Remember when RE: Revelations was going to outsell RE6 and "rectify the series"?

#1ZeeDoggePosted 7/13/2013 5:34:22 PM
TEEHEE, it's been a while, and no.
---
lol assault rifles are machine guns.... d'oh! :P btw so are submgs and anything that has automatic fire.
~squiggy9996999
#2notrandomPosted 7/13/2013 5:46:17 PM
That's because it is a rehash of a 3DS game with VERY little added extras at a mark up price.
---
Say no to EA and Ubisoft's online passes. Say no to Capcom and Activision's scummy DLC ways. Say no to NISA's terrible and unfaithful localizations.
#3ZeeDogge(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2013 5:56:35 PM
notrandom posted...
That's because it is a rehash of a 3DS game with VERY little added extras at a mark up price.

And since RE:R HD sales were supposed to "determine the direction of the series", we'll never see a game like it again ^-^
---
lol assault rifles are machine guns.... d'oh! :P btw so are submgs and anything that has automatic fire.
~squiggy9996999
#4riddlebox89Posted 7/13/2013 6:11:10 PM
ZeeDogge posted...
notrandom posted...

And since RE:R HD sales were supposed to "determine the direction of the series", we'll never see a game like it again ^-^

Yeah, thank f***ing god! I'd rather have RE7 be another RE6 with some minor new additions to the gameplay than have it be RER with that "OK We know you see that box of ammo on the counter, we know you know it's there but we're going to make you scan the counter first before we let you pick it up." garbage.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#5MrSiter1Posted 7/13/2013 6:39:14 PM
ZeeDogge posted...
notrandom posted...

RE6 didn't exactly go the way they wanted either. It didn't sell as well as they expected and it received mixed reviews. Nobody really knows whether the series will keep going action or go back to survival horror. Both RE6 and RE:R underperformed, so we have no clue.
#6CPU-ZPosted 7/13/2013 7:28:19 PM
>Implying a port of a 3DS game with a marked up price, and rather little added to it, will outsell RE6 given the vast advertising it had before launch.
>Implying a port will outsell RE6 in a month and a half after launch.
>Misconstruing the words of Masachika Kawata. Read here: https://www.addictedgamer.net/p/Capcom-Resident-Evil-Revelations-reception-a-signpost-for-series-future-by-Joystiq.
>Changes what Kawata said from monitoring feedback to sales.
>History of trolling on this forum.

Nothing to see here. Move along.
#7parkourboybryanPosted 7/13/2013 8:17:08 PM
I don't recall anyone saying it would outsell RE6, just that it would have better reception. And as it stands, a port of a year old 3DS game still got better critical reception than RE6, so your point is moot TC.
---
One of the proud people that still plays Mirror's Edge to this day.
NEW MIRROR'S EDGE!!!!!! I'M FINALLY ABLE TO CHANGE MY SIGNATURE!!!
#8icantseePosted 7/13/2013 9:20:38 PM
Capcom expected 7 million copies sold of RE6 and 1.2 million of Revelations.

How is 1.2 million greater than 7 million?

There was never a time Capcom expected Rev to outsell RE6.
---
RE5, 3DS, RE6 Mercs fan
#9sbn4Posted 7/13/2013 11:29:03 PM
^ I think the fans were hoping that RER would outsell RE6 more than Capcom itself.

Either way, I'm glad that RER didn't do that well. I think the game is really mediocre overall. I'd much rather see an expansion of what was seen in RE6 minus two things. Much fewer button prompts, and a more focused direction.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#10riddlebox89Posted 7/13/2013 11:58:03 PM
sbn4 posted...
^ I think the fans were hoping that RER would outsell RE6 more than Capcom itself.

Either way, I'm glad that RER didn't do that well. I think the game is really mediocre overall. I'd much rather see an expansion of what was seen in RE6 minus two things. Much fewer button prompts, and a more focused direction.

I don't mind the QTE's that much, and with the Breakout skill they become a goddamn cake walk even on Professional, that and melee countering a Bloodshot feels pretty satisfying to me.

But yeah, I'd much rather them expand on what they made RE6 into instead of trying to expand on what they did with Revelations. Only, give me some more weapons to play with and make the extra costumes available for story mode!
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.