Should I just end the series at RE5?

#41SSJ_JinPosted 9/23/2013 7:58:37 PM
Syn_Vengeance posted...
The story in RE hasnt been good in a long time lol.

Also true.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#42unnamedFerPosted 9/24/2013 9:09:46 AM
Seriously, playing RE for its plot is srs bzzniss.
---
http://killer7.6.forumer.com/
#43sbn4Posted 9/24/2013 10:28:30 AM
I must be the only RE fan who find RE4 damn near unplayable now. I have the HD release, and unless a friend is watching me play it, it is difficult to get back into. RE5 has ruined me with its improved mechanics.

RE4 feels really sluggish and borderline archaic. It has better pacing with its campaign than RE5 does, but I feel the clunky nature of the controls really ruins the game for me now. Mercenaries is really boring because constantly pausing the game to equip itmes takes what should be a fast paced white knuckle experience into a tedious and repetitive menu trekking experience.

Its still worth playing for a first timer, but I do feel RE5 is a much more improved sequel even despite most saying it isn't. I wish I could say the same about RE6. Its really only worth playing for the Mercenaries and some of the DLC content.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#44Syn_VengeancePosted 9/24/2013 10:53:02 AM
sbn4 posted...
I must be the only RE fan who find RE4 damn near unplayable now. I have the HD release, and unless a friend is watching me play it, it is difficult to get back into. RE5 has ruined me with its improved mechanics.

RE4 feels really sluggish and borderline archaic. It has better pacing with its campaign than RE5 does, but I feel the clunky nature of the controls really ruins the game for me now. Mercenaries is really boring because constantly pausing the game to equip itmes takes what should be a fast paced white knuckle experience into a tedious and repetitive menu trekking experience.

Its still worth playing for a first timer, but I do feel RE5 is a much more improved sequel even despite most saying it isn't. I wish I could say the same about RE6. Its really only worth playing for the Mercenaries and some of the DLC content.

All of This^ although I still play chris campaign in RE6 from time to time.
---
Platinums: Resident Evil 5, Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City, Resident Evil 6, Resident Evil Revelations.
#45SSJ_JinPosted 9/24/2013 4:37:07 PM
So edward18 wanted me to post this for him so here it is, (copy and pasted).

edward18 says...

If you're wanting to stop somewhere then have it end at 5. Literally that is the perfect place to stop storywise with what we've gotten. 4 has absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the series and I have no idea why people praise that crap so much when 5 is literally the same thing only 5 has things that actually matter happen in it.

Sure we may not get to see the Organization or anything that should be dealt with by now, but things came together so nicely for 5's story. We see Spencer, take care of Wesker, and FINALLY get shown where everything all started with Africa and Progenitor. Things just come full circle with 5.

Yes it's a shame that Barry's not there and that there isn't the Tyrant there was going to be, but honestly, it's the same damn thing. 5 is basically the same story they were going to do whereas with something like 4's beta they change the game entirely and make it completely irrelevant to the rest of the series in the final product.

4 was just so damn infuriating.

"It'll be in the Cradle of the Progenitor Virus." to "Random Parasites that are found by a random cult that have no ties to Umbrella or any viral agents and don't even attempt to make the simple connection that the Plagas might have had something to do with the NE-Alpha Parasite or anything. Just some parasite...Luis referenced the T-virus though =D Resident Evil, am i rite?"

It was just so god damn embarrassing. Didn't take itself seriously in the slightest, Leon was god damn annoying, and the story...no. There is a line. There is a ****ing line. Yes RE was campy in the first game because it was the beginning of 3D. But even then, it tried, for the most part, to take itself seriously as any title after it obviously did. Yes the dialogue was crap, but they tried. 4 didn't. It has no place calling itself a main game. 5 was much more in tone with how the series is supposed to be even if it retained 4's crappy gameplay and is the clear place for the story to end if you have to have an ending yet.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#46cazza_mrPosted 9/24/2013 5:51:06 PM
You should end the series at resi 2 its the last good one gameplay wise 3 and code v are ok 4 is crap and 5 and 6 build off of 4 but get progressively better
---
I have a medium sized fire axe buried in the small of my back, that sort of thing really puts a crimp in your day-Kryten
#47sbn4Posted 9/24/2013 8:06:04 PM
All of This^ although I still play chris campaign in RE6 from time to time.

To be honest, Chris and Leon's campaigns are the only ones that are playable to me. Chris' is the most fun. Chris Chapter 2 is the best chapter in the game IMO. And Leon's is fun because I actually find Helena somewhat attractive (again in the minority here). And the first two chapters are decent. nd after that, I really like Helena's China outfit.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#48CTU_007Posted 9/25/2013 12:17:33 AM
Syn_Vengeance posted...
Unfoolish posted...
I don't like how Revelations is seen as a prequel to RE5. ESPECIALLY when Jill face model is not consistent at all with her Remake look, Umbrella Chronicles, RE5 Julia Voth face.

If you seen the earliest trailer of Revelations, there were zombies on the ship... Jill face model was the same as RE5 and the voice was the same Patricia Ja Lee. Who knows what happened along the way.....now we get Oozes as a prequel to majinis? I don't know.

I don't like how Revelations is a push over, it's a great game but I don't like how it's classified as a prequel or side mission. Kind of like how RE3 Nemesis was like a spin off Jill perspective.

Right now I'm just utterly confused by Capcom decision making with RE. Revelations seems more of a RE6 titled game but maybe exclusive to 3DS forced it to be a prequel? What happened to zombies on the ship? What happened to Jill face model? I like the characters in Revelations but I just don't see them returning in a future game considering this is a prequel to RE5. If anything the RE7 game will pick up from RE6 maybe...

Contracts plus she might have been working on a different project. look how many times leon and chris change voice actors. Roger craig smith has been the only consistant VA for chris.

Claire is the only one to keep the same VA. keith silverstien has voice Hunk in RE4, umbrella chronicles, darkside chronicles, ORC and revelations but not RE2. Jill was voice by different people in alot of games. Voth did her for remake, umbrella chronicles and 5, then the current VA did her for ORC and Revelations. ada has been all over the place since after 4, her VA is different in ORC and 6.

TL:DR: **** happens.

Voth was only the face model for Jill. Heidi Anderson was the voice for REmake while Patricia Jae Lee (sp?) was the voice for RE5 and Umbrella Chronicles.

I believe Jill has had six voice actresses in total now if we're to count the Marvel vs Capcom games.
#49Syn_VengeancePosted 9/25/2013 5:59:12 AM
CTU_007 posted...
Syn_Vengeance posted...
Unfoolish posted...
I don't like how Revelations is seen as a prequel to RE5. ESPECIALLY when Jill face model is not consistent at all with her Remake look, Umbrella Chronicles, RE5 Julia Voth face.

If you seen the earliest trailer of Revelations, there were zombies on the ship... Jill face model was the same as RE5 and the voice was the same Patricia Ja Lee. Who knows what happened along the way.....now we get Oozes as a prequel to majinis? I don't know.

I don't like how Revelations is a push over, it's a great game but I don't like how it's classified as a prequel or side mission. Kind of like how RE3 Nemesis was like a spin off Jill perspective.

Right now I'm just utterly confused by Capcom decision making with RE. Revelations seems more of a RE6 titled game but maybe exclusive to 3DS forced it to be a prequel? What happened to zombies on the ship? What happened to Jill face model? I like the characters in Revelations but I just don't see them returning in a future game considering this is a prequel to RE5. If anything the RE7 game will pick up from RE6 maybe...

Contracts plus she might have been working on a different project. look how many times leon and chris change voice actors. Roger craig smith has been the only consistant VA for chris.

Claire is the only one to keep the same VA. keith silverstien has voice Hunk in RE4, umbrella chronicles, darkside chronicles, ORC and revelations but not RE2. Jill was voice by different people in alot of games. Voth did her for remake, umbrella chronicles and 5, then the current VA did her for ORC and Revelations. ada has been all over the place since after 4, her VA is different in ORC and 6.

TL:DR: **** happens.

Voth was only the face model for Jill. Heidi Anderson was the voice for REmake while Patricia Jae Lee (sp?) was the voice for RE5 and Umbrella Chronicles.

I believe Jill has had six voice actresses in total now if we're to count the Marvel vs Capcom games.

Ah my mistake
---
Platinums: Resident Evil 5, Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City, Resident Evil 6, Resident Evil Revelations.
#50goku4ever03Posted 10/2/2013 4:16:26 PM
ZGMF_600_Guaiz posted...
Are you actually complaining that before 2009 someone didn't have a crystal ball to know what new elements they would have to mention in RE5? If a new Chronicles game includes RE5, it is highly likely that some files will be modified to reflect the additions that Revelations made to the story

RE6 came out after Revelations and there is no mention of a single thing from Revelations anywhere or at anytime in the campaign. There is no way you can claim for titles such as Revelations (even RE4 to a great extent) to be a main part of the series and not RE3 or RE6. Those two are more important and play a much bigger role.

ZGMF_600_Guaiz posted...
I recommend that you check the enemies in an HD console. The designs in the 3DS are oversimplified due to the hardware limitations, but the console versions do make them justice. There's even nice touches, such as some semi mutated enemies that retain some small human traits, like keeping a human hand, or having only a partially mutated eye and/or mouths. Furthermore, the Ooze fit very well with the theme of the game taking place in a ship and their unique characteristics were even thought with certain gameplay mechanics in mind, such as their movement through vents or how they liquefy upon death.

It was on the PS3 I first played the game. It can be forgiven for its lack of quality and depth as it was originally a handheld game so any conversion to a console is always going to have its limitations. Perhaps I would have enjoyed the gameplay more if I had first played it on the 3DS as there I can appreciate the maximum extent a handheld game can be taken to. But still the enemies just wouldn't do it for me and they are a huge part of the RE series.
---
The ultimate woman is a man - House