Should the RE franchise be Reboot-ed?

#21telkomsel(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 2:52:39 AM
sevil_yelims posted...
'The Last of Us' has really raised the bar where RE6 failed this generation.

Totally agree with this. It's such a shame.
---
Today I saw a Slave more powerful than the Emperor of Rome
The Gladiator
#22telkomsel(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 2:58:14 AM
CTU_007 posted...
Only if Chris is openly gay.

A 40 year old man still hiding in the closet is just pathetic.

Aww come on, Chris Redfield is supposed to be this "A Real American Hero", with all of his principles and heroic code his view has to offer to save the world and stuff.

And note the word "Hero". Chris is better off as a "Hero" rather than a "Queen", SERIOUSLY.
---
The Gladiator
#23telkomsel(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 3:04:19 AM
ReceiverxWisdom posted...
I believe the smart thing to do is if Capcom has a "clear" vision of what they need to do with the brand then they need to make it more like Revelations since no matter how bad the sales were on REV HD, that game has WAY more positive feedback than RE6 has ever obtained.

Reality tells me RE7 will probably get an even more "gritty, dark" direction since that's where a lot of their mainstream series are headed these days in terms of tone.

The smart thing to do would be to release RE7 with a more Revelations orientated route and jack the tension and horror up to high hell (the timeline is should end eventually in one big game instead of constantly dragging it out. I love the old timeline but things are going to get stale if they keep using the same people over and over again so I don't care.) then REmake Resident Evil 2 (as the fans have asked for forever), then I wouldn't mind if they decide to reboot the series or bring back old favorites we haven't seen in forever. (Because honestly I rather them push forward instead of being in prequel hell like the MGS series is all because MGS4 was supposed to wrap everything up. I hate the prequel trend. Move on already with a new cast after REmake2.).

Agree, in other words, go back to it's intended genre as a survival horror with all the creepy, darky, gritty ambience.
---
The Gladiator
#24telkomsel(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 3:07:40 AM
v0yag3r posted...
Make RE7 really dark, but have amazing resolutions for all of the current protagonists. Have Jill/Chris & Leon/Ada get married, then send them off on happy endings. This leaves perfect opportunities for new protagonists while aforementioned couples' future progeny mature and star in the series somewhere down the road.

Yes, we agree to make our old protagonist a happy ending, so it can make room for either a reboot, or in your idea, a new protagonist.
---
The Gladiator
#25karyotypePosted 6/28/2013 11:11:00 AM
rebooted? no
#26rubyeyedlobaPosted 6/28/2013 2:53:58 PM
telkomsel posted...
CTU_007 posted...

Aww come on, Chris Redfield is supposed to be this "A Real American Hero", with all of his principles and heroic code his view has to offer to save the world and stuff.

And note the word "Hero". Chris is better off as a "Hero" rather than a "Queen", SERIOUSLY.

I don't believe at all that Chris is gay. There are no hints of this whatsoever, except for the people who ship him with a man. Chris is a straight man who is devoted to his work and has his thing with Jill and all that.

However, if he was gay, he'd still be a hero. What, you think he wouldn't be awesome if he was gay?

And what's wrong with being a queen? Chris could be gay and he'd still beat the crap out of anyone because he's awesome and his sexual orientation has nothing to do with that. The definition of 'hero' is someone who saves the freaking day, not someone who is straight.

SERIOUSLY.
#27embrandedonePosted 6/28/2013 3:21:51 PM
rubyeyedloba posted...
telkomsel posted...
CTU_007 posted...

I don't believe at all that Chris is gay. There are no hints of this whatsoever, except for the people who ship him with a man. Chris is a straight man who is devoted to his work and has his thing with Jill and all that.

However, if he was gay, he'd still be a hero. What, you think he wouldn't be awesome if he was gay?

And what's wrong with being a queen? Chris could be gay and he'd still beat the crap out of anyone because he's awesome and his sexual orientation has nothing to do with that. The definition of 'hero' is someone who saves the freaking day, not someone who is straight.

SERIOUSLY.

Chris is not gay, he's merely been infected with the Ryo Hazuki virus strain. It makes you irresistible to the opposite gender but turns you completely clueless to their advances, even when they ACTUALLY hump your leg.
---
"Xbox One - The Ultimate Anti-Consumer Machine"
#28telkomsel(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 4:09:18 PM
rubyeyedloba posted...

SERIOUSLY.

Well for one thing, most of the time, a personality of a "Hero" is quite different from a personality of a "Queen".

It's 2 different things, so it can be compared. Which is why I think Chris is better off to have the personality of a "Hero" rather a personality of a "Queen".

So, it's not about sexual reference, but it's about the personality.
---
The Gladiator
#29CTU_007Posted 6/28/2013 4:25:09 PM
You do know not all gays are "queens" right?
#30rubyeyedlobaPosted 6/28/2013 5:03:40 PM
telkomsel posted...
rubyeyedloba posted...

SERIOUSLY.

Well for one thing, most of the time, a personality of a "Hero" is quite different from a personality of a "Queen".

It's 2 different things, so it can be compared. Which is why I think Chris is better off to have the personality of a "Hero" rather a personality of a "Queen".

So, it's not about sexual reference, but it's about the personality.

Whoa, the stereotype is strong in this one.

A hero is a person who saves the day. Period. It's someone who does something heroic.
A hero can be an old lady who got to your burning house just in time to call the firemen.

Chris' personality is that of a man who has seen some serious troubling things and is now devoted to his work and to his goals. He wants to end bioterrorism altogether and has given up the chance of a normal life for that.

If he were gay, his personality would not change.

So yeah, actually it is about sexual preference given that his personality would not change at all. My best friend is gay and he likes everything that 'straight boys' do. He's still a boy, the only difference is that he likes boys too.

You're being pretty offensive and extremely ignorant by using 'queen' to describe a gay men. You think all gay men are the same?

I stand by my point. Chris being gay is a thing that happened in the fandom, not in canon. However, if he was gay, his PERSONALITY would not change only his sexual preference. He'd still be awesome and masculine and all that.

The notion that a gay men can only like pink or girly stuff or talk in a very feminine voice is a media/society crafted one and it's ridiculous.

This actually made me so upset. Are we seriously still living in a world that believes being gay changes EVERYTHING about a person, including their personality?

That's just sad and, once again, ignorant.