Ada and leon secret relationship? Spoilers

#41longstorm555Posted 6/28/2013 1:19:44 PM
BLA BLA LA ARCHIVES

hmmm...and the RE6 FILES which are CANON and written by people from CAPCOM flat out states that THERE'S NO LOVE BETWEEN THEM and that ADA only USES LEON so she can benefit from his good will.

the thing about chris and jill is that bthey don't NEED the horrible cat and mouse thing. their relationship is for grown ups. they'd die for each other, they love each other, it's there from the beginning, since the small hints in RE1, the book that came with a edition from the original RE, all the other canon novelizations of the games. they respect each other and when chris was in the dark, jill threw herself out of a window to save him. ada has never sacrificed herself or even attempted to for leon. she saves him because she's not a villain. she saves him because she owns him. and then she uses him like a doll and refuses to tell him the truth about anything.

how many times do i need to say this?

sex is not the same thing as love. just because ada and leon MIGHT HAVE had sex (ada's line in damnation implies theu didn't get to finish their night, which leads me to believe they probably went to dinner and she left him cold and alone) doesn't mean they're in love. they flirt with each other, doesn't mean it's love.

see, it's why i say the ada/leon thing is for high schoolers or people with the mentality of a 15 year old boy (including girls).
#42rubyeyedlobaPosted 6/28/2013 1:29:10 PM
You people are insane.

I will forever defend Chris/Jill, but this is a level of crazy I thought I wouldn't find in the boards. They're video game characters, people. They don't come alive once we turn off the game, meaning, they are what we make of them.

I'm keeping myself from this mess but: The Archives is heavily criticized for its grammatical errors due to the english translation and one of the complaints was the description of Leon and Ada's relationship. In some, it says Ada is in love, in others it says she is thankful.

Besides, the Archives list Rebecca Chambers as dead, which is a mistake.

So if you're going to put evidence on the table, you have got to make sure it's not one that kills characters that are alive and that have horrible translations errors because it just breaks the point you are trying to make.

And again, the RE6 relationship chart has Leon and Ada as 'fateful bond/doomed love'. Its not a happy thing. It's not 'love' love. It means they care for each other but can never be together. It's a doomed thing that they didn't even get to start.

In the end it's a matter of opinions and having a mind of your own. Jun Takeuchi said Chris and Jill love each other while Konayashi claims they're partners and there is no love in RE apart from Claire/Steve (in other words, not even Leon and Ada are a romantic thing in Kobayashi's point of view).
#43SSJ_JinPosted 6/28/2013 1:38:34 PM
longstorm555 posted...
BLA BLA LA ARCHIVES

Can't accept the truth, can you?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#44longstorm555Posted 6/28/2013 2:06:08 PM
SSJ_Jin posted...
longstorm555 posted...
BLA BLA LA ARCHIVES

Can't accept the truth, can you?

i will make Ruby's words, mine:

''The Archives is heavily criticized for its grammatical errors due to the english translation and one of the complaints was the description of Leon and Ada's relationship. In some, it says Ada is in love, in others it says she is thankful.

Besides, the Archives list Rebecca Chambers as dead, which is a mistake.

So if you're going to put evidence on the table, you have got to make sure it's not one that kills characters that are alive and that have horrible translations errors because it just breaks the point you are trying to make.

And again, the RE6 relationship chart has Leon and Ada as 'fateful bond/doomed love'. Its not a happy thing. It's not 'love' love. It means they care for each other but can never be together. It's a doomed thing that they didn't even get to start.''
#45IlDankoPosted 6/28/2013 3:11:33 PM
SSJ_Jin posted...
LOL...one day you will learn.

..... Ouch
---
If I was perfect then this would be easy, either road's plausible, on both i can drown...
PSN: Dan21993
#46siberian142Posted 6/28/2013 4:28:36 PM
longstorm555 posted...
ada has never sacrificed herself or even attempted to for leon.

...What?

In Resident Evil 2, Ada confronted the tyrant and got mortally injured in order to save Leon. She nearly sacrificed her mission and her life in order to keep Leon safe. In fact, she does this a lot, she puts herself into compromising situations for Leon and then pays the price (getting beaten up by the tyrant, nearly getting her head sliced off when she protected him from Mendez, taking on Saddler so Leon and Ashley could escape, battling Simmons directly so Leon and Helena could climb up the rope). She does not see Leon as simply a tool because he would not be worth shielding if it put Ada into a life threatening situation. Her death would not worth preserving the life of a tool.

I agree that they're complicated and probably not the best for each other, but to say there's no love between them is wrong. Ada, at least, feels some love towards him. Her last words before 'dying'? "I'm just a woman who fell in love with you. Nothing more".
#47jpv2000Posted 6/28/2013 4:36:08 PM
I don't give a crap what any site says.

In my own head canon it will forever be Chris <3 Jill and Leon <3 Ada 4 ever.

I would have preferred Leon <3 Claire, but Leon did not feel the same. :-(
---
More and more, I find myself wondering if it's all worth fighting for...for a future without fear...yeah, it's worth it. (Chris Redfield)
#48IlDankoPosted 6/28/2013 4:40:27 PM
jpv2000 posted...

Neither did Claire
---
If I was perfect then this would be easy, either road's plausible, on both i can drown...
#49rubyeyedlobaPosted 6/28/2013 5:32:00 PM
IlDanko posted...
jpv2000 posted...

Neither did Claire

That's debatable (which, given some responses here, I'm fairly afraid to do so, but...)

Code Verona was to star Leon, instead of Steve. Leon would then confess his love for Claire and die.
RE4 Leon was to be infected and killed by Claire, who then would call her brother and they'd finish infected Leon once and for all. That would also be the end of the franchise.

Then, Degeneration ahd some flirty moments with these two.

Notice how they hold each other's hand and don't let go until the secretary comes into picture. This happens when they meet each other for the first time in the film. The scene where Claire goes to protect Ranni and Leon flips out then throws his gun at her. He goes to her rescue and they stand there looking at each other until someone calls their attention. The end of the film when they're flat out flirting and it's the first time we see Leon smile.

If we go by what RE6 plot gives us, we can assume Leon and Claire became some sort of parents to little Sherry. They were her guardians until the end. If they like each other or not we don't know but it is odd that every time they're together in something, they're painted as a 'family'. First in RE2, then Degeneration with the little girl, then RE6's files.

Darkside Chronicles also had flirty moments. Claire didn't trust Ada at all and got annoyed at Leon whenever he wanted to trust her. She goes to say 'You just want to impress her. Hmpf. Men.' And Leon throws his arms in the air and says, 'Women.'

There's the blooper in Degeneration which pokes fun at this pairing. Claire gets irate when she finds out about Leon and Angela and she slaps him in the face. Of course, it's a blooper and not serious, but the fact that it's there shows that Capcom knows about the Claire/Leon fanbase and gave them a little something.

This franchise has three major pairings:

Chris/Jill, Leon/Ada and Leon/Claire. Back when RE2 came out, everyone wanted Leon and Claire to be together. Code Veronica came out and I remember how every gaming magazine talked trash about Steve but praised the mention of Leon, showing that they have kept in touch.

For you guys to see how big Claire/Leon is, even the author of the non-canon books, S.D.Perry, writes Leon and Claire as being in love.

Like I said, it isn't canon but it's a product liscensed by Capcom. It's written by someone who has played the games and is now writing what she got of it. And she's got a legion of fans.

I think it is possible for a person to love two people at the same time. I think, as Leon and Ada are a doomed love, maybe he could find happiness with Claire. Let's face, Leon and Ada can be very much in love, but they will never be happy.

Anyway point is: Leon and Claire is a real thing that Capcom knows about and likes to tease the fans of this pairing.
#50IlDankoPosted 6/28/2013 6:46:38 PM
That code veronica and RE4 beta thing is just a what if.. it doesn't really count since it never happened... The Recaps in the chronicles games are considered non canon, and even if they were i don't see the flirting anywhere... I can't talk of degeneration since i literally fell asleep watching it and i think i didn't even got to leon and Claire's meeting... and i will not attempt to try seeing it very soon xD

And about the Sherry thing, just Claire acted as a parent, Leon not knowing Simmons until the events of RE6 proves he didn't saw her (maybe didn't even talked to her) until her release, that was in 2009.. So that means like 11 years out of contact.. That really doesn't seems like a parent to me
---