Co-op Why it shouldn't be in the next game

#21PyroSparkPosted 7/13/2013 4:14:29 PM
Crimson_Rex posted...
Goldsickle posted...
I remember my pal who keep telling me "multiplayer makes a game more fun".

I didn't get it, since I have been spending a lot of the 5th and 6th generations in single player.

Until I played RE5 with co-op.
I then agreed with my friend completely.

"Horror" is subjective, so there's a chance that even if they remove co-op, it doesn't scare people like it's supposed to and there might be people who still find the game scary even with co-op.

It's not wise to remove such a big feature like co-op for the sake of improving upon novelty & "scare factor" which may or may not work.

Keep it.

This, the people who want it gone are those in the minorty.

Agreed. We just need capcom to step it up.

Or a different company to work on it, preferably.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#22GoldsicklePosted 7/21/2013 6:37:28 AM
Co-op has been pretty much standard back in the good old days of Contra, Final Fight and Double Dragon.

It's just that the 5th and 6th generations focused a lot on single player that we forgot how fun it is to have a partner alongside.
---
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
#23edward18Posted 7/21/2013 6:46:59 AM
Outbreak did Co-op just fine.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#24mr369248Posted 7/21/2013 9:34:32 AM
I'm fine with multiplayer(if done right), but I don't want co-op forced into a single player campaign.
#25jjp7123Posted 7/21/2013 6:40:13 PM
I don't want Co-op, because having a co-op partner melts away the tension/horror in a game. It works for RE5 and 6 because they aren't survival horror games, but for actual survival horror games like RE: Revelations, it just wouldn't work.
---
Take the Red Pill! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySMVtRmQl1Y
MGTOW Forever!
#26Rapham0nPosted 7/21/2013 8:52:29 PM
@TC:
Obscure worked just fine with co-op AND it was a horror game.

Anyway, many game developers have moved away from the Survival Horror genre because unfortunately it just doesn't make as much money as action games do.

Another major problem for horror games is replay value. The horror aspect only lasts the first time you play through the game. Once you know what happens in the game every step of the way it looses all of that horror appeal.

There is a solution to this though. Just like in RPG's the way that enemies and item drops are random what game developers should do when making a horror game is they should make each monster encounter random. That way you never know if Monster A, B, C or D is going to jump around the next corner. That would at least keep some of the horror feel for when you are replaying the game.
---
Thus did man become the architect of his own demise.
#27edward18Posted 7/22/2013 6:52:04 AM
Going through it once does not mean you won't be scared the next time.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#28YermomHoudiniPosted 7/22/2013 6:59:10 AM
can we just have agent on our side? as long as he doesn't appear in any of my story segments and just back me up during gameplay, I sure love having an invincible ally with infinite ammo.
---
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Master Ninja - Level 1 Dragon Sword run, no UT/ninpo/item, open chest
http://goo.gl/OENWJ
#29Crimson_RexPosted 7/22/2013 8:16:58 AM
Horror in RE? What horror exactly? Those shocking "BOO!" scare moments? Lawl.
---
"I hate you. I'LL KILL YOU!" - Carla Radames
The Freelancer: I worship Frank West
#30edward18Posted 7/22/2013 9:34:06 AM
Horror is subjective, but along with those moments there were the notes detailing the degrading situations that occurred prior to the game taking place.
---