Which enemies were the least frightening in each RE game you played?

#11ReceiverxWisdomPosted 8/17/2013 8:25:34 PM(edited)
the chickens

^ Goddamn those things on RE5 professional difficulty :[
---
"I'm the man you love to hate and I'm sure as hell not phased by you fakes."
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#12ultimate reaverPosted 8/17/2013 8:45:26 PM
RE1: Dogs

REMake: Everything was pretty creepy but if I had to pick one, dogs again. They die easy.

RE2: The stupid plant things, maybe? They looked dopey.

RE3: Drain Deimos. Bad licker knockoffs.

CVX: Zombies. It sucks to be a zombie in CVX, even the knife kills you dead with no problem.

RE0: The monkeys of courses. Nothing scary about monkeys.

Resident Evil 4: Most everything except Regenerators.

Resident Evil 5: Everything, once again.

Resident Evil 6: Everything. Holy crap, the monsters in Resident Evil 6 makes no sense. What the hell does the C-Virus do? Does it turn you into a zombie? Does it turn you into a J'avo? Maybe it'll turn you into a giant monster rock face man or a spider person? Or maybe it'll just decide that your human form is totally unneeded and somehow transform you into a giant frilled lizard that shoots needles like a Cactaur or just a big freaking bumblebee. It's like a great big game of roulette except you lose on every space because they are all stupid.
---
"im gonna kill all the babies"- fluttershy, 2008
#13ReceiverxWisdomPosted 8/17/2013 8:59:41 PM
What the hell does the C-Virus do? Does it turn you into a zombie? Does it turn you into a J'avo?

It's explained in the files that only the blue gas creates zombies and only direct injections of a normal unmodified C-virus strain creates the J'avo.
---
#14ultimate reaverPosted 8/18/2013 10:02:55 AM
ReceiverxWisdom posted...
What the hell does the C-Virus do? Does it turn you into a zombie? Does it turn you into a J'avo?

It's explained in the files that only the blue gas creates zombies and only direct injections of a normal unmodified C-virus strain creates the J'avo.

Fair enough, I didn't read any of the files because of how roundabout they put them into the game. But how does it turn people into bumblebees and lizards and giant birds? How does a virus, even restrained within the logic of the rest of the series, turn someone into a giant bee that spews human-shaped swarms of bugs at people or go "I want this guy to be an animal lets literally make him into a big iguana"?
---
#15sbn4Posted 8/18/2013 10:24:12 AM
Saying J'avos are not scary is kind of a moot point. Were they really meant to be scary when their segments were supposed to be action oriented? Not to mention nothing was scary in RE6 at all.

And I agree with Arch. But there are a few enemies that were well designed and made me really cautious around them. This includes lickers, regenerators, and Mr. X.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#16ReceiverxWisdomPosted 8/18/2013 11:10:17 AM(edited)
Fair enough, I didn't read any of the files because of how roundabout they put them into the game. But how does it turn people into bumblebees and lizards and giant birds? How does a virus, even restrained within the logic of the rest of the series, turn someone into a giant bee that spews human-shaped swarms of bugs at people or go "I want this guy to be an animal lets literally make him into a big iguana"?

To be fair I always thought it had to do with the unstable, adverse reactions from the C-virus because other people had different DNA so I just figured the cocooning process just makes different mutations from that concept altogether.

It also was explained in the files that some of these monstrous mutations was already being documented once several subjects entered the cocooning process during Simmons' journey to clone Ada Wong.

Since C is a mix of the G-virus & T-veronica, we already know G is a vastly unstable virus.
---
#17siberian142Posted 8/18/2013 2:56:46 PM
ultimate reaver posted...

When a J'avo enters the Chrysalid state, their entire body is broken down and mutated into another form entirely. It is possible to control the end result by mixing DNA into the C-virus and it can be assumed that most of the mutations are the result of experimentation with different strains (like Napad = gorilla strain, gnezdo = bee strain, etc). Strains that have not been modified with DNA probably just wing it and mutate into something random. The virus seems very powerful and prone to extreme levels of customization, as evidenced by Carla turning into an exact copy of Ada without apparently losing her human traits.

Mutations prior to entering the chrysalid state is due to the Veronica virus being related to insects. They sprout insect limbs and turn into insectoid creatures because of it.
#18ultimate reaverPosted 8/18/2013 8:10:06 PM

To be fair I always thought it had to do with the unstable, adverse reactions from the C-virus because other people had different DNA so I just figured the cocooning process just makes different mutations from that concept altogether.

It also was explained in the files that some of these monstrous mutations was already being documented once several subjects entered the cocooning process during Simmons' journey to clone Ada Wong.

Since C is a mix of the G-virus & T-veronica, we already know G is a vastly unstable virus.

The G-virus was unstable in that it inflammed and altered sections of your body in chaotic ways as it progressed and as a response to injuries that you've sustained. It never just turned you literally into a giant lizard.

Though, the G-virus wasn't without its problems in that by the end of the game it had put so much mass on Birkin beyond his normal shape that he could fill an entire room, which was sort of ridiculous and couldn't have possibly come from his original shape. They pretty soundly trump that, though, with C-virus Simmons who can expand to the size of a house and then turn back to normal at will.

And Siberian, once again, fair enough. That does make a bit more sense since the J'avo are supposed to be weaponized and all. I would say I was going to get off my ass and find the files, but I don't think I can bear to play through this game again.

Nevertheless, I still think that even mixing DNA with them, it passes a boundary that the series set up in the "this is actually believable" category. Past examples of similar stuff, like Code: Veronica had subjects turn into horrible twisted hybrids of person and animal. Alexia wasn't a dragonfly, she was a twisted flesh-creature with wings similar to one. The Gnezdo is, for all intents and purposes, literally just a large bee surrounded by other bees. I can't help but feel if the chrysalid creatures would have been better served as something entirely separate from the J'avo. Just animal test subjects, like they were in other entries of the series.
---
#19siberian142Posted 8/18/2013 9:28:29 PM
I was mistaken, the lepotisa and Gnezdo are failed Ada Wong clones.

And true enough. The C-virus is a bit of a Mary Sue as a virus. There's just so much it can be made to do just by tinkering with it a bit. Other viruses were capable of mutating a variety of animals, but the C-virus can be controlled to the point where it's possible to clone someone with it. Besides that, you can create creatures with the traits of any animal or the virus can just wing it and produce something random.