Do you think that the classic Resident Evil games are scary?

#1Dark__ThronePosted 8/15/2013 6:07:04 AM
Do you think that the classic Resident Evil games are scary? - Results (83 votes)
Yes. I find the old RE games scary.
22.89% (19 votes)
I think they're scary but I've become desensitised to them.
21.69% (18 votes)
Only certain RE moments are scary
28.92% (24 votes)
No the RE games are simply not scary at all
26.51% (22 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I vote 2. The classic RE games are used to be scary but I've played them so many times that they don't scare me anymore.

But classic RE games I basically mean any RE game preceeding RE4.
#2good_tobiPosted 8/15/2013 9:18:44 AM
Resident Evil 3 was just too much for me back then
---
Don't need sharingan to see this.
#3IlDankoPosted 8/15/2013 9:57:44 AM
They were scary at their time...
---
Shhhh... Quiet, you might piss somebody off
PSN: Dan21993
#4Spade59Posted 8/15/2013 10:00:28 AM(edited)
They're a helluva lot scarier than any of this ****.

Of course you'll have someone play the fear is relative bull****, but we all know it's crap.

Sad thing is the worst part isn't the loss of horror factor (which could maybe be forgiven), but the games are starting to suck ass massively. So much for that.
#5ArchiantagonistPosted 8/15/2013 1:20:17 PM
"No the RE games are simply not scary at all"
+
Never were
+
Never will be
---
--------------------x_0--------------------
#6masamakoPosted 8/15/2013 1:53:50 PM
I've gotta agree with TC, it's the second one for me.

Resi 3 scared the crap outta me when I was a kid. Now its just business as usual.
---
Steam - cool_man_dude_guy
PSN = MAArc MGO I.D. = SCRO
#7ReceiverxWisdomPosted 8/15/2013 5:19:48 PM(edited)
Only certain moments of RE were scary. Once your first playhrough is done it's not as suspenseful anymore if you master the game and know what to expect.

I say RE is at it's scariest if it's a blind playthrough with no guides. After playing REmake for the first time I certainly didn't expect half the things that nearly obstructed me to progress.

(Such as the hanging man in the dormitories who committed suicide, cutting himself down and already being a Crimson Head after I re-entered the room upon Neptune's defeat by accident as Jill. Goddamn it, that made me jump out my socks. -___- )
---
"I'm the man you love to hate and I'm sure as hell not phased by you fakes."
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#8sbn4Posted 8/15/2013 5:36:39 PM
I found RE2 genuinely creepy. I was nervous around every bend. When I played the B scenario, Mr. X just gave me the biggest heart attack. Also, the interrogation room licker nearly killed me IRL. True story, my brother was watching me play, I had the volume turned down really low, when it came out, he jumped really hard.

REmake was the only other game to give me a similar feeling but to a lesser degree since I knew what to expect. RE3 was more of me wondering when Nemesis was going to pop up. Not quiet as memorable as the initial two I mentioned.

The newer games are simply fun to play, but not at all scary.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#9largerockPosted 8/16/2013 7:48:51 AM
Only on first, blind playthroughs are they scary.
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#10juzziexPosted 8/16/2013 11:33:47 PM
Nemesis was scary (the monster itself) I didn't really find much else scary. Creepy sure...never really scary like a Fatal Frame or Silent Hill game though where I just wanted to turn the game off because it was too much. They had a whole lot more atmosphere too them than the newer games in the series though.