Resident Evil 6: Capcom says next game will return to series roots

#61YermomHoudiniPosted 8/16/2013 2:04:15 PM
then don't be a trained super cop, be a regular average book writer looking for his little girl who got lost in a monster infested town or something.
---
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Master Ninja - Level 1 Dragon Sword run, no UT/ninpo/item, open chest
http://goo.gl/OENWJ
#62edward18Posted 8/16/2013 2:59:40 PM
Yeah, that's the kind of characters that should be the main ones in RE. And even if they are the "super cop" type, they should still be acting that way.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#63StrykeBlaydePosted 8/16/2013 3:05:30 PM
edward18 posted...
Yeah, that's the kind of characters that should be the main ones in RE. And even if they are the "super cop" type, they should still be acting that way.

Because in a time where you're about to be grabbed, it's common sense to turn a 360 and try to run away instead of attempting to give yourself ANY space at all with a punch/kick/shove.
---
Playing: Borderlands 2, Final Fantasy 7, Witcher 1, Rogue Legacy,
Deus Ex: HR, Dark Souls, UMvC3
#64edward18Posted 8/16/2013 3:18:39 PM
Why would common sense have anything to do with it? That's gameplay.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#65StrykeBlaydePosted 8/16/2013 3:22:48 PM
edward18 posted...
Why would common sense have anything to do with it? That's gameplay.

Pretty bad gameplay. You'd rather get hit than sit there and give yourself maybe an extra second to do something?
---
Playing: Borderlands 2, Final Fantasy 7, Witcher 1, Rogue Legacy,
Deus Ex: HR, Dark Souls, UMvC3
#66edward18Posted 8/16/2013 3:54:16 PM
In RE? Yes.
---
#67TurduckenPosted 8/16/2013 4:40:13 PM
In RE3 Jill could shove an enemy with a well-timed press of R1 (or X if a weapon was already drawn). Boo RE3.
---
THE FIGHT WILL CONTINUE, AS LONG AS THE AMERICA INSIDE MY HEART IS STILL ALIVE
#68edward18Posted 8/16/2013 4:45:51 PM
Well it is what I consider the worst of the classics.
---
#69ILuvKnivesPosted 8/16/2013 11:49:55 PM
YermomHoudini posted...
then don't be a trained super cop, be a regular average book writer looking for his little girl who got lost in a monster infested town or something.

^^ Hmm, sounds a bit like "Silent Hill" to me. LOL

Yes, I totally agree that the next installment's protagonist should not have any formal militia-type training whatsoever. What if it was someone who also had some kind of disease like asthma or diabetes? I don't mean to offend any of you on here who are or may know someone close to you who have either disease, but I think this aspect will greatly add to the survival challenge. This character might not be able to make it from point A to point B directly unless they stop by to rest or have to find medicine (e.g., inhaler or insulin).

Also, what if Capcom offered the choices between the classic camera angle and the frontal 3rd person view that's been the norm for the more recent RE games? That way, no one would be whining about it. Also, doesn't Revelations have the enemy generator program where they randomly appear anywhere in the map? I might be wrong, but I know that enemies were fairly easy in RE6 especially if you already know where they're going to spawn from. I think the element of surprise, along with scarce ammo, can really bring the series back to its "roots" (whatever that may be).
---
If playing X-Box 360 was a full-time job, I'd be having overtime everyday. (^_^)
#70zombiabsolPosted 8/18/2013 12:23:17 AM
Capcom, i hope you get it right.

If they follow the style of re4 and revelations, and kind of Ada's campaign in re6, then it will be good.

Add in the atmosphere from re3 and it could be as good as dead space 2.
---
I live for the Applause, Applause, Applause. I live for the applause-plause, live for the applause-plause!