Skipping Veteran and going to Professional but refuse No Hope without Breakout

#11KryptoPyro13Posted 8/28/2013 5:14:29 PM
I did Professional without Breakout (or any skills other than the basic defense and critical ones since I'm using my points to get the level up trophy) and it wasn't bad.
---
"I expected disappointment. In that regard, I was not disappointed."
Official Husband of Gregor of the FE:A boards.
#12Josh2000(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 5:58:59 PM
I'm not quite sure I'm even going to finish Professional. I was doing just awesome in Jake's campaign up until the point (right after where you have to distract the Ustanak with the remote bombs so Sherry can grab the key) got to where your running through the sets of hallways and the doors you have to turn the joystick to open. I just can't rotate the joystick fast enough on that last door and I'm using breakout. I've died 10 times failing and don't seem to be getting any faster at it. . .

My only problem with coop is I don't have a mic, and I take frequent brakes rather because someones yelling at me to do something or to go outside and smoke.
#13Josh2000(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 6:30:53 PM(edited)
OMG, I finally did it. Don't think I'll be getting an S or A rank for this chapter but Carrying on.

Also, if all you get is a dog tag and no trophy (I assumed there would be a trophy) for No Hope then screw that. I plan on waiting for revelations to drop to $20 before I get it. I played it on the 3DS back when I had one, I ended up selling my DS before finishing it. I do want to get it again. I'm sure PSN will eventually have some special price drop deal for it eventually, otherwise waiting for it to hit $20.
#14skermacPosted 8/28/2013 6:49:30 PM
Why does everyone expect something? It is same for anyone to say they will not play No Hope because there is no trophy. What did you people do when games have no trophies all? Oh wait that was before your time, and if not then you are casual gamers that hate doing things for the challenge or the fun of it.

I played on No Hope as a personal challenge knowing I would get nothing but a dog tag. I did not damage my controller at all. Did I die many times and not think I could beat some chapters? Yes, but I kept at it and in the end I felt great satisfaction at beating it. I'm sure a lot of you felt the same way.

The whiners are just casual gamers that probably complain that lots of games are too hard. Put in some effort people! You don't need anything except a good feeling at the end like a lot of us felt in the PS2 and before days.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#15Josh2000(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 8:14:50 PM
skermac posted...
Why does everyone expect something? It is same for anyone to say they will not play No Hope because there is no trophy. What did you people do when games have no trophies all? Oh wait that was before your time, and if not then you are casual gamers that hate doing things for the challenge or the fun of it.

I played on No Hope as a personal challenge knowing I would get nothing but a dog tag. I did not damage my controller at all. Did I die many times and not think I could beat some chapters? Yes, but I kept at it and in the end I felt great satisfaction at beating it. I'm sure a lot of you felt the same way.

The whiners are just casual gamers that probably complain that lots of games are too hard. Put in some effort people! You don't need anything except a good feeling at the end like a lot of us felt in the PS2 and before days.

Actually I am 26 or 27 now (my memory isn't very good I had a nice 8 year every day run with drugs and alcohol, still kind of simmering down) I was born in 87. Back in the day I never did play on the hardest difficultly because I simply had lack of patients. Now a days, I have played enough of them to be able to achieve most harder difficulties and do like the challenge now vs then. If I am whining then what I am whining about the ONLY difficult part for me being SOME of the *** damn QCE's. . . I mean think about it, the challenge here ISN'T worrying about dying (Hell I don't use herbs, because when I die I will restart the checkpoint with full health, and just do it better) or conserving ammo, but the only blocker being rather or not I have the reflexes to rotate the joystick fast enough is ridiculous, and this **** didn't exist back in my gaming day. This was not the roots of or a great f'ing idea back on the NES/SNES/N64 days. I mean the quick, hit this now is cool in a way (well no its not really) but that isn't what stops or causes me 10+ death frustration. . .

Also I do enjoy the trophy achievement system and I do believe should be a standard as it is now in all future games. . . it gives you a sense of self accomplishment, plus if anyone cares enough they can see your accomplishment as well. The trophy/achievement system is great. My first system was one of the Atari's and my first computer was an old 80's Apple that used those 5 inch paper thin floppy discs.
#16LucarioFan4EverPosted 8/29/2013 4:40:45 AM
You don't get anything from beating No Hope other than the satisfaction of doing so.(That feels so good,by them way).So you don't need to do it for a platinum
---
"WHAT IS THIS?!?!WHAT IS MY LIFE?!?!?" Arin Hanson
#17ArchiantagonistPosted 8/29/2013 6:12:26 AM
No Hope is like the only difficulty that is worth playing IMO

I always felt infuriated how other difficulties replenish your health every time chars die
I mean, what's the point of healing then!? You can just get to the checkpoint, die and go on.
+
If you never liked all that skills system, on No Hope you never have to bother with that at all
+
It's the only difficulty level that is at least mildly challenging
---
--------------------x_0--------------------
#18skermacPosted 8/29/2013 7:46:50 AM
Josh2000 posted...
skermac posted...

Actually I am 26 or 27 now (my memory isn't very good I had a nice 8 year every day run with drugs and alcohol, still kind of simmering down) I was born in 87. Back in the day I never did play on the hardest difficultly because I simply had lack of patients. Now a days, I have played enough of them to be able to achieve most harder difficulties and do like the challenge now vs then. If I am whining then what I am whining about the ONLY difficult part for me being SOME of the *** damn QCE's. . . I mean think about it, the challenge here ISN'T worrying about dying (Hell I don't use herbs, because when I die I will restart the checkpoint with full health, and just do it better) or conserving ammo, but the only blocker being rather or not I have the reflexes to rotate the joystick fast enough is ridiculous, and this **** didn't exist back in my gaming day. This was not the roots of or a great f'ing idea back on the NES/SNES/N64 days. I mean the quick, hit this now is cool in a way (well no its not really) but that isn't what stops or causes me 10+ death frustration. . .

Also I do enjoy the trophy achievement system and I do believe should be a standard as it is now in all future games. . . it gives you a sense of self accomplishment, plus if anyone cares enough they can see your accomplishment as well. The trophy/achievement system is great. My first system was one of the Atari's and my first computer was an old 80's Apple that used those 5 inch paper thin floppy discs.

The qte's are no different on No Hope than on easy. I've played all difficulties. No abuse to the controller at all. I rotated the the joystick, quickly at times, but didn't need to go all crazy. I had no problems.

Trophies are good but not the main reason to play the game. Check this out. I got almost all trophies without even trying, I didn't even know I was getting trophies until the box popped up telling me I got one.

But it's ellusive these days. After I got platinum they came out with dlc. I kept my platinum, but my trophies dropped from 100% to 70 %. Did I go back and do all the new dlc stuff to get my trophies back up to 100%? NO way! I already have the platinum and don't need 100% trophies, now I play for fun with only 70% trophies and a platinum. I don't even like most of the dlc and don't play it all.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#19ZBug_Posted 8/29/2013 11:45:53 AM
kalibre16 posted...
Unfoolish posted...
I got bored of it immediately since there is no real reward for doing No Hope, I mean if there was a Gold trophy then yeah I would do it or another character unlock, yes. But only to find out a Dog Tag title with 4 stars Dare to Hope....I think not!

I wonder sometimes if I'm the only one who still plays games just for the hell of it I don't remember the lack of trophies stopping anyone from playing "Dante Must Die" or very hard of any game during the previous generations
---

Don't worry, I'm with you on that. I did Professional my two (did each campaign once with each character) playthroughs just to make sure it was challenging, then I went through it again on No Hope, without the using New Game+ features.
I was definitely atrociously hard, but very satisfying at the end. I had to restart checkpoints an uncountable number of times >.>
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067
#20evil99019Posted 8/30/2013 1:56:49 PM
just do the last section of each chapter. wasn't there a topic that talked about how to cheat it the lazy way?
---
ChristDefiled87 on DeviantArt is my hero
[NGS-MN,NG2-MN,NGS2-MN].