I auto quit merc lobby when I joined to a 1.45 and above players

#11NN0VAT0RPosted 9/5/2013 1:21:48 PM
because my highest score is only 1.40. the lobby is highscore hijink so I already know they are going to kick me anyway. I just don't see the point of staying in there to get kicked.
#2siberian142Posted 9/5/2013 2:40:47 PM(edited)
Yeah, I don't like being kicked when the scores are close together. That's why i mainly host nowadays.

I kick a lot, but mainly for people who have scores below a million or close to it. I give a few a chance and it turns into them bullet killing everything and messing up my counter setups or immediately going for my J'avo that I just set up for a coup de grace. Even the people in the 1 million range often turn out to have been carried there by a decent player (which is why I let the combo drop at some point when I decide to finish the match with these people). When I find good players, I rarely kick, though. It's really rare to find them.
#3KryptoPyro13Posted 9/5/2013 5:18:48 PM
siberian142 posted...
(which is why I let the combo drop at some point when I decide to finish the match with these people).

Cold.
---
"I expected disappointment. In that regard, I was not disappointed."
Official Husband of Gregor of the FE:A boards.
#4siberian142Posted 9/5/2013 5:35:33 PM
KryptoPyro13 posted...
siberian142 posted...
(which is why I let the combo drop at some point when I decide to finish the match with these people).

Cold.

True, but I don't think their score should be higher when all they do is pick a character with a shotgun and spam it all match. If they don't even know the basics of the game, I don't think it's fair to myself or the community to hand them a deceptive score that they only got because they played with a good player.
#5sbn4Posted 9/5/2013 8:01:49 PM
^Agreed with Siberian. I remember there being so many BSAA and Battlesuit Jill players who piggy backed of exceptional Wesker players to get good scores in duo, but when you turn around and look, they could rarely line up multiple kill melees with her.

I personally would quit on such players. I used to do it all the time in the other Mercs modes.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#61NN0VAT0R(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 8:52:53 PM
siberian142 posted...

when they interrupt my kills. I make them taste their own medicine and go all shoot outs so they can't get any higher score than what they already have.
#7siberian142Posted 9/6/2013 4:47:06 AM
1NN0VAT0R posted...
siberian142 posted...

when they interrupt my kills. I make them taste their own medicine and go all shoot outs so they can't get any higher score than what they already have.

If they're being too annoying, I just quit on them. It is very irritating when you decide to just practice and these people hound you, shotgunning everything and making you waste stamina.

These people are often hilarious though. I play Steel Beast a lot with Carla and they're always jumping in front of my acid rounds when I am trying to set up the grasshoppers for coup de graces.
#8UnfoolishPosted 9/9/2013 10:58:52 AM
Carla, Helena, Jake EX and Samurai Chris are ultimate trolls in Merc.

Just for fun I would spam acid rounds on my partner until they enter dying status then teabag them then revive them then spam acid rounds again then teabag revive twice. Carla 12 Acid is crazy.

Chris EX with his RPG. Jake GL rounds. XD

On a serious note when I get annoyed when noobs shoot everything with Default Chris and Sherry EX... NO melee time gained. I would shoot an acid round and laugh. What is worse is when I throw a flash grenade....they still shoot the blinded enemy...not even CDG it. So.. I would toss an Incendiary Grenade or green hand grenade while they blast in their own crowd. Its funny.

I'm fine when they quickshot melee into follow up... but when they shoot everything and time runs out that is annoying. I troll them. Some even learn CDG from flash grenades. I think noobs are entertaining. I find it most funny when they play harder characters that don't have braindead Chris and Sherry options. They are hilariously bad with Jake Ada Carla Helena Agent. But again I play for fun so them unlocking stuff is cool to help with minimum effort scoring.
#9UnfoolishPosted 9/9/2013 11:09:23 AM
sbn4 posted...
^Agreed with Siberian. I remember there being so many BSAA and Battlesuit Jill players who piggy backed of exceptional Wesker players to get good scores in duo, but when you turn around and look, they could rarely line up multiple kill melees with her.

I personally would quit on such players. I used to do it all the time in the other Mercs modes.

Good thing RE6 lobby has objectives like fun serious hijinks. In RE5 you can't tell if the SS rank player is good or they piggyback from their partner. I think the scoring is better determining the type of player. Standard 1mil is 150 combo....1.2 is 150 with melee counter per enemy...1.3 is boss holding then 1.4-1.7 is counters plus multiple boss holding. Its easier to tell now in RE6.

In RE5... look for a Japanese flag for hijinks LOL
#10sbn4Posted 9/9/2013 3:11:46 PM
Agreed. There were a few times that I joined random lobbies because I was bored. Battlesuit Jill is by far my best characters and I'd get kicked even with SS. And I have above average scores with her. Same story with BSAA Chris or STARS Chris. Despite having SS rankings, I'd get booted despite being decent with them they aren't Wesker.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."