Helena Harper and her boss

#41so_realPosted 7/11/2013 11:26:29 PM
I don't understand all the hate she receives. She was the only relatable character in that whole game. Not that I can relate to being in the secret service or saving the world, but what she did to save her sister and her drive to avenge her, as well as when you first find Deb. Those were probably the most relatable moments an RE game has had in a long while.
#42sbn4Posted 7/11/2013 11:32:17 PM
^ Agreed. I actually feel both Chris and Helena were the most relatable and human. The others were action clichés IMO.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#43Dark__ThronePosted 7/12/2013 2:05:07 AM
Helena was quite a good character. It was Jake who is by far the worst RE character to date. He acts like a self entitled twit.
#44FearOfTheLightPosted 7/12/2013 6:51:17 AM
^ Spoken exactly as someone who'se shallow enough to ignore other 'factors' to Jake's character.

By no means is he a great character, I wholeheartedly agree.....but to those who can't see past his cliche exterior, let me ask you this:

1. Do you even know why he acts like a twit? Maybe it has something to do with 'trust' issues.

2. Being betrayed by the only person you look up to and taking it in stride, expecting sunshine and rainbows concerning trusting others seems downright absurd, idiotic and ridiculous.

3. Had Jake been an exact copy of his father, it STILL wouldn't please the fans and the s#/!storm would rage on.

4. Nobody's perfect. The fact that Jake keeps getting caught throughout the campaign is enough to let you know that he isn't 'Ada' (who actually never overcomes adversity throughout her RE6 campaign except for maybe the end....with Leon at that.

Face it, Jake Muller isn't a damn indestructible Superhero, and wanting him to be one otherwise only serves to deviate from what he was intended to be: someone with partly-superhuman strength who discovers who he is and where he stands, through the course of RE6.
---
---
"When I'm walking a dark road, I am a man who walks alone" - Iron Maiden
#45Dark__ThronePosted 7/12/2013 7:31:45 AM
I hate Jake because he completely feels forced into the plot. It's never mentioned how he was a cure for the C-Virus other than, "but he's Wesker's son....."

Plus his one liners are freaking terrible. It doesn't come off as cool or badass. He comes off as obnoxious and like a total moron.

Not to mention how they try to create drama between Chris and Jake throughout the game. Especially how he threatens to shoot Chris even after knowing Wesker tried to destroy the world and Chris was the one that stopped him and saved the entire world.

I think every one have preferred Jake if he didn't try too hard to be "badass", "cool", "cocky" and he didn't have lame ass one liners.
#46Turo602Posted 7/12/2013 7:54:42 AM
FearOfTheLight posted...
^ Spoken exactly as someone who'se shallow enough to ignore other 'factors' to Jake's character.

By no means is he a great character, I wholeheartedly agree.....but to those who can't see past his cliche exterior, let me ask you this:

1. Do you even know why he acts like a twit? Maybe it has something to do with 'trust' issues.

2. Being betrayed by the only person you look up to and taking it in stride, expecting sunshine and rainbows concerning trusting others seems downright absurd, idiotic and ridiculous.

3. Had Jake been an exact copy of his father, it STILL wouldn't please the fans and the s#/!storm would rage on.

4. Nobody's perfect. The fact that Jake keeps getting caught throughout the campaign is enough to let you know that he isn't 'Ada' (who actually never overcomes adversity throughout her RE6 campaign except for maybe the end....with Leon at that.

Face it, Jake Muller isn't a damn indestructible Superhero, and wanting him to be one otherwise only serves to deviate from what he was intended to be: someone with partly-superhuman strength who discovers who he is and where he stands, through the course of RE6.
---

Chris was horrifically betrayed by his Captain. Before that, he was kicked out of the air force. If anyone should have trust issues, it's Chris, but he doesn't. Jake is just a little whiny b*tch who has no damn gratitude. Nobody wants an exact copy of Jake's father, they want Wesker, not some cheaply written in child who just insults everything his father was. No matter how hard Capcom tries, Jake will never fill in the void of Albert Wesker. We liked Wesker because he was a badass villian, black clothes, sunglasses, and Matrix moves aren't enough. Jake was Capcom trying to appeal to all the newbs who thought Wesker was cool because of RE5. A superpowered good guy who Capcom forced us to believe was badass through some lame mercenary backstory has no place in Resident Evil. Leon and Chris are way above that punk's level.
#47DarkD3stinyPosted 7/13/2013 5:22:32 AM
Glad you enjoyed it.
---
(Q) Whats the difference between a hacker and a booster? (A) They both use different unlegit methods to achieve the same goal.