One thing I hate most about RE6 is the J'avo.

#11DestinyKnotPosted 8/16/2013 7:52:34 PM
ReceiverxWisdom posted...
I think the ganados were worse but thats because their ai was bad.

The ones who blew themselves up with dynamite while not even bothering to toss the TNT away when you were 10 feet distant from them surely created some laugh worthy moments on my playthroughs especially when they ran into a crowd of their own men with lit dynamite on the underground mining level.

RE4's AI. . . was not the brightest at all times.

..or the ones who run right into the trip wires. XD

J.J. also killing hordes of Ganados also comes to mind. <.<
#12siberian142Posted 8/16/2013 8:18:53 PM
J'avo aren't human, you can't just expect them to drop dead because they have been shot in the face. They sprout extra limbs because the Veronica virus has been used in the creation of the C-Virus.

My only gripe with J'avo (and RE6) in general is that the flashbang grenades are now underutilized against mutations. Some players might agree the OKHO feature from flashbangs in previous iterations might seem 'cheap' however I still wish some monsters had a weakness to certain items. That's what made using certain tactics pretty fun and strategic.

In this game it seems that the only effective thing that works is by blowing everything away and using counters. No need to use priority effect based weapons when you have a magnum that ends any grunt in a few hits.

Flash grenades are amazing in this game. They are capable of setting up the majority of the J'avo for instant coup de graces. And enemies are weak to certain weapons, like how certain J'avo can be set up for coup de graces using acid rounds.

Magnums ended pretty much everything in a few hits in the other Resident Evil games, too. And pretty much everything is effective and useful in 6, especially if we're talking about mercenaries.
#13edward18Posted 8/16/2013 8:45:53 PM
Here's my latest experiment with G and NE-Alpha =)

http://warahi.deviantart.com/art/Nemesis-G-Type-G3-393832823
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#14Syn_VengeancePosted 8/17/2013 10:40:19 AM

The ones who blew themselves up with dynamite while not even bothering to toss the TNT away when you were 10 feet distant from them surely created some laugh worthy moments on my playthroughs especially when they ran into a crowd of their own men with lit dynamite on the underground mining level.

The ones who would walk up to you with an axe and then walk in a circle 3 times before attacking lol..
---
This is war, Survival is your responsibility.
#15Syn_VengeancePosted 8/17/2013 10:42:37 AM
DestinyKnot posted...

..or the ones who run right into the trip wires. XD

J.J. also killing hordes of Ganados also comes to mind. <.<

LOL this as well
---
#16ReceiverxWisdomPosted 8/17/2013 12:36:09 PM
Flash grenades are amazing in this game. They are capable of setting up the majority of the J'avo for instant coup de graces. And enemies are weak to certain weapons, like how certain J'avo can be set up for coup de graces using acid rounds.

Magnums ended pretty much everything in a few hits in the other Resident Evil games, too. And pretty much everything is effective and useful in 6, especially if we're talking about mercenaries.

They set up stuns surely and everything you said very well works in mercs but in the end I wasn't talking about how effective they were. I talked about their strategic effects on enemies that did more than stun properties in other RE games.

I know flashbangs one hit kill mesets and that's about it, the problem was I never came across these weapons when I needed them for an particular enemy in reference to the campaign :/ RE6 should've had more of these critical set ups with certain weapons to use that weakens down an enemy especially specially with the grenade launcher. That thing was a tactical juggernaut in the old days. In this game it just feels like crowd control...exactly like a shotgun for instance. I guess that can't be blamed on the game though since you're fighting more droves of enemies this time around still it's something I missed from the past.
---
"I'm the man you love to hate and I'm sure as hell not phased by you fakes."
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#17ReceiverxWisdomPosted 8/17/2013 12:40:52 PM
The ones who would walk up to you with an axe and then walk in a circle 3 times before attacking lol..

And to think the AI got even more dumb on multiple playthroughs like that one Zealot who blew himself up with an RPG just because I walked a little to the left of the entrance hall between me and him so he aimed for the nearby wall and turned himself into grape jelly intentionally.

Gotta love the brain dead nature of the AI sometimes.
---
"I'm the man you love to hate and I'm sure as hell not phased by you fakes."
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#18largerockPosted 8/17/2013 12:58:49 PM
The AI can be so dumb they become adorably cute.
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#19Syn_VengeancePosted 8/17/2013 2:01:21 PM

And to think the AI got even more dumb on multiple playthroughs like that one Zealot who blew himself up with an RPG just because I walked a little to the left of the entrance hall between me and him so he aimed for the nearby wall and turned himself into grape jelly intentionally.

Gotta love the brain dead nature of the AI sometimes.

The RPG guys were the worst, just let me stand behind something close enough to them and its free kills. This really shines on the water world merc stage.
---