I've been thinking a lot about the RE franchise, and I have this nagging thought that I think RE should have been reboot-ed.
1) RE have strayed far away from it's intended genre. It's not about "survival horror" anymore, but it's about "survival action" now. Capcom just put to much in the RE franchise as the series progressed. Seriously, an aerial dog-fight for RE? What is that got to do with "survival horror"? Nothing, that's why this franchise is not about "survival horror" anymore, it's about "survival action". Which brings back to my previous opinion, RE have strayed far away from it's intended genre.
2) Our main protagonist is getting old (Chris, and many others) by the time Capcom make some sort of RE7 or RE8, they will be around 45 or 50. They're just too old and need to retire. It's not fun to play any "survival" game, be it "action" or "horror" using a 50 year old geezer right? Not that I'm against any elderly and senior people, but their age are not fit anymore for any "survival" situation.
3) It's not "the epic battle between our heroes against Umbrella Corp. anymore". There is no more "SAGA" in the franchise.
After the death of Umbrella Corp., the series just fighting against enemies that just perished in just one episode.
Example: [SPOILER ALERT]..... Los Illuminados perished in RE4, Neo-Umbrella perished in RE6, there is no continuity of Tricell Corp. after RE5, Albert Wesker is dead in RE5, and so on. Every enemy's just MIA (Missing in Action) or KIA (Killed in Action).
4) No more epic battle means = there's no arch-enemy left to fight. Thus, the only choice Capcom have to make is just creating new enemies. The bad news is, they KIA or MIAed their new enemies, so there won't be any epic battle between our heroes against some sort of arch-nemesis and creating a saga.
5) My fifth opinion, and I know I'm gonna get bashed for this, I think in RE7, Capcom should just create a "happy ending" for all our main protagonist. Let Chris/ Jill/ Claire/ Leon/ Sherry/ Ada/ and all the BSAA find their "happy endings" in the RE7 game. Capcom should have just ended this game anyway to make room for a REBOOT.
Because I think the franchise should have met it's end because of my opinion in no. 1,2,3, and 4, and consider a REBOOT.
There's nothing left to fight, there is no more saga, there is no more arch-nemesis, there is no more "survival horror" in this game, and so on.
Well, that's just IMO :-)
Feel free to share your thought, but no trolling please :-)
Today I saw a Slave more powerful than the Emperor of Rome
I don't care what "direction" the series decides to go.
As long as the gameplay is balanced and the controls are functional.
None of that "clunky controls for the sake of tension" BS.
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
The whole series shouldn't be rebooted... Only from 4 onward, each game replaced by their beta version... And well erase RE6 plot completely and change it for something less ridiculous... I mean wesker's son no one knew about suddenly appears and already becomes the savior of humanity?? If there's a chance to undo that, i would gladly take it..
If I was perfect then this would be easy, either road's plausible, on both i can drown...
Only from 4 onward, each game replaced by their beta version
Umm, I don't quite understand, could you enlighten me please? Thanks :-)
I mean wesker's son no one knew about suddenly appears and already becomes the savior of humanity?? If there's a chance to undo that, i would gladly take it..
Totally agree :-)
Today I saw a Slave more powerful than the Emperor of Rome
No reboot, but redo RE5 and on.
Yes reboot because re has went downhill from 3 onwards (code v maybe) the change to 3rd person shooter from survival horror destroyed this series 4 was the start of the downfall it needs to go back to fixed camera but maybe keep the new controls
I have a medium sized fire axe buried in the small of my back, that sort of thing really puts a crimp in your day-Kryten
4 was the start of the downfall it needs to go back to fixed camera but maybe keep the new controls
They are the same controls. Unless you mean RE6's controls?
Tell ya what. Whatever team you come up with is my Marvel team.
DmC is actually a good game. Not great, but good.
I believe the smart thing to do is if Capcom has a "clear" vision of what they need to do with the brand then they need to make it more like Revelations since no matter how bad the sales were on REV HD, that game has WAY more positive feedback than RE6 has ever obtained.
Reality tells me RE7 will probably get an even more "gritty, dark" direction since that's where a lot of their mainstream series are headed these days in terms of tone.
The smart thing to do would be to release RE7 with a more Revelations orientated route and jack the tension and horror up to high hell (the timeline is should end eventually in one big game instead of constantly dragging it out. I love the old timeline but things are going to get stale if they keep using the same people over and over again so I don't care.) then REmake Resident Evil 2 (as the fans have asked for forever), then I wouldn't mind if they decide to reboot the series or bring back old favorites we haven't seen in forever. (Because honestly I rather them push forward instead of being in prequel hell like the MGS series is all because MGS4 was supposed to wrap everything up. I hate the prequel trend. Move on already with a new cast after REmake2.).
"I'm the man you love to hate and I'm sure as hell not phased by you fakes."
Im going to straight to your second complaint which is about age. The last of us is a survival horror/action game and the main character joel is in his late 40s and he was still bad *** and the game was incredible.
as long as the characters arent pushing 60 they are fine.
This is war, Survival is your responsibility.
Only if Chris is openly gay.
A 40 year old man still hiding in the closet is just pathetic.
Add user to Ignore List after reporting