Why is UC the most popular Mercs stage??

#21DarkkefkaFFX(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2013 9:17:27 PM
I guess I hate UC because I'm a sherry user..and the Zombies are too damn strong to OHKO Counter with her unless they are grabbers. My best on this stage with her is a 1.19. I'll keep shooting for 1.25.
---
FFX NSGNZ Dark Aeons (Anima left)
Pokemon D/P Friends Codes: 0216 3888 1669
#22icantseePosted 8/8/2013 12:27:51 PM
DarkkefkaFFX posted...
I guess I hate UC because I'm a sherry user..and the Zombies are too damn strong to OHKO Counter with her unless they are grabbers. My best on this stage with her is a 1.19. I'll keep shooting for 1.25.

Unfortunately, with Sherry you got to injure most of the zombies before countering, i.e. the shoot-them-as-they-swing-their-arms-and-then-counter trick.

For the BSAA zombies, Sherry has a magnum. You might try shooting them in the legs to make them drop their weapons. And when they attack afterwards, they should be a OHKO.
---
RE5, 3DS, RE6 Mercs fan
#23ChanjuanPosted 8/8/2013 5:25:45 PM
UC is fun but I always migrate to the Catacombs. The zombies are just so damn crazy there [especially candle zombies or the ones with bombs on their bodies].
I can see why UC is always chosen though, the variety of monsters to fight is pretty fun and they're relentless.
#24DarkkefkaFFX(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2013 6:41:25 PM
Well it seems that scoring high with sherry is hard anyway. I rather dg the normal zombies and counter the ones with weapons, leapers, and spitters( she kicks spitters in the face ^_^)

As for the BSAA(Blood Shot Armored Awholes) I have 3 falme greandes. I kill a few of them with the first 2, then I try to get 2-3 more in range for the last one. By then I'll have easy target and I can kill the bloodshoots when I have time to spare.

I've gotten better it this stage now that I know how to pick off the magnum cops.
My only problem now is that I keep ACCIDENTLY KILLING NAPAD in the 140 range!!

I can average 1.8-1.9 with killing napad at 140. I've FINALLY scored 1.20 once. I want a 1,.25 now.,
---
#25UnfoolishPosted 8/12/2013 12:06:58 AM
What is the highest solo world record for Default Sherry on UC?

Bravo to Sherry players playing on that map. I will pick Carla for this next UC solo event, save myself the frustration.

It seems every character has a disadvantage map in the game, not intentional but by design. Sherry on Urban Chaos. Jake in Mining the Depths. Helena on Rooftop Mission. Piers on majority. Ada on Requiem for War. At least in Duo, it can balance some of the obstacles.
#26DarkkefkaFFX(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2013 12:29:34 AM
DON't know, but there's a 1.33 run on yt. Dude finished with 14 mins with default sherry!!!! O_O

I average finishing with 5 mins scoring 1.20-1.23 now. The only time I fail is when Napad gets in my way,,either by killing me..stopping my combo, or getting killed early by mistake.
---
#27icantseePosted 8/12/2013 1:32:18 PM
DarkkefkaFFX posted...
DON't know, but there's a 1.33 run on yt. Dude finished with 14 mins with default sherry!!!! O_O

I average finishing with 5 mins scoring 1.20-1.23 now. The only time I fail is when Napad gets in my way,,either by killing me..stopping my combo, or getting killed early by mistake.

I tried going back to UC after a long layoff to see how rusty I was. Also to get some practice for the event.

Oh man, I was horrible. It's like I never played the map at all. I did try default Sherry out of curiousity (I usually use Leon) and I have a better understand of why she's difficult on this stage. She takes 3 bullets to injure a zombie enough to kill with a counter. It's difficult to get three shots in as they're swinging. Also her gun has a big crosshair and the dot tends to float a lot. So in those three shots, there's a good chance you'll hit the arm due to the dot floating which causes the zombies to pause for a while. Plus, her regular leg kick melee is really slow. It's like she tied 20 pound weights to her leg.
---
RE5, 3DS, RE6 Mercs fan
#28UnfoolishPosted 8/16/2013 1:08:32 AM
What is the best way, fast and efficient to get counter time +10 from the armored BSAA?

With Jake, he can knock them down from using their spamming assault rifles. With female characters, they can do a backwards donkey kick to make the enemy drop weapons which comes in handing against cops using magnums and such.

My problem is now with the armored BSAA, typically I just shoot their legs to stun them into CDG set ups. Sometimes I do a headshot into stun then CDG. Other times when I do get a headshot, it might burst the zombie head. Then I do a headshot then try to counter their grab but it is not strong enough. Sometimes I do two headshots then counter and it still won't kill the BSAA. Also, shooting their arm, leg area is annoying because even with that, you gotta deal with the clock time you are eating up trying to set up a counter then you gotta deal with the 120+ chaotic waves which can make it infuriating when there is zombies shooting all over the map. Keep in mind, this is without Power Counter equipped. The set ups I mentioned I use with Power Counter but the damn zombies have too much HP that it's super ridiculous especially the armored ones.
#29DarkkefkaFFX(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 10:01:13 AM
for..a sherry user..I just slide, melee kick. CGD. She CDG's the in the face.
Most of them are grabbers, so She can OHKO counter kill them.

For some reason..I can't stop playing this stage. I couldn't stand it at first, but now I love it.

As I got better at RE^ mersc..I just I see it as a challenge. Comparing it to other stages..it rather difficult to keep up the combo while holding Napad. Ubistivo is a pain, but at least she kills things for you like Whoppers and keeps the combo Going.

Napad on the other had...EVERYTHING HE DOES IS DESIGNED TO RUIN YOUR COMBO!! Holding you., knocking you down, KILLING YOU, interfering with you counter/melee kills. I can;'t stand Napad

Of course, the bane of this stage is kil count 100-140. This is where things get hellish.

I can still only average a 1.20-1.22 with sherry. My goal is to be able to score 1.25-1.30 with her in time for the event.

How much time do I need for 1.25 with napad at 150?
---
#30UnfoolishPosted 8/20/2013 1:00:00 PM
DarkkefkaFFX posted...
for..a sherry user..I just slide, melee kick. CGD. She CDG's the in the face.
Most of them are grabbers, so She can OHKO counter kill them.
One thing that sucks about Default Sherry against the armored BSAA is that even with 1 Headshot into melee won't kill it (even 2 headshots can burst the zombie head but it takes 2 headshots into melee kill) but with Carla, 1 Headshot with the Picador then melee will kill it. I've been doing CDG on those BSAA so far, 1 headshot~slide~CDG. With Carla, I shoot an Acid Round then counter a group, it works just like the firemen.

I just find it hard to counter them at an efficient speed to build up time fast. Even with Power Counter on, it's a gigantic pain to deal with. I do leg shot stun, headshot stun, arm stun and then I have to wait for the whole animation before I counter. 12 Acid Rounds with Carla, I can understand now why she is so gdlk when it comes to counter set ups on those pesky zombies :)

Counter dogs in lag is still a pain. When I see a swarm, I will CDG grenade glitch them packs XD