Steel Beast Dominaor 2......

#21DarkkefkaFFX(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2013 9:56:37 PM
HMM..saving the flashes for the javo in the napad swarm. Not a bad idea. Never though of that.

For now, I'll just hold 1 and get on the board. Then I'l try to hold 3-4 of them.
---
FFX NSGNZ Dark Aeons (Anima left)
Pokemon D/P Friends Codes: 0216 3888 1669
#22DarkkefkaFFX(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2013 12:12:04 AM
You know something guys..I love this game. I love it o death..and Sherry is the main reason why...
However, this is the first and only stage that makes me rage quit. I freaking HATE THIS DAMN STAGE!!!!! But it seems I'm not alone. NOBODY Likes this stage. .

I can probaly make it a little easier if I use Jake, but I'm a Default Sherry user, so I only have 2 Flash Grenades and No HAND to HAND for easy CDGs and Flying Javo/Exploding Javo Melee kills.

Allow me to point out all the things that makes this the most annoying stage to get a high score on.

For starters, at the very beginning of the combo we have 2 campers in a room and you start a great distance away from them. Ten Kills later a camper Sniper spawns FAR ON THE OTHER SIDE!!!! Soon after flying Javo Spawn on the top floor and as a Sherry user, I have 2 choices, either burn my bullets or try my luck with the CGD Glitch, but sometimes the Grenade falls on the bottom.... -_-

Now we have slowass parashooting Javo taking there sweet time coming down, sometimes forcing me to shoot the Rocket Laucher out of the sky and losing my green herb. Far on the other side another sniper lurks.

On the far other side across from the last sniper, the Napads show up on the BOTTOM FLOOR, and across the truck WAY over to the other side is another time bonus. At this point, there's 7 Napads. We need to kill some of them to get another monsters to spawn. But the next wave are exploding Javo, and unless you're in the right place at the right time, you won't kill them in time unless they kill themselves...which sometimes results in 3-4 kills at once, which will force you to kill a Napad . If You manage to hold 2-3 Napads at this point, you'll be okay for about 10 more kills.

This is the hard part: SLOWASS GRASSHOPPERS. You need to somehow kill them in time while STILL holding the Napads. Next, we have coated Javo. The problem here is that it's very easy to find yourself wasting a Magnum Bullet to kill one to save your combo, but I can assure you that they will mutate when you do.......
Now for another annoying part, the shielded Javo, they don't come to you, you need to go to them, and if you not careful they will knock you down. Suckd even more that they spawn on opposites sides.

Now the Pincer Javo Show up, and you need to kill the asap. If they grab you..reset and try again.....After this, one fin al wave of slow Exploding Javo, and then we need to go ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE TOP to kill the parashooting Javo.

If you make it to the 130 mark you good to go, but doing all this while holding even 1 Napad is a lot harder that Urbn Chaos. All this running back and forth while dogding the Napads AND keeping up the Combo. After this event is donw, I don't think I'll ever do this stage again in my life. I almost punched a hole in my wall today. This stage is so annoying. And all this doesn't even include Gnezdo....
---
#23siberian142Posted 9/22/2013 8:39:17 AM(edited)
Other characters can melee the blobs by using that backwards kick attack, by going behind them, holding the stick forward and then pressing the melee button. You can also do the running kick, but you'll probably take a blocks worth of damage doing it that way.

The flying J'avo are indeed ridiculous. If you're not Jake, you either have to use the coup de grace glitch, ground them with a flash grenade, or get lucky and have them be close enough to you when you're preforming a coup de grace on another enemy. Most of the time you'll bullet kill them, though.

I don't find the campers to be a problem. They're part of the reason I like starting at the bottom more than the top, I don't have to make an unnecessary trip back to kill them later in the combo. And it takes you right to the sniper on the second floor.

The parachutes are really stupid, though. They seem a little glitched, sometimes they won't puncture despite me spamming my handgun into them. The pincer J'avo are too...It's not all that fair that they can ready their grabbing attack whilst you're in a coup de grace animation. And the damage...But it's not too tough after the pincers. You can delay kill the balloons to help make it back to the top.

Steel Beast is one of my favorite stages with a duo partner, but not so much solo. Mercenaries loses a lot of its fun factor when playing solo, actually, as one mistake will often result in the combo dying.
#24DarkkefkaFFX(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 10:55:30 AM
Well thanks to the stun rod...YES Stun Rod, I finally managed to get a decent 1.31 with. I tried to hold 3 napads. One of them got killed by it's comrades early. Another somehow died in the 130 ranged, and I held one to 150. I'll have a video my Run for this event up when I see my rank.
---
#25icantseePosted 9/23/2013 11:53:47 PM
Well .... I played for a few hours today and got a 1.18 mil. Didn't save any Napad, nor did I summon the hidden boss. I just wanted (and got) a 150 combo for this event. Not a big fan of Javo stages, especially with their annoying taunting. I used default Leon who needs four shots to weaken normal Javo enough for a counter to kill. It gets tiring to shoot four times ..... wait for counter window .... instead get taunted ..... shoot another Javo four times ..... wait for counter opening .....get taunted instead again ..... eventually run out of handgun bullets.
---
RE5, 3DS, RE6 Mercs fan
#26DarkkefkaFFX(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 9:36:36 AM
I know how you feel.

Fortunity for sherry, her melee kick has good range, so for me, it's quick shot, melee, cdg..2 bars used. Looks like I ranked 36.
---