I honestly can't play RE4 HD after RE6

#1ZeeDoggePosted 8/3/2013 12:04:05 PM
Sure, the strategy or careful aiming followed by melee still held true back then, but the camera is a complete pain to deal with. The fact that you can only look in the direction you're moving completely messes up situational awareness. Shooting up and down a flight of stairs was a pain because the camera was leveled forward when you were on flat ground, meaning you had to slowly aim up and down to get a bead on the target every time.

Arrow shooting enemies are just an awkward pain because of no moving and shooting, since it left you unable to pie around corners. And since there was no cover system, you had to awkwardly peek around corners with tank controls.

Then there's how the laser sight moves semi independently from the camera, making aiming in close quarters a weird game of perspective that made you look incredibly derpy.

I'd honestly love to see RE4 remade with RE6 controls. Make everything less of a pain to use, make the ganado more aggressive, and you have yourself an instant hit.
---
lol assault rifles are machine guns.... d'oh! :P btw so are submgs and anything that has automatic fire.
~squiggy9996999
#2sbn4Posted 8/3/2013 12:38:55 PM
Agreed. RE4 became archaic after RE5 to me actually.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#3xXxAgentAdaxXxPosted 8/3/2013 1:46:54 PM
Y'all are NOT ready for the masterpiece of our ages when RE4 is updated with better controls.
---
Formerly known as xXxAdaxXx.
#4ZGMF_600_GuaizPosted 8/3/2013 1:55:32 PM
ZeeDogge posted...
I'd honestly love to see RE4 remade with RE6 controls. Make everything less of a pain to use, make the ganado more aggressive, and you have yourself an instant hit.
Unless Capcom intends to further damage the RE brand, I hope no future RE game, either new or remake, resembles RE6 at all.

RE6 just can't be considered a survival horror game anymore, it's just a dramatic action game set in the RE universe and at most it should have been just a spin-off, just like Operation Raccoon City, if not a game from an entirely different series, sort of what happened with the first Devil May Cry.
#5ZeeDogge(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 3:14:19 PM
ZGMF_600_Guaiz posted...
ZeeDogge posted...
Unless Capcom intends to further damage the RE brand, I hope no future RE game, either new or remake, resembles RE6 at all.

RE6 just can't be considered a survival horror game anymore, it's just a dramatic action game set in the RE universe and at most it should have been just a spin-off, just like Operation Raccoon City, if not a game from an entirely different series, sort of what happened with the first Devil May Cry.

RE was always the more actiony "survival horror". Besides, are you really going to love a game more or less because of the brand, instead of the gameplay? That's as bad, or worse, as putting graphics over gameplay
---
lol assault rifles are machine guns.... d'oh! :P btw so are submgs and anything that has automatic fire.
~squiggy9996999
#6ZGMF_600_GuaizPosted 8/3/2013 5:46:28 PM
ZeeDogge posted...
RE was always the more actiony "survival horror". Besides, are you really going to love a game more or less because of the brand, instead of the gameplay? That's as bad, or worse, as putting graphics over gameplay
Let me turn the question around: would you have liked if Devil May Cry had come out as RE4, completely changing the concept of the series? RE6 might not have been such a drastic change, but it moved away from survival horror and went all the way into the dramatic action direction.

If I'm buying a main title Resident Evil game, I'm expecting it to focus on the survival horror elements that made the previous entries of the series great and made me a fan of the series, not a game which Capcom itself admitted was an attempt to rally the CoD crowds while sticking the Resident Evil 6 label on it.
#7Syn_VengeancePosted 8/3/2013 6:08:17 PM(edited)
RE had always been an action game with survival concepts. I mean, come on you get plenty of guns, health and ammo.

Handguns
shotguns
Assault rifles
Magnums
grenade launchers
rocket launchers
magnums

Hell in RE2 you can get 2 of the same machine gun in 1 playthrough. i can beat that game with like 6 first aid sprays and 6-8 herb mixes left and plenty of ammo to beat the game again.

On topic im currently playing RE4 again and was struggling to play mercs due to the controls but im starting to get use to it again.
---
This is war, Survival is your responsibility.
#8Crimson_RexPosted 8/3/2013 6:02:03 PM
ZGMF_600_Guaiz posted...
ZeeDogge posted...

RE in general was never 'survival' horror, much less scary.
---
"I hate you. I'LL KILL YOU!" - Carla Radames
The Freelancer: I worship Frank West
#9Syn_VengeancePosted 8/3/2013 6:09:15 PM
Crimson_Rex posted...
ZGMF_600_Guaiz posted...
ZeeDogge posted...

RE in general was never 'survival' horror, much less scary.

this
---
This is war, Survival is your responsibility.
#10ZeeDogge(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 7:14:10 PM
ZGMF_600_Guaiz posted...
ZeeDogge posted...
Let me turn the question around: would you have liked if Devil May Cry had come out as RE4, completely changing the concept of the series? RE6 might not have been such a drastic change, but it moved away from survival horror and went all the way into the dramatic action direction.

If I'm buying a main title Resident Evil game, I'm expecting it to focus on the survival horror elements that made the previous entries of the series great and made me a fan of the series, not a game which Capcom itself admitted was an attempt to rally the CoD crowds while sticking the Resident Evil 6 label on it.

ITT: There are actually people who would not to like to play as Wesker style super human in the RE universe

I think most normal people would have enjoyed that too. Certainly more than RE0. Unless you want to cry that companies don't make the kind of games you like anymore, there's nothing wrong with mixing it up in a series, instead of just burning out like Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero from repetition.

And either way, RE was never the most pure "survival horror" around. Look at Slender, Amnesia, or other indie horror games. Those look NOTHING like classic RE.
---
~squiggy9996999