Why Rebecca should come back to the series

#1TheSkinniMini1Posted 9/2/2013 7:41:39 PM
I was responding to another thread, but then i thought I should discuss this character with you all. I didn't know if I should post this here, but I figured why not, there's no general re discussion on this site.

I really want to see Rebecca Chambers back for many reasons. For one, she is the only female from the first two games to not have been aged and has been stuck in 1998 as an 18 yr old since 2002 (her last canon appearance was re zero). I want to see how much she as grown as a person and she what kind of job they give her.

I know some ppl give that same old "she has no reason to come back" speech but its not true, she actually does imo.

This girl has more potential than any other character in this series. You all seem to forget that Rebecca is the ONLY good scientific genius in this series. The rest (Wesker, Birkin, Alexia, Excella, Alfred, Carla, and possibly Alex W) are all evil. There is so much for her to contribute to the story it hurts. She could be responsible for the cure for the C-Virus along with other viruses as well as run her own pharmaceutical company and thus become a threat for Neo-Umbrella.

They could even make her a villian at some point (to fit with the whole all geniuses are evil) and a possible threat to the world by making her own B.O.Ws. The thing is all the good stuff above would be true to her character and the good and bad stuff would be true to her biochemistry background (the good and bad stuff). They wouldnt have to come up with something ridicious like making her a government or a BSAA agent. If Capcom would give her a chance, she could be something special.

I'm just saying they have things to work with to bring her back successfully.
---
---
I eat, live and breath video games. Nah, I'm just joking, but I am a huge fan. Twitter: @TheSkinniMini1. I follow back of course :-)
#2edward18Posted 9/2/2013 11:01:02 PM
Anyone has a reason to come back if they do.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#3GigerSupremePosted 9/3/2013 2:40:09 AM
but Rebecca died though...

in the supplemental material its revealed she was in raccoon city when it was bombed to ash.

bring back Barry Burton... he is still alive you know and he rescued jill in re3.

even better, bring back Claire... she is the most developed character in the series.
#4siberian142Posted 9/3/2013 5:39:57 AM
GigerSupreme posted...

in the supplemental material its revealed she was in raccoon city when it was bombed to ash.

She was confirmed alive in RE5, where she is listed as a survivor in one of the files.
#5TheSkinniMini1(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 9:53:27 AM
GigerSupreme posted...

bring back Barry Burton... he is still alive you know and he rescued jill in re3.

even better, bring back Claire... she is the most developed character in the series.

Nope. Like siberian said, according to RE5 she is still alive and kicking. Do you just not want to see her or something?

They can bring back Barry, but I think he should have a role similar to that of O'Brien in Revelations. Have him has the weapons expert for the BSAA. (Why isn't he in it anyway?)

I like Claire, but the most developed character in this series? Sorry man I'm going to vote no on that one. Whether you like these characters or not, Steve, Billy(to an extent) Sheva, Excella (a villian), Helena, Piers, Sherry (re6), and esp Jake are all more developed than Claire is. You can contribute it to them appearing when the writers actually start to give a damn, but it doesnt change the fact that they are. At least the writers decided to give us extensive details about their past so that we know what they were like before their first appearance. Besides knowing she was a college student, motorcycle pover, and Chris' sister, what else do we know about Claire before re2? What was she going to school for, why does she love motorcycles so much, why wasn't she ever mentioned by Chris in the mansion (ReMake could have done it so don't say her existance wasn't known in re1).

Besides this thread is not about Barry, Claire, or anyone else. It's about Rebecca reappearing in the series and why you think she should (or shouldn't) so please stay on topic. I say she should, she's a genius and those seem to always play a large part in the story, so why can't she?
---
---
I eat, live and breath video games. Nah, I'm just joking, but I am a huge fan. Twitter: @TheSkinniMini1. I follow back of course :-)
#6edward18Posted 9/3/2013 10:10:24 AM
Any of the side characters have more character development than the main ones. Claire just has the most of the main 4.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#7GigerSupremePosted 9/3/2013 10:10:25 AM
TheSkinniMini1 posted...
GigerSupreme posted...

Nope. Like siberian said, according to RE5 she is still alive and kicking. Do you just not want to see her or something?

They can bring back Barry, but I think he should have a role similar to that of O'Brien in Revelations. Have him has the weapons expert for the BSAA. (Why isn't he in it anyway?)

I like Claire, but the most developed character in this series? Sorry man I'm going to vote no on that one. Whether you like these characters or not, Steve, Billy(to an extent) Sheva, Excella (a villian), Helena, Piers, Sherry (re6), and esp Jake are all more developed than Claire is. You can contribute it to them appearing when the writers actually start to give a damn, but it doesnt change the fact that they are. At least the writers decided to give us extensive details about their past so that we know what they were like before their first appearance. Besides knowing she was a college student, motorcycle pover, and Chris' sister, what else do we know about Claire before re2? What was she going to school for, why does she love motorcycles so much, why wasn't she ever mentioned by Chris in the mansion (ReMake could have done it so don't say her existance wasn't known in re1).

Besides this thread is not about Barry, Claire, or anyone else. It's about Rebecca reappearing in the series and why you think she should (or shouldn't) so please stay on topic. I say she should, she's a genius and those seem to always play a large part in the story, so why can't she?
---

i dont buy this for a second
Claire has had 2 games and was featured in one of the cg movies... thats 3 whole charcater arcs she has gone through.

in re2, she starts as a loner biker chick who develops a bond with little sherry. she is a tough girls who learns maternal instincts.

in code veronica she gets developed further and we really get a sense of her character, a slightly sarcastic yet warm caring woman who can throw down in a fight.

with barry, we get a sense that he is like the team dad, a family man with dignity and who is generally an all american badass. in re1, he has a fall from grace and redeems himself.

what can we say about rebecca other than she is a clumsy medic?
#8CPU-ZPosted 9/3/2013 11:25:50 AM
Rebecca's personality was explored in RE0 and RE1/REmake. If you haven't played them/haven't played them in a while, then play those again to understand her personality.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/PsychicAuraMaster
Visit my channel for all Mercs 3D related info. I'll be updating constantly.
#9TheSkinniMini1(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 12:00:55 PM
Disclaimer: Sorry for the long post but I like to be precise. Surely you all can understand that.

Giger it's obvious you don't like this character because it's much more to her than being a "clumsy" medic and you know it.
-The girl is a genius. She graduated college at the age of 18 with a degree in biochemistry. While it may not seem relatable, we all know people that has done the impossible.

-The girl was on her first mission during the events of Re Zero and 1. She was not the most combat savvy and even had moments of fear. While I feel some ppl hold this against her and call her weak bc of it, if you were in her shoes, especially being a rookie on your first mission, what would you have done? The fact that she isn't all miss badass and wasn't afraid to show her emotions, definitely makes her one of the most relatable and believable ppl in this series imo.

- She looks for the best in people. While she didn't exactly trust or even like Billy in the beginning, after spending time with him and getting to know him, she refused to believe that he killed those people. In fact, she was the only one that believed in his innocence. She even refused to believe that Wesker had set the team up. While she may have been a bit naive, this is exactly one of the reasons I want to see her back. I want to see how the betrayal harden her.

-She has strong morals. Rebecca definitely does not get credit for being one of the first characters to have a strong moral standing in the series. When she first meets Billy, despite the fact that she knows she needs him, refuses to team up with him bc she feels he is a murderer. She thought with her values first (even though it wasn't the smartest thing). Once she realizes he is innocent, she even lies to Enrico, her captain, aaout finding him, even though she knows it's lawfully wrong. When Billy goes missing, instead of leaving with Enrico, she asks to go look for him and stands her ground until he says yes. At the end of the game, she decides to break the law for him again by telling him that she will declare him dead. Despite knowing that she could get in trouble if found out, she still does what she feel is morally right, despite it being wrong and possibly putting her freedom on the line.

- She is kind and caring, one of the series sweethearts (shares this title with Claire and Sherry imo) Look at her interactions with Billy, Chris, and Richard. Enough said.

-She has badass moments. This girl took on a Tyrant alone, boarding an abandoned train alone, got to the mansion alone, and made the hard decision to blow up the mansion and thus prevention contamination from getting to the city but losing evidence as well (but that's on everyone), She may not have a stereotypical slow mo scene but that's fine she's not an action star.

-Her confidence grew in her appearances. Like I said earlier, this is the same girl that turned down leaving with her captain, went through those infected woods alone and made it to the mansion, and (you get this scene if you don't get Jill out of jail) she offers to go deal with the chimeras alone and tells Chris what to do.

-She is tough. This girl's took bites and scratches from infected monkeys yet didn't allow that to stop her. Not to mention she knows how to stand up for her. She refused to let Billy just talk to her any kind of way.

I forgot to mention that it is possible that this girl is infected. She was bit yet didn't even show any kind of symptoms. Yet another interesting thing about her and another reason to bring her back.
---
---
#10SSJ_JinPosted 9/3/2013 12:29:07 PM
TheSkinniMini1 posted...
I forgot to mention that it is possible that this girl is infected. She was bit yet didn't even show any kind of symptoms. Yet another interesting thing about her and another reason to bring her back.

When was Rebecca bit? I don't remember her getting bit. Only played RE0 twice though.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/