I'm beginning to like Jake.... >.>

#1sbn4Posted 8/28/2013 12:29:26 PM
Yeah, he's still a douchebag with cornball one liners. But I'm trying to beat his campaign on professional. I picked him for once over Sherry, and he's easily more fun to play in comparison to Sherry IMO. Campaign is still complete crap, and that ending theme during the credits makes him a very relatable character actually.

So... Jake is not a bad cookie.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#2UnfoolishPosted 8/28/2013 1:30:04 PM
Jake is voiced by actor Troy Baker. If you know the famous characters that are voice by Troy Baker, you'll end up liking Jake anyway lol. Voices done by Troy Baker is the lead from Bioshock Infinite, Joel from The Last of Us, Male Voice 1 in Saints Row The Third, Two-Face Harvey Dent in Arkham City... the list goes on!
#3ArchiantagonistPosted 8/28/2013 2:33:07 PM
sbn4 posted...
I picked him for once over Sherry, and he's easily more fun to play in comparison to Sherry IMO.

I was saying this from the very start.

Campaign is still complete crap

Still strongly disagree with this statement.
What you people call focus, I call boredom and what you call the lack of focus, I call diversity.

Yeah, he's still a douchebag with cornball one liners.

Can't argue with this. He's indeed nothing but a pathetic worm, right next to his father
---
--------------------x_0--------------------
#4sbn4(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 4:16:10 PM
Troy Baker is indeed talented. Actually his portrayal as Nova in UMVC3 is similar to Jake in this game. Same tone and everything. I actually don't find Jake to be all that good in this game. The terrible lines make him kind of unbearable even with Troy behind him

Can't argue with this. He's indeed nothing but a pathetic worm, right next to his father

I'm not fond of Wesker, but DC Douglass did a great job with him in RE5. That's the only thing I like about Wesker. And as for Jake, I find that going based on his ending theme song, he actually has a bit more depth than given credit for. He still comes off really unlikable, but he at least grows if we were to use that as an indication.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#5cyan1001Posted 8/28/2013 4:20:28 PM
Jake sucks
#6largerockPosted 8/29/2013 8:11:57 AM
Troy Baker and his hand to hand moves are the ONLY good things about him. Other than that he is horrid.
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#7MiLO_zzPosted 8/29/2013 2:03:51 PM
Jake is a great character, I just don't like some of his WWE finishing moves - was this also done by Capcom to allude to a younger teenage audience to think wrestling is kewl?
Other than that I thoroughly enjoyed their stroy with Sherry from start to finish and voice actor did an excellent job.
#8PLASTIC_MARTYRPosted 8/29/2013 2:51:29 PM
Haters are going to hate. In the entire series there has not been a single character I disliked "just cause" not even the villains. I love Jake and Piers and thought they were awesome in RE6.
---
3DS friend code - 3239-2774-3892
#9TurduckenPosted 8/29/2013 8:27:59 PM
I still can't do his farting move consistently.
---
THE FIGHT WILL CONTINUE, AS LONG AS THE AMERICA INSIDE MY HEART IS STILL ALIVE
#10VioletSystemsPosted 8/31/2013 1:45:49 PM
shame on you
---
LARSLARSLARSLARSLARSLARS LARSLARSLARSLARSLARSLARSLARSLARSLARSLARS LARSLARSLARSLARSLARSLARSLARSLARS LARSLARSLARSLARSLARSLARSLARSLARSLARS LARSLARSLARSLARSLARSLARS