Skipping Veteran and going to Professional but refuse No Hope without Breakout

#1Josh2000Posted 8/26/2013 7:04:48 PM
So I got this again to clear up trophies and try for another platinum. Finished it on normal, I will skip Veteran and go straight to Professional. . .but I think I may not even try No Hope. I can understand No Hope restricting the use of skills. . . but the reason I refuse to attempt it because even on Amateur some of the QTE's are impossible without the breakout skill. If I could complain about just ONE thing, the button tapping **** really needs to go, and I speak for all games on that note. And to not sound like I am complaining about sucking at it, but it is also a consumer complaint because every single controller I have ever bought brand new, even my precious 55-60 dollar dual shock 3 controllers, buttons quit working on them or get stuck down because of games like this, that make me repetitively tap them really fast and hard. So I am also speaking as a consumer on that note, I would really not like to ruin anymore 60 dollar controllers, it gets expensive after a while.

So if I can't use breakout, am simply not playing No Hope difficulty. I also wish more people would realize this and developers maybe lay off on it a bit in games, because your game product is not worth costing me more in accessories that are going to break in the process.
#2Matty0289Posted 8/26/2013 8:03:31 PM
I've had the same PS3 controller since I bought it seperately from my first PS2 Backwards compatible Fat PS3.. No problems with it. And I play games that have alot of QTE, and spent hundreds of hours on RE5, and quite a few on RE6.

2 suggestions. (All falls into one actually)

Go to Walmart.
But a $40 controller.

Problem solved. =-)

Besides, you don't really have to MASH MASH MASH buttons on this game. And the areas you do, you must press it TOO hard when you're pressing it fast if you've went through numerous controls.
---
Many humans possess little or no sense of obligation at all. And many are entirely willing to trample their fellow man for personal gain.
-Wolf
#3Josh2000(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2013 8:38:46 PM
Well I wish I had your controller. But I've had 3 different off brand controllers, and 2 Sony brand dual shock 3 controllers where buttons have either stopped working or just stuck down. I mean I do also admit I suck at the button tapping, I don't have the reflexes for it. It isn't the quick action TAP THIS NOW that pisses me off, just the fact that I can't tap x or square fast enough repetitively, and it has also costed me controllers.

It really isn't bad with the breakout skill, but it is ridiculous without it. That is the ONLY reason why I don't even want to try New Hope Difficulty. . . all I can say is thank god that was added later and isn't required to platinum this. I mean I can master difficulty. I've platinum'ed all 3 Uncharted games and Bioshock Infinite. I can beat this using minimal to no herbs/sprays and limited ammo. . . it is simply the button tapping crap that I just can't get past. I really think games can do without it. My skill should not be based on how fast I can tap a damn button.
#4kalibre16Posted 8/27/2013 7:27:54 AM
UM.....I Don't know if you are aware but they added a patch that allows you to remove the QTE's (personally I have never used it but its there)

Also since January I believe they made several of the QTE's MUCH easier even on No Hope, In fact I remember not even being able to do the Simmons one no matter what I did to just tapping it and it still going through
---
---
"A good essay is like a mini skirt its long enough to cover all the important stuff but still short enough to keep you interested"---
#5goku4ever03Posted 8/27/2013 8:07:24 AM
What that option does is remove the QTEs that lead to instant death if you miss them. They are still there, but if you miss them they are automatically executed for you. QTEs of enemies grabbing and damaging you are still there, which can lead to huge if not all your health being lost if you're grabbed by a zombie, zombie dog, Whopper, Lepotista (sp) or a couple of the different J'avo mutations and most Chrysalid-hatched BOWs.
---
The ultimate woman is a man - House
#6Josh2000(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 5:25:21 PM
I haven't noticed the QTE difference without breakout yet, but it has been since launch since I last played previous to this, nor was I aware of this patch. I'm playing Jake's campaign at the moment on professional and flying through chapter 1 with just 1 health block not taking a hit other than that heli in the beginning. So perhaps I may give No Hope a try after getting the professional trophy, I'm just afraid of the only thing stopping me from completing it will be the no usage of breakout, but well see.
#7Matty0289Posted 8/27/2013 9:38:00 PM
You should add me if you decide to go for No Hope. I don't "stock up" on Ammo & Healing items ahead of time like many people do. I actually enjoy the challenge.
I'm assuming you have PSN?, but there's always that chance you don't. =-P
---
Many humans possess little or no sense of obligation at all. And many are entirely willing to trample their fellow man for personal gain.
-Wolf
#8UnfoolishPosted 8/28/2013 12:54:58 PM
I played a couple of chapters on No Hope difficulty. I think what helps if you were a Mercenaries addict with counters, the QTE prompts become easy but of course enemies have more HP in campaign so you may have to do it twice or shoot them then counter. Saving ammo helps tremendously since counters does not cost you anything. If you are used to zombies slaps, grabbing, leaping then it should be easy without the QTE prompts, the same as J'avos trying to slash you. It's how I got through the first 3 chapters of Leon's campaign. I got bored of it immediately since there is no real reward for doing No Hope, I mean if there was a Gold trophy then yeah I would do it or another character unlock, yes. But only to find out a Dog Tag title with 4 stars Dare to Hope....I think not!
#9kalibre16Posted 8/28/2013 1:32:10 PM
Unfoolish posted...
I got bored of it immediately since there is no real reward for doing No Hope, I mean if there was a Gold trophy then yeah I would do it or another character unlock, yes. But only to find out a Dog Tag title with 4 stars Dare to Hope....I think not!

I wonder sometimes if I'm the only one who still plays games just for the hell of it I don't remember the lack of trophies stopping anyone from playing "Dante Must Die" or very hard of any game during the previous generations
---
---
"A good essay is like a mini skirt its long enough to cover all the important stuff but still short enough to keep you interested"---
#10UnfoolishPosted 8/28/2013 3:57:08 PM
kalibre16 posted...
Unfoolish posted...
-

I wonder sometimes if I'm the only one who still plays games just for the hell of it I don't remember the lack of trophies stopping anyone from playing "Dante Must Die" or very hard of any game during the previous generations
---
The real problem is the lack of incentive to play it on No Hope. Had the No Hope been the 'Professional' difficulty in RE6 would be a different story. It's basically RE5 on Professional which was very difficult without Infinite Ammo plus First Aid Spray won't save your partner in time since resuscitation is the better method. RE6 Campaign is not the best one either as we all know this already so the replay value is little. RE5 had alternate costumes for story mode which gave it replay value. I have not even played RE6 campaign, I just don't find it fun having to go through all the vehicle chase scenes, go through Simmons, Haos..... seriously it's terrible by design. Really... what is the point of No Hope... what is your real reward? Dog Tag title... that's terrible, such a disappointment. You'd expect an awesome unlock maybe another character, alternate costumes for campaign use, maybe a Rocket Launcher *smh* or even for trophy hunters, a Gold Trophy for completing it.

Revelations is real fun, the Raid Mode has lots of replay value. You can use the alternate costumes in the campaign. Infernal difficulty was challenging. Revelations is the better game. RE6 does not have this, the campaign is bogus. I can only say that RE6 Mercenaries is great and the multiplayer versus Predator, Survivors, Siege can be fun despite its imbalanced flaws. Onslaught gets boring but I wish it was Co-Op similar to Raid Mode but dealing with hordes together, that would have made it better similar to Slayers in RE5. Since RE6 failed financially, we'll never get to see additional story mode DLC... like Jake's ending in middle east would've been a DLC mission, even prequel to Ada's involvement like why is she being chased? I would like to see something with Helena too. Claire is mentioned but where is an involvement with her during this global chaos? How the hell Jill is not mentioned at all in this game? Sheva gets a mention in the files but that would be cool if she had a scene by interaction. Seriously, RE5 did so well that we got Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Escape as DLC. It just seems that RE6 was tossed away... thanks to the critical negative reviews, the game lost its momentum.

Yeah yeah patches made it better now but... damage has been done sadly.