If they reboot the series, regardless of the direction they take

#1PyroSparkPosted 8/8/2013 10:34:09 AM
They need to show a few characters and WORK with them. Instead of releasing new character after new character and have old ones fade into oblivion. Would have been nice to stop having new characters after RE3 or 2. Then it would be pretty damn hard to neglect HUNK/Claire/Barry/whatever.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#2VioletSystemsPosted 8/16/2013 10:33:39 PM
It's not easy as it sounds I know, but just let them separate the two genres by making two different gamestyles of the same title if they can't make their minds up!
#3ILuvKnivesPosted 8/16/2013 10:58:35 PM
So the gameplay atmosphere of the next sequel should be more akin to that of Revelations. As previously suggested in another topic board, the next protagonist should be someone who hasn't had any formal militia-type training. This character should be your everyday Joe who works 9 - 5 then suddenly finds himself in the middle of the zombie apocalypse.

As a side game, Capcom can create another "Mercenaries" edition. Perhaps this time around, there would not be any time limit like Raid Mode in Revelations. Also, it would be nice to be able to customize your weapon set with set parameters to keep the character well balanced. RE6's melee system should be implemented again, but maybe Capcom can nerf the melee attacks a little bit since they're a bit OP in RE6 Mercs.
---
If playing X-Box 360 was a full-time job, I'd be having overtime everyday. (^_^)
#4DestinyKnotPosted 8/16/2013 11:22:43 PM
ILuvKnives posted...
As a side game, Capcom can create another "Mercenaries" edition. Perhaps this time around, there would not be any time limit like Raid Mode in Revelations.

..then it wouldn't be Mercenaries, the point of Mercenaries is too intensify the game-play for the highest score possible for each player, that said time limit is vital to your score, the more time remaining, the higher your score. Mercenaries isn't catered to casuals, you literally have to know everything about the game to score high.
#5Syn_VengeancePosted 8/16/2013 11:45:27 PM
DestinyKnot posted...
ILuvKnives posted...
As a side game, Capcom can create another "Mercenaries" edition. Perhaps this time around, there would not be any time limit like Raid Mode in Revelations.

..then it wouldn't be Mercenaries, the point of Mercenaries is too intensify the game-play for the highest score possible for each player, that said time limit is vital to your score, the more time remaining, the higher your score. Mercenaries isn't catered to casuals, you literally have to know everything about the game to score high.

This, The point of mecs is to kill all the enemies with the highest combo and most time left for the biggest score. Mercs should always have a timer and leave raid mode without a timer.
---
This is war, Survival is your responsibility.
#6ReceiverxWisdomPosted 8/17/2013 2:23:36 PM(edited)
Perfect multiplayer aspects for the next Resident Evil:

If Resident Evil 7 follows the action path

>Bring back a real mercs reunion with more characters in the series.
>Bring back Raid mode.
>Bring back Team Slayers.
>Balance Survivors (not any of that Piers + Quickshot bulls*** anymore.)
>Fix the servers (resident Evil 6 had bad servers on launch day. Unacceptable for the next entry.)
>Keep Onslaught and Predator (those were the only two DLC packs that I thought were good ideas in RE6.)
>No more spawning as an enemy creature in Survivors modes (it sucks, keep it only in agent hunt. They could probably benefit doing this in Team Slayers somehow if the player has a set amount of respawns before becoming a monster. It would keep things intense like that in my opinion.)

>Take a note from Uncharted and make a non-canon set of co-op missions to complete objectives.
>Make a 'survival' mode. Waves of enemies, confided area, no timer.
>Take a note from Timespiltters and Kane & Lynch 2 with offline mulitplayer options that have varying degrees of difficulty so the bots won't look like chumps.
>Bring back the capture the flag variant from ORC where you have to collect samples to win a match.

If Resident Evil 7 follows the survival horror path, all the way back to a fixed camera.

If the mechanics of the game don't consist of an third person OTS (over the shoulder) perspective camera anymore then use the assets from Resident Evil Outbreak online and Operation Mad Jackal. Revamp these modes if the conversion back to tank controls is the only way Capcom wants to explore the roots of the series.

Other suggestions

REmake 2 (c'mon T_T)
REmake 3 (C'MON!)

Repackage them into one brand new game (double whammy)

Plan out RE7 with additional focus. Don't half ass it.

Release a non canon RE4 about the hookman version (Dead Rising came out with Dead Rising 2: off the record which was non-canon. Could you imagine how awesome it would be to do the same thing to RE4?)

Release a new completely reinvented addition to the Resident Evil: Survivor series to strengthen the brand name and make it actually good this time.

(Mikami said Resident Evil was originally going to be a first person camera perspective before it was changed very early in development. To me, it makes sense to make a spinoff first person shooter Resident Evil game done with justice this time around. It will only be a spinoff so if it fails it really won't do any harm to the main timeline. )

These ideas are like...begging to swim in money. I'm willing to bet these ideas would single handedly keep the brand name relevant for the next console generation.

It's a shame Capcom sucks these days and none of this will probably ever happen.
---
"I'm the man you love to hate and I'm sure as hell not phased by you fakes."
PSN: LatinChris_9990