you'll switch for Leon in Chapter 2

As for the order - it doesn't matter, but Leon's has ridiculous amount of healing items
+ zombies on anything aside from No Hope are considered to be easier to deal with than J'avos...
---
--------------------x_0--------------------
#4good_tobiPosted 6/23/2013 5:50:33 PM
BuffyCanSlayit posted...

Does it really matter what order you plat the campaigns in? I've heard some people suggest you should start with Jake's, but I don't really know.

Nope..just save Ada's campaign for last
---
Don't need sharingan to see this.
#5GoldsicklePosted 6/23/2013 6:13:03 PM
In online co-op, you and your partner have your own item pickups.

However, if you're playing offline co-op (split screen), you have to share your items like in RE5.
---
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
#6IlDankoPosted 6/23/2013 6:48:55 PM
Goldsickle posted...

However, if you're playing offline co-op (split screen), you have to share your items like in RE5.

I hope they fix that in RE7 for PS4...

I first played RE5 with a cousin in his xbox360 and liked how the item pickups were separated... Then i bought the game for my PS3 and to my surprise i had to share my items and my money with my partner.. And it sucked that for the ps3 they cutted 25% of the image when playing splitscreen while on xbox they used the whole screen...
---
If I was perfect then this would be easy, either road's plausible, on both i can drown...
PSN: Dan21993
#7siberian142Posted 6/23/2013 10:12:30 PM(edited)
BuffyCanSlayit posted...

For story purposes, I'd say: Do Chris and Jake's campaign first, whichever order, then play Leon's and, finally, Ada's.

Do not read, TC. Why?: Capcom made it too obvious by shoving red Ada prominently in Leon's campaign and then introducing blue Ada. Chris then tells Leon that Ada is dead. Shortly after, red Ada shows up. Not too hard to put two and two together here. It raises some flags when Ada is wearing the same outfit the entire time yet you see her wearing an uncharacteristically blue outfit.

Chris' campaign focuses heavily on blue Ada, you only see red Ada once. It is the same with Jake's campaign, you only see red Ada once too, if I recall. They're the least likely to point out the fact that there's two Ada's. Both Jake and Chris's campaigns will support the assumption that Ada Wong has turned evil, too.
#8Keroro_2350Posted 6/24/2013 4:55:34 AM
siberian142 posted...
BuffyCanSlayit posted...

For story purposes, I'd say: Do Chris and Jake's campaign first, whichever order, then play Leon's and, finally, Ada's.

Do not read, TC. Why?: Capcom made it too obvious by shoving red Ada prominently in Leon's campaign and then introducing blue Ada. Chris then tells Leon that Ada is dead. Shortly after, red Ada shows up. Not too hard to put two and two together here. It raises some flags when Ada is wearing the same outfit the entire time yet you see her wearing an uncharacteristically blue outfit.

Chris' campaign focuses heavily on blue Ada, you only see red Ada once. It is the same with Jake's campaign, you only see red Ada once too, if I recall. They're the least likely to point out the fact that there's two Ada's. Both Jake and Chris's campaigns will support the assumption that Ada Wong has turned evil, too.

Lol,when I first played Leon chapter, I didn't knew Carla was Ada clone and I assume that Ada just had a different outfit because Leon and Helena changes their outfit when they reach China and I assume Ada change into the blue outfit.

When Chris said Ada Wong is dead, I was thinking that maybe she faked her death or Chris thought she was killed in an explosion or fell off from a building or something like that and then save Leon and Helena day in the chopper.
#9BuffyCanSlayit(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 5:47:30 AM
Keroro_2350 posted...
siberian142 posted...
BuffyCanSlayit posted...

Lol,when I first played Leon chapter, I didn't knew Carla was Ada clone and I assume that Ada just had a different outfit because Leon and Helena changes their outfit when they reach China and I assume Ada change into the blue outfit.

When Chris said Ada Wong is dead, I was thinking that maybe she faked her death or Chris thought she was killed in an explosion or fell off from a building or something like that and then save Leon and Helena day in the chopper.

Well, I might start Chris's then. Does anyone else agree with this post? I mean, I'm not that far in Leon's, I just got on the bus, and out of the city. So if it actually helps the story, I wouldn't mind. Chris is my favorite RE character anyway.
---
SF4AE: Dictator/ Zangief. Darkstalkers Resurrection: Felicia/ Demitri Also playing Silent Hill 3.
PSN: Joneal18
#10Keroro_2350Posted 6/24/2013 5:58:53 AM
BuffyCanSlayit posted...
Keroro_2350 posted...
siberian142 posted...
BuffyCanSlayit posted...

Well, I might start Chris's then. Does anyone else agree with this post? I mean, I'm not that far in Leon's, I just got on the bus, and out of the city. So if it actually helps the story, I wouldn't mind. Chris is my favorite RE character anyway.

In my opinion, it doesn't really matter if you play Leon,Chris or Jake campaign first,I started with Leon first then Chris and finally Jake but keep in mind that Ada campaign must be the last one to play because it contains many spoiler for the 3 campaign.