Capcom going back to survival horror roots for RE7

#181Big_Boss1432Posted 8/28/2013 3:17:30 PM
GigerSupreme posted...
DarkD3stiny posted...
so I would say re4 and re6 have about the same atmosphere but re4 fans cant stand someone equalising another re game to re4 that arrived after re4. At this point theres no further reason for this debate to continue as we have both said our views and the best thing to do is to agree to dissagree as Ive made my point so thanks for the debate Giger.

there is not a chapter that dosent have a massive explosion in re6... compared to re4 which has many long stretches if quiet or personal encounters, the difference in tone is night and day.

If you have grenade and shoot canister, just as many explosions in re4
---
If this game wasn't gonna be sick; then I wouldn't be posting on this board, guy. Long story short.... THIS. GAME. IS. GONNA. BE. sick.
#182ZBug_Posted 8/29/2013 12:11:45 PM
SSJ_Jin posted...
If they follow The Last of Us they are going 100% in the wrong direction. That overrated game has nothing to do with survival horror or the roots of RE. REmake is the only direction that they can't go wrong with.

Revelations? It wasn't perfect, but it was the right direction.
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067
#183SSJ_JinPosted 8/29/2013 1:41:29 PM
ZBug_ posted...
SSJ_Jin posted...
If they follow The Last of Us they are going 100% in the wrong direction. That overrated game has nothing to do with survival horror or the roots of RE. REmake is the only direction that they can't go wrong with.

Revelations? It wasn't perfect, but it was the right direction.

Just seems like a slowed down RE5 to me.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#184MiLO_zzPosted 8/29/2013 1:55:54 PM
Last of Us isn't survival horror, it is creepy at times but not scary. It's an adventure first of all, with elements of spookiness. How the heck Capcom is putting 2 and 2 together by aiming at LoU formula and going back to horror roots? First they aimed at Call of Duty, Gears of War and just about any other successful 3rd person shooter out there, and now they are aiming at Last of Us cause it's doing so good at the box office, and apparently it's true survival horror. No it aint. Last of Us isn't successful because it's a true survival horror that everybody wants, but because they are consistent with their game, they know what kind of story they are trying to tell, and not please everyone with flashy explosions. Capcom is so full of it. They've been saying this crap about RE6, that they are going back to survival horror roots, but what did they really want to make? - A cool cinematic being on game that everyone wants to play. They are just being money whores and implementing ideas from any other movie or game that's commercially successful.

Capcom says they will reevaluate their inner management, reevaluate what makes a good Resident Evil game, I call bs on that. All they will want to do is come up with another roller coaster for big buck. It's getting more and more ridiculous with each new entry to the point where the games will soon be on the same level of ridiculous as the film adaptations.
#185edward18Posted 9/2/2013 11:13:40 PM
Well I was suspended for a week for a little "violent" thing I said on page 13. Basically I'd just woken up and Goldsickle isn't really the best thing to wake up to. So put two and two together.

In that time (after remembering how someone described what Goldsickle would be like in a cartoon of this board if there was one), I made up my own version of Goldsickle for those that wanna see =) He will be appearing in my comics starting Season 3: http://warahi.deviantart.com/art/Lord-Gold-of-the-House-of-Sickle-396267002

Anyhow, here's the post with the "violent" part taken out:

---

He never gave me any "constructive criticism".

Yes I did. I was saying that you should branch out instead of drawing the same crap over and over. You have potential, but you just waste it with little girl creepiness almost all the time.

He simply said things like "your art sucks",

Incorrect.

in an attempt to piss me off.

I don't need to insult you for that to happen obviously.

I suspect that he's trying to get revenge on me because he blames me for putting him in depression, which rubbed off on two of his artwork submissions.

Oh I would love it if you got banned.

But don't hold yourself so high. I've been depressed all my life buddy. You're hardly part of that issue.

Regardless, that is no excuse for the crap you pulled with.

He wouldn't stop calling me out on my questionable artworks

Which you still have yet to tell me how I called you out on anything or what exactly that means.

and by chance, I find out that his own gallery was no different, featuring under aged girls in naked and sexual situations.

Which is a lie. Other than the occassional (ugh) Miko, who has there been?

While some people might find my stuff disagreeable, the ones Ed does are downright violations of deviantART policy and he has no one else but himself to blame for their deletion.

Incorrect. I have you to blame because you specifically go on that site to get my stuff taken down. You try to find a way to hurt me because of some little constructive criticism I gave to you. Because I don't like what you do. And that's why you always try to hurt others. Because they don't see things the same way you do. That's why I view you as evil.

Now you've listened to my side.
That Luddite can stop playing the victim.

And again he misuses the word. I'm the one that is the damn victim to begin with. I'm surprised your trying to use the sympathy card with your attitude.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#186GigerSupremePosted 9/3/2013 1:32:11 AM
Big_Boss1432 posted...
GigerSupreme posted...
DarkD3stiny posted...
so I would say re4 and re6 have about the same atmosphere but re4 fans cant stand someone equalising another re game to re4 that arrived after re4. At this point theres no further reason for this debate to continue as we have both said our views and the best thing to do is to agree to dissagree as Ive made my point so thanks for the debate Giger.

there is not a chapter that dosent have a massive explosion in re6... compared to re4 which has many long stretches if quiet or personal encounters, the difference in tone is night and day.

If you have grenade and shoot canister, just as many explosions in re4

a grenade or blowing up a red barrel isnt the same as blowing up a goddamn city.

re6 blows up 3 cities... nondescript generic eastern europe setting, generic chinese city and washington DC.

re6 throws too much out there and too much action without giving the user to connect with the situation at hand. it becomes numbing and sometimes comical by how much crap happens and blows up in re6 to the point the suspension of disbelief is long shattered and no one cares anymore... which is saying alot for resident evil.
#187GigerSupremePosted 9/3/2013 1:36:00 AM
edward18 posted...
Well I was suspended for a week for a little "violent" thing I said on page 13. Basically I'd just woken up and Goldsickle isn't really the best thing to wake up to. So put two and two together.

In that time (after remembering how someone described what Goldsickle would be like in a cartoon of this board if there was one), I made up my own version of Goldsickle for those that wanna see =) He will be appearing in my comics starting Season 3: http://warahi.deviantart.com/art/Lord-Gold-of-the-House-of-Sickle-396267002

Anyhow, here's the post with the "violent" part taken out:

---

He never gave me any "constructive criticism".

Yes I did. I was saying that you should branch out instead of drawing the same crap over and over. You have potential, but you just waste it with little girl creepiness almost all the time.

He simply said things like "your art sucks",

Incorrect.

in an attempt to piss me off.

I don't need to insult you for that to happen obviously.

I suspect that he's trying to get revenge on me because he blames me for putting him in depression, which rubbed off on two of his artwork submissions.

Oh I would love it if you got banned.

But don't hold yourself so high. I've been depressed all my life buddy. You're hardly part of that issue.

Regardless, that is no excuse for the crap you pulled with.

He wouldn't stop calling me out on my questionable artworks

Which you still have yet to tell me how I called you out on anything or what exactly that means.

and by chance, I find out that his own gallery was no different, featuring under aged girls in naked and sexual situations.

Which is a lie. Other than the occassional (ugh) Miko, who has there been?

While some people might find my stuff disagreeable, the ones Ed does are downright violations of deviantART policy and he has no one else but himself to blame for their deletion.

Incorrect. I have you to blame because you specifically go on that site to get my stuff taken down. You try to find a way to hurt me because of some little constructive criticism I gave to you. Because I don't like what you do. And that's why you always try to hurt others. Because they don't see things the same way you do. That's why I view you as evil.

Now you've listened to my side.
That Luddite can stop playing the victim.

And again he misuses the word. I'm the one that is the damn victim to begin with. I'm surprised your trying to use the sympathy card with your attitude.

stop caring what Rene has to say. its clear he is insane and dosent know squat about good games. i mean he likes re6 for some reason... re6 is a detestable game (except for the mercs mode which ill admit kinda fun, if sparse.)

i mean if he had it his way all games would be the same grey generic bland mass. who care what he has to say. he is wrong on pretty much everything.
#188GigerSupremePosted 9/3/2013 1:42:06 AM
im not gona rag on goldsickle's artistic abilities, regardless if his tastes are deplorable and ... well... very inappropriate. (seriously dude, stop it... its wrong)

it does express a gross limitation on Rene/goldsickle's understanding of... well everything.
fact is he sees nothing wrong with his... tastes...is a clear indicator you cannot take this animal seriously.
#189XxAxem_BlackxXPosted 9/3/2013 2:21:14 AM
Goldsickle's name is Rene? Why do you have a chick's name bro? lol
---
www.morbid-obsession.com
#190XxAxem_BlackxXPosted 9/3/2013 2:29:02 AM
MiLO_zz posted...
Last of Us isn't survival horror, it is creepy at times but not scary.

TLOU does almost everything a survival horror game would do but it's just not really creepy because it's an action adventure game. It has some major things in common with traditional horror games though like being single player, not being super action heavy and having limited supplies. I don't think using that game as an inspiration would be a bad thing as long as they don't outright rip it off.
---
www.morbid-obsession.com