More Survivors discussion! :D

#11sbn4Posted 8/26/2013 1:44:49 AM
^ Again, if you think about it, if an equally smart player who is using Piers is camping or "sneaking around" he still has the advantage as his rifle can kill off a headshot. Or he can sneak behind you, quick shot, and then headshot you with his rifle. Much less effort than EX Ada or Sherry.

Yeah, you can outsmart players with weaker characters, but it STILL doesn't make them better or good. Hell, I remember playing BS Jill all the time in Slayers in RE5. My friends would commend me on how well I hold my own with her against shotgun characters. But honestly, the only reason I ever really got away with kills with BS Jill was because the other player was weaker. When an equally skill, or even moderately skilled player was trying to kill me, I was dying more times than anything.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#12Keroro_2350Posted 8/26/2013 4:04:57 AM
In bigger maps like HSF or RFW,it is easy to detect where they are hiding and how to avoid them,though you can't kill a player with a crossbow but at least you know where they are and what they up to, snipers usually spread out and hide which you can sneak from another high place and blow their cover and let your teammates handle them. Besides, crossbow don't even blow your cover.

As for Helena Ex,her quickshot are strong enough and sometimes you are able to get away from Piers evil quickshot when she is performing her awesomely stunts with her Hydra. Snipers usually prefer to stay put at a location and run away when they take a shot or two so its safe to assume they won't sneak behind you.
#13HeatherloverPosted 8/26/2013 6:15:58 AM
my Carla is A with Shooting Wild shes a S with Firearm 3
---
"One should not die for his friends. He should live for them." >> Erza Scarlet
Playstation 1-3, PSP2000 Owner, currently playing RE Rev/DW8 :D
#14GiveMeSomeVodkaPosted 8/26/2013 6:56:06 AM
in response to snb4:

ah, true, as i've myself realized the contradiction of my post after i've reread it before posting.
however the case, i guess what i'm trying to say mostly is, every character has the potential to be a great character, given the time taken to hone their play style and skill of the player.
#15Keroro_2350Posted 8/26/2013 7:44:17 AM
Heatherlover posted...
my Carla is A with Shooting Wild shes a S with Firearm 3

Lol,Firearm 3 in survivors is cheating because it boost both your Shotgun and Sniper Riflle and does not remove your aim reticle and laser sight.
#16sbn4Posted 8/26/2013 9:17:59 PM
In bigger maps like HSF or RFW,it is easy to detect where they are hiding and how to avoid them,though you can't kill a player with a crossbow but at least you know where they are and what they up to, snipers usually spread out and hide which you can sneak from another high place and blow their cover and let your teammates handle them. Besides, crossbow don't even blow your cover.

In bigger maps, the tiers become even more apparent and the characters more unbalanced. It is very hard to get close to a good Piers, Carla, or EX Leon. Crossbow has far too many disadvantages. Its nice you don't show up on radar, but one advantage doesn't make up for all the disadvantages. And as Vodka mentioned, a smart player will always be aware of his surrounding and will listen for footsteps and such.

As for Helena Ex,her quickshot are strong enough and sometimes you are able to get away from Piers evil quickshot when she is performing her awesomely stunts with her Hydra. Snipers usually prefer to stay put at a location and run away when they take a shot or two so its safe to assume they won't sneak behind you.

I can never tell if Helena is invincible during those quick shots. I got hit with a hard knock down from her shotgun. I start aiming on the ground, and unloading as default Chris. She does her hydra quick shots, all my shots miss and she kills me. Either way, you are assuming too much. Not all Piers players will play like this. Piers is all around the best character because he excels at any range.

ah, true, as i've myself realized the contradiction of my post after i've reread it before posting.
however the case, i guess what i'm trying to say mostly is, every character has the potential to be a great character, given the time taken to hone their play style and skill of the player.

I know you know what you are doing as I've played with and against you on a few occasions. But you have to realize that ex Sherry is severely handicapped against most top tiers. Hell, I had a match where the entire opposing team picked default Piers. I was default Chris, and my two random partners were killed almost immediately. I hand grenade killed one Piers (so I didn't show on the radar), and then the other two just came and rifle canceled me to death. It was pretty lame, but even with a "braindead" character I stood no chance. I do agree that any character is usable if used properly. But I think EX Sherry with shooting wild is especially nice because she gets tons of grenades from crates. I remember going against three of my friends who were tryharding with the power weapons on top of picking top tier characters while I was with randoms. I was alone within 20 seconds of starting. I remember catching them with an flame and then fragmentation grenade. It killed two of them, and then my J'avo friends helped me kill the last guy. Good times. But even then, that is one game, and repeating that on a consistent basis is difficult.
---
#17UnfoolishPosted 8/28/2013 12:50:02 PM
sbn4 posted...
I hand grenade killed one Piers (so I didn't show on the radar), and then the other two just came and rifle canceled me to death. It was pretty lame, but even with a "braindead" character I stood no chance.

That is Piers on top of the bus in Urban Chaos, anywhere on Steel Beast, on the top floor of Creature Workshop, the second deck floor in High Seas Fortress....

Funny thing is everyone abused Agent's Lightning Hawk Magnum (7 bullets) when Survivors was released. Since he was nerfed...everyone resort to Piers and Sherry. Now if Piers and Sherry were nerfed, everyone will flock to Pirate Leon, Carla... so yes, the characters are tier based and heavily unbalanced in this versus mode. I would prefer characters start with handguns like RE5 Survivors then pick up power weapons like Shotgun, Sniper, Rocket Launcher, Grenade Launcher. AR in this game is OP so that should be a power weapon. By default every character would get a variety of 909 Handgun, Picador, Triple Shot, Wing Shooter, Ammo Box 50 from the start and maybe a variety of grenades then Stun Rod as usual for Sherry and RPD Helena.

Survivors in RE6 could have been better, it would've had more depth to it. Right now it's just braindead quickshots, ledge hopping iframes abuse, AR spam, Piers sniper camping. Running to the power weapons does not bother me, it's a race to it first so IMO that is fair like RE5 Survivors (the only BS in that is person finding the chest of First Aid Sprays).

Predator is almost balanced but the stupidest issues are only the iframes ledge hopping (Rail Yard hopping, Urban Chaos car sliding, HSF climbing) abuse that Ustanak can't do anything about, reviving your team mate there is no invincible frames to get up so Ustanak gets free double knockdowns to abuse, Carla/Leon rapid weapon Shotgun switching is rigging point system.

Seeing how imbalanced RE5 Versus was, you would think Capcom tried to balance the multiplayer modes in RE6. Nope, it got worse or just almost as bad. RE5 there was iframes abuse such as picking up ammo, picking up grenades from the chest. In Slayers, you find Wesker players killing Executioners/Bosses for point hogging because he had the magnums, double that in teams if his partner was Tribal Sheva with 1 hit arrow kills for combos. In Survivors you had to deal with small hitbox Jill with Incendiary Grenades to rapid weapon switch spam then proceed to be whistled at into Cartwheel kill then only to be shanked by the teabagging Jill player over your dead body before respawning, Battlesuit or BSAA, same damn character. Either way, if RE7 is released with a Versus mode, expect the same bad stuff again lol *smh at cheap exploits that are so abusive so why not use them to win?*
#18sbn4Posted 8/28/2013 3:44:00 PM
^ At least in RE5 versus, you take damage and gain points when they are in iframes. And when you leave the iframe, you can't immediately abuse it again, so you are pretty much dead unless lag is an issue.

You also forgot to mention weapon discarding as well. I generally stay away from Survivors in both games, but my friend really enjoys RE5 survivors, so I play with him. But we played against these two players who would discard weapons so we were stuck with nothing but primary weapons.

Proximity mines spawn killing is also lame. This is a big problem on EF.
---
#19UnfoolishPosted 8/28/2013 4:06:55 PM
sbn4 posted...
^ At least in RE5 versus, you take damage and gain points when they are in iframes. And when you leave the iframe, you can't immediately abuse it again, so you are pretty much dead unless lag is an issue.

You also forgot to mention weapon discarding as well. I generally stay away from Survivors in both games, but my friend really enjoys RE5 survivors, so I play with him. But we played against these two players who would discard weapons so we were stuck with nothing but primary weapons.

Proximity mines spawn killing is also lame. This is a big problem on EF.
That's also stupid the Proximity Bombs on the human player spawn points. Also, throwing the Incendiary Grenade at players at the spawn points. I like the QCT in the game since that dodges aiming but it can be cheap too. If you happen to play BS/BSAA Jill, abuse the side stepping to dodge shots, it's so stupid and cheap since her hitbox is small. She is like Piers, she sucks in Mercenaries but dominates Survivors.

With RE5 at least you had to aim to get your damage. In RE6 the quickshot auto corrects its aim for you and if done by a Chris/Sherry player into the stunlock infinite loop, that is absolutely braindead. Quickshots should be disabled in Survivors. Oh yeah get knocked down splat by Piers quickshot, yep stupid braindead since he can stunlock quickshot you with his MP-AF then weapon switch to the AMSR afterwards -____- stupid Piers!
#20sbn4Posted 8/28/2013 4:40:57 PM
I thought both Sheva and Jill had similarly small hitboxes. But I'm assuming Jill is more annoying since more people use her in Sheva (though Sheva isn't too far behind) in survivors. This is part of the reason why I don't bother with this mode. I like to play Chris and Jill, but Chris has a much bigger hitbox than everyone else, and Jill is so overused its almost sickening. If anything, I find BSAA Sheva just as annoying. She has a small hitbox, incindieary grenades, and a high capacity pistol. I personally think pistols are better than automatics in RE5 survivors.

And Jill doesn't suck in Mercenaries. She's actually the easiest character to use and as a Battlesuit Jill main, I have some pretty decent scores with her in solo and duo. She obviously can't compete with the Weskers and STARS Chris, but she's brain dead the hitbox on the double knee drop is silly.
---