Remember when RE: Revelations was going to outsell RE6 and "rectify the series"?

#21jsquad4136Posted 7/14/2013 11:28:49 PM
XxAxem_BlackxX posted...
I love how I get modded for quoting Solid Stryder's post because he said something "offensive" yet his post doesn't get deleted. If I was a billionaire one of the things I'd do is buy this place and fire every staff member. They all suck.

Why not just fire the mods? :(
---
"I haven't been a child since I was 8 years old."
#22DarkD3stinyPosted 7/15/2013 1:18:29 AM(edited)
XxAxem_BlackxX posted...
I love how I get modded for quoting Solid Stryder's post because he said something "offensive" yet his post doesn't get deleted. If I was a billionaire one of the things I'd do is buy this place and fire every staff member. They all suck.

Its because his post didn't get reported by a gamefaqs member whereas yours did. I keep telling you peeps mods dont mod messages unless they are reported (thats just gamefaqs mods for ya). Thats why my off topic topics got deleted but when another person had the same off topic topic it didn't get deleted.
#23DarkD3stinyPosted 7/15/2013 1:22:13 AM
xXxAgentAdaxXx posted...
YES. RE6 keeps slaying all of you, salty hardcore fans.

GO EAST
GO WEST
RE6 IS THE BEST
#24SolidStryderPosted 7/16/2013 1:59:46 AM
DarkD3stiny posted...
XxAxem_BlackxX posted...

Its because his post didn't get reported by a gamefaqs member whereas yours did. I keep telling you peeps mods dont mod messages unless they are reported (thats just gamefaqs mods for ya). Thats why my off topic topics got deleted but when another person had the same off topic topic it didn't get deleted.

Some baby reported my post. Probably made his way back to the Revelations board through the tear afterward.
#25telkomselPosted 7/16/2013 4:59:07 AM
MrSiter1 posted...
RE6 didn't exactly go the way they wanted either. It didn't sell as well as they expected and it received mixed reviews. Nobody really knows whether the series will keep going action or go back to survival horror. Both RE6 and RE:R underperformed, so we have no clue.

And this is exactly the reason why people always speculate, keep guessing, and even debate the two main question about RE.
1. Will RE be a survival horror game again and go back to it's original intended genre? OR
2. Will RE be an action shooter game?

Nowadays RE fans are divided into 2 groups, the one who like the original survival horror, and the one who like an action shooter game.
Capcom tried to balance things up through RE6, but as a result, they get mixed reviews from the fans about RE6.
How ironic.

Some fans agree that RE6 is good.
Some fans agree that RE6 is just... "mediocre".
Some fans agree that RE6 is just plain bad.

Even the review score in notable gaming sites like metacritic, IGN, gamespot, etc. etc. have their own score with a very wide range of gap from 4,5 even to a 9.

See how wide the gap was? It proofs that nobody will ever agree into a one word conclusion of "good/ bad/ mediocre".
It's an endless and pointless debate.

So here is what I think.
Capcom should not try to balance things up but instead they should CHOOSE between the 2 big question.
Either they go back 100% to its original genre (survival horror), OR they should 100% choose RE to be an action shooter.

100% sounds too absolute and too strong, BUT it will give a clear answer to the fans what RE will become.
If it's going to be 100% survival horror, then perhaps the action shooter fans can start to find another action shooter games which has far much quality than RE6.
If it's going to be 100% action shooter, then perhaps the survival horror fans can start to find another survival horror games which has far much quality than RE6.

No more 50-50 (balancing things up) please.
Well, that's what I think.
---
Today I saw a Slave more powerful than the Emperor of Rome
The Gladiator
#26ZeeDogge(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2013 5:09:39 AM
icantsee posted...
Capcom expected 7 million copies sold of RE6 and 1.2 million of Revelations.

How is 1.2 million greater than 7 million?

There was never a time Capcom expected Rev to outsell RE6.

RE:R didn't even meet 1 million. It probably didn't even meet 750k. Sales for it have flatlined. And yes, "the fanbase" thought that "after RE6", "going back to what 'the fans' want" was going to give them big sales. Capcom said it's sales were going to determine the direction of the series, and RE:R failed to meet the teeny sales numbers WITH media and "fan" support. Real talk: it's over, RE6 won.
---
lol assault rifles are machine guns.... d'oh! :P btw so are submgs and anything that has automatic fire.
~squiggy9996999
#27SSJ_JinPosted 7/16/2013 6:54:50 AM
Link to Rev sales? Just curious. And please, no vgchartz. A credible source is requested.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#28kakarotozeroPosted 7/16/2013 7:46:37 AM
SolidStryder posted...
DarkD3stiny posted...
XxAxem_BlackxX posted...

Some baby reported my post. Probably made his way back to the Revelations board through the tear afterward.

its good to know that, I have no idea that when post get deleted its because any user and not by a gamefaqs member
---
PSN account - JOSERICOSUAVE21
#29CPU-ZPosted 7/16/2013 9:28:12 AM
ZeeDogge posted...
icantsee posted...
Capcom expected 7 million copies sold of RE6 and 1.2 million of Revelations.

How is 1.2 million greater than 7 million?

There was never a time Capcom expected Rev to outsell RE6.

RE:R didn't even meet 1 million. It probably didn't even meet 750k. Sales for it have flatlined. And yes, "the fanbase" thought that "after RE6", "going back to what 'the fans' want" was going to give them big sales. Capcom said it's sales were going to determine the direction of the series, and RE:R failed to meet the teeny sales numbers WITH media and "fan" support. Real talk: it's over, RE6 won.

No. Stop giving out misleading information. They said they're going to monitor the fanbase and media reactions for Revs HD and determine where to go from there.
#30parkourboybryanPosted 7/16/2013 9:48:27 AM
SolidStryder posted...
parkourboybryan posted...
I don't recall anyone saying it would outsell RE6, just that it would have better reception. And as it stands, a port of a year old 3DS game still got better critical reception than RE6, so your point is moot TC.

Revelations HD port

Gamerankings
(PS3) 72.86%

Metacritic
(PS3) 75/100

Resident Evil 6

Gamerankings
(PS3) 73.55%

Metacritic
(PS3) 74/100

Dat overwhelming performance.

Why not show both home consoles instead of just the one that contradicts me ever so slightly.

Revelations HD 360

Gamerankings: 74.48%
Metacritic: 75%

Resident Evil 6 360

Gamerankings: 69.04%
Metacritic: 67%

Revelations PC

Gamerankings: 78.00%
Metacritic: 77%

Resident Evil 6 PC

Gamerankings: 68.73%
Metacritic: 68%

And just for kicks.

Revelations 3DS

Gamerankings: 83.50%
Metacritic: 82%

Revelations Wii

Gamerankings: 78.75%
Metacritic: 80%

My point still stands. Even if its so insignificant as <10 points, a port of a year old 3DS game got better reviews than a game with a much larger budget. I guarantee you that if Revelations was built with the PS360 in mind, and got an ad campaign as large as RE6's, then the score difference would've been much larger in Revelations favor, and it would've sold much more. It shows that fans don't want the "coked out" version of RE that we got with RE6. Even 4 and 5 are better than this, as they didn't feel like playing "Rambo with Zombies."

And I consider the 360 to be the most accurate one because that seems to be the "3rd party console", so multiplatform games get more reviews on it than others, giving it a better range of opinions.
---
One of the proud people that still plays Mirror's Edge to this day.
NEW MIRROR'S EDGE!!!!!! I'M FINALLY ABLE TO CHANGE MY SIGNATURE!!!