What do you want in Resident Evil 7?

#1PhoenixeaterPosted 9/1/2013 8:25:38 PM
Gameplay changes? More weapons? Returning characters? Smarter enemies? What do you all want in RE7 if Capcom chooses to make it?

If there's already a topic similar to this and it's then a couple of days, I'll quickly close it.
#2FearOfTheLightPosted 9/1/2013 9:12:22 PM
1. Real Zombies.
2. Much more creative and menacing B.O.Ws
3. Only 1-2 playable protagonists.
4. Co-op to be separate.
5. Mercenaries with actual vanilla game content
6. Respectable amount of replayability.
7. Less QTEs, more challenging puzzles.
8. Coherent plot line with a fair amount of twists

Is this too much to ask for Capcom?!
---
---
"When I'm walking a dark road, I am a man who walks alone" - Iron Maiden
#3rito1995Posted 9/1/2013 10:01:04 PM
FearOfTheLight posted...
1. Real Zombies.
4. Co-op to be separate.

---

They ran out of ideas, OK :D ? I want jill and claire to work together , Capcom can at least do that .
#4cyan1001Posted 9/1/2013 10:21:21 PM
Claire and Jill
#5NorseLeavesPosted 9/1/2013 10:21:26 PM
FearOfTheLight posted...
1. Real Zombies.
4. Co-op to be separate.

---

not to troll or anything...its just your definition of real zombies sounds vague...
what do you mean real zombies? you mean non-virus induced zombies? like those from voodoo legends? or romero's zombies? there are tons of zombie movies and each has its own type of zombies.
the only thing in common is they feed on live people...except zombies from the voodoo legend. but yeah...I would love 1-2 playable protagonists in 7.
---
Hao Qi Lai Lai Mei Gu Nyan,Nyan Nyan Nyan Nyan Ni Hao Nyan
Gorgeous, Delicious, Deculture! Oishii Nyan!
#6siberian142Posted 9/1/2013 10:35:41 PM(edited)
What do you mean with number 5?

- Atmosphere. Make it scary, make it have tension. Take the guns away from the enemies, do not let them speak. Make them menacing, faceless abominations that do not need a reason to kill you.
- Better villains. 6 occurs because Simmons was rejected by Ada so he makes his own. Wesker in 5, Excella, Irving, Salazar, and Saddler are jokes.
- A better plot. See above.
- Let other characters have a chance, there's more to this series than just Chris / Jill / Leon. Allow characters like Ada, Rebecca, Claire, etc have the role of protagonist or major supporting character. I mention Ada because she and Leon are attached to the hip. Even when the game is about her, her campaign is still all about helping behind the scenes and cleaning up. Give her her own game that Leon is not in.
- In addition to the above, I would like to see characters interacting with characters outside of their circle. RE6 is a good start.
- Remove the vast majority of QTEs.
- Vehicle sections. Get rid of them.
- One campaign that's extremely polished.
- Better variety of weapons that are more unique.
- Give the player more freedom. Advance the plot slower, work on building tension and suspense.
- For them to better support Mercenaries. I am surprised this isn't already a thing, Capcom could easily make a ton of money by making DLC characters and costumes.
#7Phoenixeater(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2013 10:52:25 PM
-Inventory and health gauge should be like RE4.
-The stamina gauge should have more of a negative effect on the character when it get too low like reduced accuracy, slower movement, and even have him/her abruptly stop to catch his/her breath.
-No melee attacks unless the enemy is stunned like RE4 and 5. The name of the attack is also shown.
#8ArchiantagonistPosted 9/2/2013 12:22:48 AM
siberian142 posted...
- Atmosphere. Make it scary, make it have tension. Take the guns away from the enemies, do not let them speak. Make them menacing, faceless abominations that do not need a reason to kill you.
- Better villains. 6 occurs because Simmons was rejected by Ada so he makes his own. Wesker in 5, Excella, Irving, Salazar, and Saddler are jokes.
- A better plot. See above.

+1
---
--------------------x_0--------------------
#9saleonkennedyPosted 9/2/2013 12:23:48 AM
Leon and ada making love. Thats about it. If you cant do that, then further their storyline.

I would like a more tense feeling when playing the game. Make the game scarier somehow
---
Not changing this sig until Leon Kennedy is in a fighting game. Started 7/14/2013
#10skermacPosted 9/2/2013 5:46:42 AM
Ada, Sherry, Leon, Jill, anything else is gravy. Oh wait, I want Rebecca Chambers too!
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive