Why Rebecca should come back to the series

#61bronzefrogPosted 9/7/2013 4:08:03 PM
TheSkinniMini1 posted...
Like I said, blame Capcom for that. I do wish they implemented it more I have said that. However I still think that she can be considered a genius, despite the terrible writing Capcom has presented because I can't deny what I read and what I saw her do at some points.

What did you see her do?

Hell, I wish she did work for Umbrella. At least we probably could have seen her again after RE1.

Ask why she did not work for Umbrella per se as is benefiting of her degree.

Let's face it, you will never see her as a genius and I always will so I say let's just agree to disagree because I'm tired of seeing you talk in circles and I'm tired of talking in circles myself.
---

That is rather silly to say. If Rebecca shows herself to be a genius, then I'll see her as a genius. If she doesn't, she doesn't. If she outs herself as a complete fraud, in a game highly reminiscent of Silent Hill 2, you will continue to think she is a genius despite proof to the contrary.

Also, I am talking with you, you are talking at me. That is counterproductive of you.
---
Onepunch Man - Shingeki no Kyojin - Vinland Saga - One Piece - Soul Eater - Yu Yu Hakusho - Planetes - Break Blade - Beelzebub - The Breaker
#62SSJ_JinPosted 9/7/2013 5:48:31 PM
TheSkinniMini1 posted...
So are you saying I should just ignore what I saw on my screen, in a canon cutscene no less, just because the archives don't mention it? Those are not 100% and I'm sure they missed a lot a things.
---

SSJ_Jin posted...
As for the story summary, if I found the correct spot, (which I believe I did) all it says is, (from Rebecca's point of view) that Billy was assaulted by one of them and carried away by the water. Now in regards to the first Archive, I wouldn't take what the story summary says exactly as the it thing as it's not really done that well despite the other stuff which is done good. Archives 2, on the other hand, should be taken into what happened, I think, because it's just done so much better and it makes much more sense.

---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#63largerockPosted 9/7/2013 6:25:30 PM
TheSkinniMini1 posted...
largerock posted...
TheSkinniMini1 posted...
What is this suppose to mean?

This topic has potential to reach the prized 500.

As long as mods don't come. Annoyances the lot of them.

The prized 500? I don't understand what you mean?
---

500 posts.
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#64TheSkinniMini1(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2013 7:07:54 PM
bronzefrog,

It's funny that you say I'm being counterprouctive, and talking at you, when I don't think I am. I both acknowledge and respect the fact that you don't agree with me, but I don't think your showing me the same respect.

"What did you see her do?"
Like for instance this question. Instead of just agreeing to disagree with me as it's obvious that you don't see things the way I see them, you still ask me this? I'm sure no matter what I put, you'll simply try to debunk it, so I will not answer this, sorry.

"Ask why she did not work for Umbrella per se as is benefiting of her degree."
Who Capcom? Trust me, if I could I would. I would ask them a lot of things .

"That is rather silly to say. If Rebecca shows herself to be a genius, then I'll see her as a genius. If she doesn't, she doesn't. If she outs herself as a complete fraud, in a game highly reminiscent of Silent Hill 2, you will continue to think she is a genius despite proof to the contrary.

Also, I am talking with you, you are talking at me. That is counterproductive of you."

It's silly for me to say that because you and I aren't seeing eye to eye that we should just agree to disagree? And here I was thinking I was being the bigger person. "If Rebecca shows herself to be a genius, then I'll see her as a genius. If she doesn't, she doesn't." It's your opinion that she doesn't, I have come to accept that. But what's so wrong with me seeing her as a genius? This is where I say you don't respect my opinion. Trust me if she was a absolute phony, which I don't think she is, I would call her out on it, but I bet you don't believe me. I'm not some blind fool. I have no problem acknowledging her problems as I have in some of my earlier post.
---
---
I eat, live and breath video games. Nah, I'm just joking, but I am a huge fan. Twitter: @TheSkinniMini1. I follow back of course :-)
#65TheSkinniMini1(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2013 7:11:59 PM
SSJ_Jin posted...
TheSkinniMini1 posted...
So are you saying I should just ignore what I saw on my screen, in a canon cutscene no less, just because the archives don't mention it? Those are not 100% and I'm sure they missed a lot a things.
---

SSJ_Jin posted...
As for the story summary, if I found the correct spot, (which I believe I did) all it says is, (from Rebecca's point of view) that Billy was assaulted by one of them and carried away by the water. Now in regards to the first Archive, I wouldn't take what the story summary says exactly as the it thing as it's not really done that well despite the other stuff which is done good. Archives 2, on the other hand, should be taken into what happened, I think, because it's just done so much better and it makes much more sense.

You got me. I stand corrected.
---
---
I eat, live and breath video games. Nah, I'm just joking, but I am a huge fan. Twitter: @TheSkinniMini1. I follow back of course :-)
#66bronzefrogPosted 9/8/2013 10:51:56 AM
TheSkinniMini1 posted...
bronzefrog,

It's funny that you say I'm being counterprouctive, and talking at you, when I don't think I am. I both acknowledge and respect the fact that you don't agree with me, but I don't think your showing me the same respect.

One of your responses was that I did not think that Rebecca was a genius because, and really because, "You don't like the character and don't want to see her back. " You have also said about how I could not believe that she is a genius because I didn't graduate with a degree from college at 18, and so on, and so forth.

Respect for my disagreement? No, not particularly. You are not calmly accepting input, nor are you particularly respectful of what people say. You are talking at me and about me, and not with me.

You say that I should take the talk about Turducken out of the topic? Well, that sounds quite good and all, it should go out like your talk about me, since the topic is about Rebecca and not me, unless you discover me to be more interesting than Rebecca and want to change the topic.

Like for instance this question. Instead of just agreeing to disagree with me as it's obvious that you don't see things the way I see them, you still ask me this? I'm sure no matter what I put, you'll simply try to debunk it, so I will not answer this, sorry.

This is especially counter productive. I give you room to explain yourself, to allow yourself to express your feelings and your thoughts, but you ask for your words to not be contradicted, argued, or even discussed. You only wish to talk at me about Rebecca, not with me about Rebecca.

But what's so wrong with me seeing her as a genius? This is where I say you don't respect my opinion. Trust me if she was a absolute phony, which I don't think she is, I would call her out on it, but I bet you don't believe me.

Show me your proof that not seeing her as a genius is disrespecting your opinion of her.

Also I don't know you and wouldn't be able to say whether or not I believe you. I have no opinion at the moment of whether or not you would say that she is a phony or not.
---
Onepunch Man - Shingeki no Kyojin - Vinland Saga - One Piece - Soul Eater - Yu Yu Hakusho - Planetes - Break Blade - Beelzebub - The Breaker
#67riddlebox89Posted 9/8/2013 1:25:48 PM
Rebecca doesn't need to come back to shooting zombies, she's busy with her window service where she installs and repairs or replaces windows of any type from cardboard boxes to billion dollar sky scrapers and back in 2004 she managed to get enough profits to go on a nice vacation by repairing a bunch of windows in a small village somewhere in Europe (that's specifically NOT Spain) and a castle located nearby as well as an island that looks like it was used as a military base because some crazy American man came through the place jumping through windows and throwing chicken eggs at people.

She also got a nice big chunk of profit in 2009 repairing windows somewhere in Africa where an insane steroid abuser and his seemingly mentally handicapped partner went through several areas smashing windows and breaking pots and stealing priceless artifacts and selling them to some black market dealer.

Her recent exploits would've been earlier in 2013 when not one but two crazy American people went through a city smashing windows open, but a meltdown at a nuclear powerplant prohibited her and her companies entry, she did however get called in from China and Edonia to repair a bunch of windows there.

Now she's sipping a nice fruity drink with an umbrella straw down in the most expensive hotel in Hawaii and thanks to the mass amounts of profits she raked in during the past decade she was able to get enough money to start her own pharmaceutical company "Champers Meds, when you get sprayed in the face with bug spray, Chambers Meds will be there!" and got a PS4 and Xbox One before they were scheduled for release.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#68TheSkinniMini1(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 11:24:00 PM
One of your responses was that I did not think that Rebecca was a genius because, and really because, "You don't like the character and don't want to see her back. " You have also said about how I could not believe that she is a genius because I didn't graduate with a degree from college at 18, and so on, and so forth
You have that selective reading bad. Of course you would point out those particular quotes from earlier posts of mine to prove your point. Yes I admit I said those things and the latter did seem combative. However what about these particular quotes that i said to you as well, "It's fine that you don't see her as a genius, and "'If Rebecca shows herself to be a genius, then I'll see her as a genius. If she doesn't, she doesn't'." It's your opinion that she doesn't, I have come to accept that." See, me respecting your position despite not agreeing with it.

Respect for my disagreement? No, not particularly. You are not calmly accepting input, nor are you particularly respectful of what people say. You are talking at me and about me, and not with me.

Like I said about, I do respect your position. It's one of the reason why I wanted us to agree to disagree, so that we can move on. Oh btw, I take offense that you would even suggest that I am not a respectful person or respectful of what other people say. You are the only one that has said this to me (although you might not be the only one to feel this way) and I have disagreed with many people on this thread. Also, how do you figure I am not calmly accepting your input? You can predict my mood through words? Wow. FYI I think (this is my opinion so I don't even know how i could even get an argument out of you) you're only saying this because I'm straightforward and express how I feel unlike other people. Also, I wish you would stop saying that I'm talking at you. Repeating it over and over again won't make it any more true.

You say that I should take the talk about Turducken out of the topic? Well, that sounds quite good and all, it should go out like your talk about me, since the topic is about Rebecca and not me, unless you discover me to be more interesting than Rebecca and want to change the topic.

You'd like that if I was to change the topic, wouldn't you?

This is especially counter productive. I give you room to explain yourself, to allow yourself to express your feelings and your thoughts, but you ask for your words to not be contradicted, argued, or even discussed. You only wish to talk at me about Rebecca, not with me about Rebecca.

Oh please, get off your high horse and stop labeling me. I am not being counterproductive bc I chose to not share it with someone who thinks I'm talking at them. If anything I think I'm avoiding the vicious circle of us going back and forth. I ask for my thoughts not to be argued or even discussed? That is the whole point of me starting this thread. Are we or are we not discussing what I've said in this thread? You're arguing my thoughts that you don't agree with and I'm arguing yours so I don't think I have contradicted myself at all. Once again, repeating that I am talking at you over and over again won't make it any more true.

Also I don't know you and wouldn't be able to say whether or not I believe you. I have no opinion at the moment of whether or not you would say that she is a phony or not.

Well it is what is it.
---
---
#69TheSkinniMini1(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2013 12:35:32 AM
This is all your opinion which I can understand. However I would like to discuss (not argue) your posts with you.

"I'm completely calm. But considering I've seen tons of instances of people accuse two people on the other side of an "argument" to be alts, that seems more likely than a joke. If it was a joke, whatever."
You sound so cynical here. Just because other people do it, doesn't mean that is what I was doing. I was joking, okay.

"Not that it entirely excuses it, but it's likely because Rebecca farts around on the thing for a while trying to remember how to play at all, and Jill just plays and boom puzzle solved."
Yet to me it does seem like you're trying to excuse Jill for doing it. IMO it doesn't matter who knew how to play better, the point is if you feel one shouldn't have done it, the other shouldn't have done it either. I mean they are in a mansion fighting for their lives, so why stop and play the piano, period? That is the last thing that should have come to any of their minds. It was just a stupid puzzle IMO to begin with. Its like being in an infested city and seeing a nice dress that you like in the window. Despite being intrigued by it, you still aren't going to stop and get it, because that dress is not important, staying alive is.

"Maybe he thought it'd keep her goofy ass out of danger, who knows? It's annoying that if you pick yes or no to CAN I PLAY? she still ends up doing so."
He hardly knew her or her capabilities yet so to me this isn't a good excuse. Yes, I agree it is, but its a gameplay mechanic. Someone had to open the door for the puzzle. So again I blame Capcom for making a stupid puzzle. Besides if it was just a random event, let me ask you, do you think she would have stopped? I don't know for sure that she wouldn't have, but I'll never know. To me this puzzle just made everybody involved look bad and not aware of their surroundings.

"I think it's just legitimately pathetic. She's a weakling and he's a big buff Marine. I don't see anything weird about him being considerably tougher than her (but damn did they ever make him practically invincible)."
The girl is 93 lbs. so yes, she is going to be a little more on the physically weak side. If she was working with Billy type stamina that would be absurd, but they didn't have to make her so pathetically underpowered, esp with her wearing STARS gear. She should have been weaker than Billy, but not to that point. That's all I'm saying. Yeah, Billy is definitely OP. I get it they wanted to make them different, but this guy stamina is doing things it shouldn't. Guys that are dressed in clothes suited for the situation in this series don't even have that going on. They should have balanced it out better IMO.
---
---
#70TheSkinniMini1(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2013 12:38:00 AM
"Dunno. If I'm ever unlucky enough to get saddled playing as her, everything in her path is already dead thanks to Chris."
That means you're playing the game the way you want to which is fine. Unlucky? I'll let you have that. I personally like to get Chris poisoned just so that I can play her, but I accept you don't.

"Nah, she's portrayed as a weakling, so it doesn't seem odd to me. Jill's a STARS member and Claire is a reasonably tough biker babe; I can buy them being sturdy then they look. especially in Jill's case. And Leon's not really a big guy himself, so it doesn't come off strange to me at all."
It's sounds to me like you consider her weak, not because of her size (which makes her physically weaker and rightfully so) but because she was shown to not be a fighter, is this correct? You don' t have to know how to fight to be considered strong that's just a bonus. BTW, Rebecca is a STARS member same as Jill so I have no clue why you said that. Claire had the luxury of being trained by her combat experienced brother for years compared to Rebecca who is a rookie member that just started so that to me isn't a fair comparison. Jill and Claire are at 110 and 115 lbs respectively in their first appearance and that is actually very skinny in the real world. So yes, while they may be bigger than Rebecca and thus should have more stamina I agree, at the end of the day the stamina difference between her and these two should not be that apparent though. They are not that much sturdier than she is IMO.

I agree. They weren't combined, though, so what's your point?
My point is that because the story was separated for gameplay reasons, we had characters doing things they had no business doing.

We're not talking about Jill. I mentioned she has no training on it, and that's enough for this topic about someone else.
You're right we weren't. However, like you said, you're the one that brought up her not having formal chemistry training and Billy not being able to mix herbs, I didn't. However since they helped me to get my point across, I had to use them too. Please, don't tell me what's enough. Why is it that people here are always trying to have the last word about something?
---
---