I honestly can't play RE4 HD after RE6

#11GoldsicklePosted 8/3/2013 11:50:55 PM
ZeeDogge posted...
And since there was no cover system,

There is a cover system but you can only do it behind specific covers. Only a few in the game.

RE5 added a lot more "cover points" to combat gun-toting enemies but by RE6, they implemented a "take cover anywhere" system.

I'd honestly love to see RE4 remade with RE6 controls. Make everything less of a pain to use, make the ganado more aggressive, and you have yourself an instant hit.

That and RE5.
Capcom can have my money.

I think the typical argument against this would be the "adding walk-and-shoot in the previous games would make it too easy because the game isn't built for that" BS reasoning.

Mercenaries 3D shows that even with walk-and-shoot, run-while-reloading, move-and-heal, the game doesn't suddenly become "too easy" and it even reuses enemies and backdrops from RE4 & RE5, with no A.I. changes.

Another older example is the arcade spin-off for Code: VERONICA, where you can walk-and-shoot in first person and they imported the same enemies from the classic RE games, again with hardly any A.I. changes.

Resident Evil took way too long to implement walk-and-shoot for it's main titles.
---
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
#12gmoshierPosted 8/4/2013 12:16:22 AM
RE 4 HD is just an average game imo. The controls are awful, the camera is horrible, and the QTE's are worse than the ones in RE 6.
---
Must buy Saints Row IV, Beyond: Two Souls, & Batman: Arkham Origins!
http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/10/gmoshier.png
#13ReceiverxWisdomPosted 8/4/2013 2:57:32 AM
You know what? I love how certain people say "I can't play x recent game because of the controls" yet they wouldn't mind the series to go back to previous roots from a gameplay anesthetic which includes tank controls.
---
"I'm the man you love to hate and I'm sure as hell not phased by you fakes."
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#14edward18Posted 8/4/2013 8:04:52 AM
I want the beta of 4 to be made with the old controls.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#15icantseePosted 8/4/2013 11:55:45 AM
ZGMF_600_Guaiz posted...
ZeeDogge posted...
RE was always the more actiony "survival horror". Besides, are you really going to love a game more or less because of the brand, instead of the gameplay? That's as bad, or worse, as putting graphics over gameplay
Let me turn the question around: would you have liked if Devil May Cry had come out as RE4, completely changing the concept of the series? RE6 might not have been such a drastic change, but it moved away from survival horror and went all the way into the dramatic action direction.

If I'm buying a main title Resident Evil game, I'm expecting it to focus on the survival horror elements that made the previous entries of the series great and made me a fan of the series, not a game which Capcom itself admitted was an attempt to rally the CoD crowds while sticking the Resident Evil 6 label on it.

That's true. When a fan enjoys a videogame like RE and buys the sequel, there's an expectation that the sequel will advance its predecessor in some form and contain elements from the predecessor to some degree. However, the amount and nature of those elements that must be carried over is (obviously) highly subjective. It can range from just the story to only the gameplay.

Some fans have enjoyed both. They view the controls as part of the narrative because it lends itself to creating the tension and atmosphere of the game.

Other fans like the story, but feel the controls are artifically restrictive and detract from gameplay.
---
RE5, 3DS, RE6 Mercs fan
#16IlDankoPosted 8/4/2013 12:09:57 PM
xXxAgentAdaxXx posted...
Y'all are NOT ready for the masterpiece of our ages when RE4 is updated with better controls.

The masterpiece will be 2 and 3 remade with revelations or RE6 controls (without the sliding and jiu jitsu, karate and pro wrestling-like melee moves)
---
Shhhh... Quiet, you might piss somebody off
PSN: Dan21993
#17ZeeDogge(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2013 1:06:56 PM
IlDanko posted...
xXxAgentAdaxXx posted...
Y'all are NOT ready for the masterpiece of our ages when RE4 is updated with better controls.

The masterpiece will be 2 and 3 remade with revelations or RE6 controls (without the sliding and jiu jitsu, karate and pro wrestling-like melee moves)

Maybe not martial arts(since old RE zombies are in fact infectious), but sliding needs to stay for it's evasion function(sliding past an enemy to avoid it while sprinting). Maybe just take out it's melee functions.

Though I'm sure everybody would love remade RE games with RE6 controls, and martial arts substituted with the use of weapons like knives and axes(maybe chairs???)
---
lol assault rifles are machine guns.... d'oh! :P btw so are submgs and anything that has automatic fire.
~squiggy9996999
#18IlDankoPosted 8/4/2013 1:20:17 PM
ZeeDogge posted...
IlDanko posted...
xXxAgentAdaxXx posted...

Maybe not martial arts(since old RE zombies are in fact infectious), but sliding needs to stay for it's evasion function(sliding past an enemy to avoid it while sprinting). Maybe just take out it's melee functions.

Though I'm sure everybody would love remade RE games with RE6 controls, and martial arts substituted with the use of weapons like knives and axes(maybe chairs???)

Make it like outbreak, where you can pick up pipes, brooms and other objects to use them as melee weapons
---
Shhhh... Quiet, you might piss somebody off
PSN: Dan21993
#19edward18Posted 8/4/2013 1:40:12 PM
No. I don't want martial arts/meleein-post-REmake. I want the old RE games to be done like REmake was.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#20ZGMF_600_GuaizPosted 8/4/2013 2:26:10 PM
ZeeDogge posted...
For starters, I wouldn't love such abomination :D

A remake should play similar to the original game. Besides, those who played the REmake know that they did added some new mechanics that didn't affect the old style gameplay while providing an improved experience, such as the emergency use weapons, such as the daggers.

RE6 gameplay mechanics would fit better in a RE:ORC2 or some other action-focused spin-off.