!SPOILERS! In your opinion, who was wrong in the warehouse standoff?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. !SPOILERS! In your opinion, who was wrong in the warehouse standoff?
2 years ago#1
Topic does contain PLOT SPOILERS.

This section in the RE6 plot line always gets me thinking, who made the bigger mistake during the standoff at the warehouse in China:

Was it Chris? With his personal vendetta against 'Ada Wong' throughout Ch3....wherein he seemed hell bent on peppering her to the grave instead of suspect apprehension?

Or was it Leon....in interfering with Chris's mission and aiming in taking custody of said woman? Was his reasoning justified (he lost over 70,000 people because of Simmons) in preventing Chris from taking Wong in (yes Chris would arrest her....as Piers would make sure he did anyway).

I'm on the fence regarding this aspect in the plot, but can't really help in leaning towards Chris's goal on this one. For all the tragedy she's caused/aiming to yet cause, Ms. Radames really needed to be booked or shot.
---
---
"When I'm walking a dark road, I am a man who walks alone" - Iron Maiden
2 years ago#2
Well chris wanted to kill carla, and he was going to do it if leon didn't interfered and if that happened then haos would have been released and no one would have prevented it from coming to the surface and reproducing itself ensuring complete global saturation of C-Virus...

Leon on the other hand didn't had any idea Carla was Ada and that she leaded neo umbrella, and even after Chris told him he stood against him only because she was "Ada" so he protected her only for his personal interests, maybe if she didn't looked like ada he would not had stopped chris, hell, he wouldn't even had encountered him.

So i guess what leon did was the right thing, but he did it for the wrong reason, putting personal interest in front of everything.. Maybe if he took her he would had set her free later or worse (better) she would had killed him only because he believed she was Ada and was sure she would never do any harm to him..

So in conclusion, both of them were wrong..
---
Shhhh... Quiet, you might piss somebody off
PSN: Dan21993
2 years ago#3
Chris would have shot her at that point; he was literally about half a second from doing so when Leon intervened, plus it was Leon who made Chris realize how much of an ass he'd been up to that point; Piers wouldn't have been able to stop a damn thing in the Warehouse.

That said, I don't think either of them were really wrong, as both Carla and Simmons were evil. Leon's probably closer if anything, since he didn't know the difference between Carla and Ada (to be fair neither did Chris, but we know Leon has a personal stake in Ada), but his logic ("Ada" being a witness to Simmons' crimes; remember he saw Happy Birthday Ada Wong) was still completely sound. Chris's logic for wanting her dead speaks for itself, as at that point she'd killed not only the Edonia team, but the China team as well (at the very least she's directly responsible for the only one the snake DIDN'T kill). She'd be at the top of any military **** list by then.
---
This is a sig, woo.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/If_They_Were/index.php?act=idx
2 years ago#4
Yep, Chris definitely had his finger on the trigger. He nearly killed her when Leon knocked the gun out of his hand. It wasn't until Leon knocked some sense into his head that he aimed to take her into custody.

Both of them were wrong. Chris allowed his vendetta against Carla to get in the way of capturing her. You do not kill a key suspect just because they're morally reprehensible, you capture them to better understand their role.

Leon was mistaken, as he believed that Simmons was the mastermind behind all of the attacks. He wasn't properly informed and protected her solely because she looked like Ada. He was wrong but his reasons were more understandable, he wanted to protect his friend / love interest.
2 years ago#5
Both allowed their personal stuff to interfere with their duty...

Chris was pulling his tantrums all the way, and should have been suspended from the mission,
as for the high rank military who's responsible for the lives of his team,
he was as far from making adequate decisions as one could possibly be.

Leon with his "protect Ada no matter what" thing, is basically in the same boat with Chris
Risking the lives of innocent people just cos' he blindly wanted to believe that
the person he had some feelings for, will cause no harm
(which in case with Ada, is just a lottery type of thing) is irresponsible and just plain stupid

But thanks to the fact that it's a video game, both were able to get away with all this mess.
Chris was able to gather himself thanx to that little chat with Leon
(although Chris had no idea how questionable Leon's motives were)

And Leon...well, he got lucky that his instincts proved to be right... again
I wonder what will happen when they'll finally fail him for once...
---
--------------------x_0--------------------
2 years ago#6
I'm not sure if (by the end of RE6) Leon knows about Carla in depth and how deep her psychosis ran in attempting to emulate Ada....

However, do you think he'd regret not being able to have deduced her identity and take her in but letting her slip past him & Chris?

That tape should've raised a few red-flags in his mind about her in the first place, I suppose (assuming he really doesn't know a thing about the real Ada)!
---
---
"When I'm walking a dark road, I am a man who walks alone" - Iron Maiden
2 years ago#7
Leon obviously considering the woman Chris was about to kill WAS the main villain of the game and not in fact Ada. Chris might have been an ass but he was totally justified in wanting to kill her.
---
Savott loves corporations everyone else hates more than I love dinosaurs. -Helix Snake
2 years ago#8
FearOfTheLight posted...
This section in the RE6 plot line always gets me thinking, who made the bigger mistake during the standoff at the warehouse in China:

Was it Chris? With his personal vendetta against 'Ada Wong' throughout Ch3....wherein he seemed hell bent on peppering her to the grave instead of suspect apprehension?

Or was it Leon....in interfering with Chris's mission and aiming in taking custody of said woman? Was his reasoning justified (he lost over 70,000 people because of Simmons) in preventing Chris from taking Wong in (yes Chris would arrest her....as Piers would make sure he did anyway).

They were both right and wrong at the same time, she was responsible for the deaths of several thousand people, she deserved to face a firing squad but also should've been arrested before being executed.

And lol, Piers is going to MAKE Chris not shoot her? He didn't exactly do anything to stop Chris from attempting it, that was Leon's doing. And remember, Piers shot at her too.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. !SPOILERS! In your opinion, who was wrong in the warehouse standoff?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived