Which one should I buy first? (Spoilers)

#1xokennyxoPosted 7/25/2013 3:31:45 PM
After replaying RE 5 & 6, I feel like I need to rehash on the older REs.

I never really played the originals.

The only ones I've played so far are RE 4, 5, 6, Operation Raccoon City, Revelations, Code Veronica, and both of the Outbreaks.

I'm finally buying a Wii because of Remake, Zero, and the Chronicles.

Which what I know, the Chronicles are retellings of 0, 1, 2, 3, Code Veronica and a side story of Leon and Krauser.

I really like the on rails mechanics of the Chronicles, but I've been wanting to play Remake and Zero since lots of topics refer to it as the "best". Yet the Chronicles retell all the stories in one game and have widescreen support.

So I'm deciding which one to get first.

I'm on a budget right now and can only purchase one of the games, since I'm buying a Wii too.

If I were to get one of the Chronicles which one should I get first? Pros and cons of each?

I would really appreciate it if you guys helped me. I know it's a lot to ask but I'm just stumped on which one to get first.
---
~ just give me a reason ~
#2SetsunahenryPosted 7/25/2013 3:48:34 PM
REmake.
---
My Dioramas:- https://www.residentevil.net/share/diorama/users/20130330/1-503-1-30032.png
Playing: Resident Evil 6 & Revelations & GTA Vice City
#3SunburstPosted 7/25/2013 4:00:12 PM
REmake
---
There can be only one.
#4Syn_VengeancePosted 7/25/2013 6:31:10 PM
xokennyxo posted...

The only ones I've played so far are RE 4, 5, 6, Operation Raccoon City, Revelations, Code Veronica, and both of the Outbreaks.

Which what I know, the Chronicles are retellings of 0, 1, 2, 3, Code Veronica and a side story of Leon and Krauser.

I really like the on rails mechanics of the Chronicles, but I've been wanting to play Remake and Zero since lots of topics refer to it as the "best". Yet the Chronicles retell all the stories in one game and have widescreen support.

I'm on a budget right now and can only purchase one of the games, since I'm buying a Wii too.

If I were to get one of the Chronicles which one should I get first? Pros and cons of each?

I would really appreciate it if you guys helped me. I know it's a lot to ask but I'm just stumped on which one to get first.

you know you can get both chronicles games in HD from psn pretty cheap right? then just get a move for it. then when you have the money later down the line get a gamecube and remake (cheaper then getting a wii and the archives version of remake)
---
This is war, Survival is your responsibility.
#5xokennyxo(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2013 6:39:13 PM
Syn_Vengeance posted...
xokennyxo posted...

you know you can get both chronicles games in HD from psn pretty cheap right? then just get a move for it. then when you have the money later down the line get a gamecube and remake (cheaper then getting a wii and the archives version of remake)

I didn't know that, but I don't really go for digital downloads. I prefer physical copies of things. Thanks for that though, I'll tell my friend that's been wanting it and refusing to buy a Wii.

I'm also buying the Wii to play Fatal Frame 2 Remake and Fatal Frame 4.
---
#6Syn_VengeancePosted 7/25/2013 7:26:56 PM
xokennyxo posted...
Syn_Vengeance posted...
xokennyxo posted...

I didn't know that, but I don't really go for digital downloads. I prefer physical copies of things. Thanks for that though, I'll tell my friend that's been wanting it and refusing to buy a Wii.

I'm also buying the Wii to play Fatal Frame 2 Remake and Fatal Frame 4.

I would go for remake over chronicles to answer your question, especially if you have never played.

fantastic game.
---
#7BuffyCanSlayitPosted 7/25/2013 8:02:46 PM
I thought the RE remake on the gamecube was amazing!
---
SF4AE: Dictator/ Zangief.
PSN: Joneal18
#8xokennyxo(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2013 10:06:28 PM
I guess that settles it. REmake it is!

Any tips for playing? Who should I play first?

And is there anyway to have it widescreen to fit my hdtv?

I hate to ask more, but how accurate are the Chronicles? Well, how much do they cover with the retellings.

Thanks for the responses btw!
---
#9Syn_VengeancePosted 7/26/2013 12:42:24 AM
xokennyxo posted...
I guess that settles it. REmake it is!

Any tips for playing? Who should I play first?

And is there anyway to have it widescreen to fit my hdtv?

I hate to ask more, but how accurate are the Chronicles? Well, how much do they cover with the retellings.

Thanks for the responses btw!

jill has more inventory but takes less hits to die in return, she also gets the grenade launcher which chris doesnt.

Chris has less inventory but can take more damage then jill. Havent played remake in awhile but i believe he gets the magnum but jill doesnt.

No remake and zero dont have widescreen settings, most tvs have a setting to stretch the picture but it will make the game look like crap.

Umbrella chronicles is a bunch of short retellings of RE zero, remake, 3. it also shows what wesker was doing during zero and remake and what rebecca was also doing during remake.

Then it has a retelling of Hunks escape from raccoon city, shows how ada also escapes RC. then you have a new mission with chris and jill taking down umbrellas stronghold in russia and what wesker was doing during the event.

Darkside chronicles is a retelling of both RE2 and code veronica and a mission with leon and krauser in south america before the events of RE4. The retellings in this game are longer since its just for 2 games.

The new content story wise is prettt cool but the retellings are basically in a nutshell. the skip key plot points sometimes and some are missing key characters (barry from remake, Nicholai and Mikhail from RE3 for example) the RE3 retelling is completely off in almost everyway and uses old environments from Outbreak 1 & 2 making it the worst of them all.

The retellings of RE2 and code veronica are more thought out and makes a certian character more likable then his original.

If you like rail shooters like house of the dead then you will like them, I think the are pretty fun and play them once in a while ( I have the hd versions from psn to condense to one console since having a kid cost alot of money)

hope this helps.
---
#10jpv2000Posted 7/26/2013 7:04:56 AM
Syn_Vengeance posted...
I would go for remake over chronicles to answer your question, especially if you have never played.

fantastic game.

This. I still replay my copy of REmake a few times every year.
---
More and more, I find myself wondering if it's all worth fighting for...for a future without fear...yeah, it's worth it. (Chris Redfield)