Who is your LEAST favorite character from THIS game?

#31FearOfTheLightPosted 6/28/2013 12:02:38 PM
MrSiter1 posted...
IlDanko posted...
^ Because she looks hideous, her personality is unlikeable and her body is made 98% of pure hate

Like I said before, appearance shouldn't even be a reason to hate someone. Yeah, she looks like a man to some people (no idea how), but that's not her fault.
And yeah, her dragging Leon all the way to the cathedral was pretty irritating, but tbh Leon probably wouldn't have believed her if she didn't show Simmons' lab. And what about her personality was unlikeable? She was filled with hate, I agree, but she was pretty similar to Chris in the game, and Chris doesn't get much hate.

At the least, there seems to be a definite character progression ark with Chris. He wasn't depressed, moody and revenge driven for 100% of the Bioterrorism events. As proven throughChapter 2 and the End of Chapter 3 onwards, Chris is brought back from the brink of destruction and vengefulness in mind through Piers and this realization also shows with his last conversation with Carla.

Helena however shows no sympathy towards others and draws Leon through the leash for a good amount if time until it's to late to save someone she cared for....if she had taken a chance at least halfway through the cathedral (underground lab area) and revealed everything she knew....it would give most people something to consider with her character.

For about the entire Campaign, she doesn't crack even one joke, not comments on anything going on interestingly....additionally, she also appears cold towards Leon for a good half of the first chapter.....not sure what about.
---
---
"When I'm walking a dark road, I am a man who walks alone" - Iron Maiden
#32MrSiter1Posted 6/28/2013 12:50:02 PM
FearOfTheLight posted...
MrSiter1 posted...
IlDanko posted...
^ Because she looks hideous, her personality is unlikeable and her body is made 98% of pure hate

Like I said before, appearance shouldn't even be a reason to hate someone. Yeah, she looks like a man to some people (no idea how), but that's not her fault.
And yeah, her dragging Leon all the way to the cathedral was pretty irritating, but tbh Leon probably wouldn't have believed her if she didn't show Simmons' lab. And what about her personality was unlikeable? She was filled with hate, I agree, but she was pretty similar to Chris in the game, and Chris doesn't get much hate.

At the least, there seems to be a definite character progression ark with Chris. He wasn't depressed, moody and revenge driven for 100% of the Bioterrorism events. As proven throughChapter 2 and the End of Chapter 3 onwards, Chris is brought back from the brink of destruction and vengefulness in mind through Piers and this realization also shows with his last conversation with Carla.

Helena however shows no sympathy towards others and draws Leon through the leash for a good amount if time until it's to late to save someone she cared for....if she had taken a chance at least halfway through the cathedral (underground lab area) and revealed everything she knew....it would give most people something to consider with her character.

For about the entire Campaign, she doesn't crack even one joke, not comments on anything going on interestingly....additionally, she also appears cold towards Leon for a good half of the first chapter.....not sure what about.
---

Tbh I don't think Helena is really merciless towards other people, it's just that she wanted to rush to the cathedral because of her sister.

Also, it wouldn't have mattered when Helena chose to tell Leon the truth, Leon wouldn't have believed her. Adam and Simmons had been friends for three whole decades. Who WOULD he have believed: Simmons, the guy who the President trusts and been friends with for 30 years, or Helena, the girl who was known for being "crazy" in the CIA? If Helena decided to reveal everything she knew halfway through the cathedral, Leon wouldn't have been convinced that the lab was Simmons'. It would've been useless.

And about Helena not making a single joke, I believe she made a joke about Jake when they were fighting Ustanak. Something about him not being sane. Not that it matters, but still... :P
#33FearOfTheLightPosted 6/28/2013 3:06:27 PM
^ Oh please! Do you really think that after viewing Ada's 'Birthday tape' both of them wouldn't have suspected Simmons in playing a part of this mess?

Helena's abduction and confrontation with Simmons alone would've assured her of his disastrous motives thereby giving her a good amount of proof of his involvement.

As for Leon, I can't say that he's ever seen Simmons face-to-face and I'm actually inclined to believe they haven't from the subsequent Cell-appearance....however remember that Hunnigan did mention Simmons in particular taking an interest in their mission, at which point raises a red-flag about him. In any case Leon wouldn't be ignorant to throw caution out the window.

This is of course assuming that he actually is well informed of 'The Family' and their connections to organizations in the United States.
---
---
"When I'm walking a dark road, I am a man who walks alone" - Iron Maiden
#34MrSiter1Posted 6/28/2013 4:04:10 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#35MrSiter1Posted 6/28/2013 4:17:25 PM
FearOfTheLight posted...
^ Oh please! Do you really think that after viewing Ada's 'Birthday tape' both of them wouldn't have suspected Simmons in playing a part of this mess?

Helena's abduction and confrontation with Simmons alone would've assured her of his disastrous motives thereby giving her a good amount of proof of his involvement.

As for Leon, I can't say that he's ever seen Simmons face-to-face and I'm actually inclined to believe they haven't from the subsequent Cell-appearance....however remember that Hunnigan did mention Simmons in particular taking an interest in their mission, at which point raises a red-flag about him. In any case Leon wouldn't be ignorant to throw caution out the window.

This is of course assuming that he actually is well informed of 'The Family' and their connections to organizations in the United States.
---

What proof did she have? She didn't have anything to prove Simmons guilty. If she did, wouldn't you think she would've shown Leon already before dragging him to the cathedral, then after that, going all the way across the globe to China? Even when they went to China and finally killed Simmons they didn't have proof that it was all his fault. It wasn't until the end of the game that Ada gave them the proof they needed.

Also I'm pretty sure Simmons never even appeared on the tape, his finger made an appearance, but they never knew of his ring until Ada gave it to them.

And you're right, Leon has never met Simmons until the phone call. But the president told Leon about their 30 year friendship. Leon says this when he was talking to Simmons through his cube. And I doubt he even knows about The Family. When Ada mentions about "the people who really runs this country," he had no idea what she was talking about.

There's just no way Leon would've believed Helena earlier in the game. It has nothing to do with Leon being ignorant, it's just that Helena didn't have enough proof.