Anybody else read Marhawa Desire

#1ZeeDoggePosted 7/16/2013 5:11:14 AM
I enjoyed what's out so far :]
---
lol assault rifles are machine guns.... d'oh! :P btw so are submgs and anything that has automatic fire.
~squiggy9996999
#2GoldsicklePosted 7/16/2013 6:38:25 AM
Before the thread gets deleted for being off-topic:

I don't like the art much.

Also it's not the comic's fault but the only translation I can find are the usual idiotic translations where Japanese honorifics are left untranslated.
---
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
#3Crimson_RexPosted 7/16/2013 11:36:32 AM
Goldsickle posted...

Also it's not the comic's fault but the only translation I can find are the usual idiotic translations where Japanese honorifics are left untranslated.

I liked your comic.
---
"I hate you. I'LL KILL YOU!" - Carla Radames
The Freelancer: I worship Frank West
#4GoldsicklePosted 7/16/2013 12:19:32 PM
Crimson_Rex posted...
I liked your comic.

The one in my sig? Thanks :3
---
#5sevil_yelimsPosted 7/17/2013 7:04:04 AM
I can't say that I'm a fan of J.K. Rowling.
---
I want it all.
#6Chirika_MegPosted 7/17/2013 9:15:52 AM
Goldsickle posted...

What's your problem with them? I read some other manga titles and they're usually kept
---
In the middle of nowhere
#7GoldsicklePosted 7/17/2013 9:48:18 AM
Chirika_Meg posted...
What's your problem with them?

Unprofessional.

When manga/anime was translated a decade ago, everything was fully translated and no one reading them needed any detailed glossary or basic Japanese skills.
They could just turn the page or sit back and watch without any "translator note" or random untranslated Japanese words hindering the experience.

I read somewhere that this sudden trend of leaving words untranslated started when companies like Del Rey hired underqualified translators (possibly one of those weeaboo scanlators) to translate official manga.
I dunno about how it happened in anime.

The worst thing about this bulls*** is when Japanese honorifics are left in a comic that is not set in Japan.
For example, when some dumbass translators worked on Vinland Saga (a story about f***ing vikings), where everyone addressed each other with "san", "kun" and "sama".
Double U. Tee. Eff.

And yeah, as I mentioned: Marhawa Desire is set in Singapore, with a few Americans.
There's absolutely no reason for Japanese honorifics.
---
#8Chirika_MegPosted 7/17/2013 10:58:03 AM
Goldsickle posted...
Chirika_Meg posted...
What's your problem with them?

Unprofessional.

When manga/anime was translated a decade ago, everything was fully translated and no one reading them needed any detailed glossary or basic Japanese skills.
They could just turn the page or sit back and watch without any "translator note" or random untranslated Japanese words hindering the experience.

I read somewhere that this sudden trend of leaving words untranslated started when companies like Del Rey hired underqualified translators (possibly one of those weeaboo scanlators) to translate official manga.
I dunno about how it happened in anime.

The worst thing about this bulls*** is when Japanese honorifics are left in a comic that is not set in Japan.
For example, when some dumbass translators worked on Vinland Saga (a story about f***ing vikings), where everyone addressed each other with "san", "kun" and "sama".
Double U. Tee. Eff.

And yeah, as I mentioned: Marhawa Desire is set in Singapore, with a few Americans.
There's absolutely no reason for Japanese honorifics.

As far as I know, nothing said Marhawa was placed in Singapore. It's said to be in a place in Far East ( in the middle of nowhere), in the first chapter, Ricky and Prof Doug got to take a plane to get to Marhawa , so I might say it's not Singapore, it could be anywhere in Asia ( Japan included)

As in some Asia countries people have various words to express their respect towards other people rather than "Mr/Mrs/Madame/Sir/(add yours)" in English, I can't see them fit in this manga's situation, so leaving the Japanese words seem to be a safer option ( bc that's how the Japanese version is, I could find in my own language the perfect words but....not English)
---
In the middle of nowhere
#9Chirika_MegPosted 7/17/2013 11:00:04 AM
Though I gotta agree with you this school is full of students from many other countries ( no Japanese students appears so far) so those honorifics may be out of place
---
In the middle of nowhere
#10GoldsicklePosted 7/17/2013 1:13:34 PM
Chirika_Meg posted...
As far as I know, nothing said Marhawa was placed in Singapore.

F*** my poor memory and the stupid wiki article.
---