What did you guys want in RE 6?(Probably Spoilers)

#1TheGuyWhoKnows7Posted 9/19/2013 2:32:04 PM
I admit this fact about RE 6, it's a solid 8/10 where as the rest of the RE games are 9/10s or above. Besides RE 6 is all about Ada's campaign anyways, Jake and Sherry's was good. Leon and Helena's was "Meh", and Chris and Piers's campaign was absolutley terrible!!!(Invisible Snakes) "Ada Wong is a Goddess among Video Games's female and male characters."-TheGuyWhoKnows7. All I can truly say about RE 6 is Ada got the Campaign she deserved plus most of RE 6's plot revolved around Ada Wong so maybe RE 6 should have just had Ada's campaign.(I would have been absolutley fine with that.)
---
PSN: WhiteHispanic17
The Offical Versatile/Casual Gamer of Gamefaqs. "Remember kids/adults "Story Matters Here". "
#2AndyDonoPosted 9/19/2013 3:34:12 PM
For me, I thought Ada's overall campaign was "meh". The stealth sections felt forced/tacked on, the puzzle sections is unnecessary considering how insanely easy they were, Ch.5 is a complete snooze fest, and her overabundance of witty one-liners was just downright annoying for me. However I do love playing the section in Ch. 2 where Ada teams up with Leon and Helena.

Too lazy to go into detail, but as for my personal ranking for the campaigns are: Chris > Leon > Jake = Ada. Overall I consider RE6 to be a okay (7/10 for solo, 7.5 for co-op) action horror game, but isn't as good/polished as RE5.

Back to topic.

There weren't anything I was particularly looking for in RE6, since I kind of basically knew what I was getting myself into.
---
I`m neither an ally of yours nor a tool of those police who think themselves men of justice. I live as I think is right. -Saeba Ryo (City Hunter)
#3yusikoPosted 9/19/2013 7:59:02 PM
ada's shtick is getting old for me personally
i still like her but she appears in every game leon is in and its the same role each time with little development
the plot may have put her front and center but the only part of her storyline that moved forward was that someone other than leon interacted with her (chris)

honestly i just wanted claire in the game
that is my favorite character in the series and is one of the core 4
but as jill and claire get left out more and more its starting to feel like they have been brushed aside for leon and chris to the point where it should just be core 2 by this point.
of course jill did get RER so she she had that going for her.

anyway id rank the campaigns like this

sherry's > leons > ada's > chris's

as far as characters go

leon > chris > sherry > piers > ada > helena > jake
---
Everybody loves yusiko. To some extent. Eventually that love turns to hate. Back to love and back to murderous intent. ~ yusketeer
#4sbn4Posted 9/19/2013 8:16:48 PM
This game should have removed all the campaigns and just concentrated on Leon and Chris. Make both these campaigns well and you have a decent product. If both focused on their respective genres the game could have been good. Jake and Ada's campaign were throw aways and both were abysmally bad.

Leon and Chris' campaigns had potential. Chris' was easily the best because it had focus, the most gameplay, the fewest button prompts, and decent characters.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#5siberian142Posted 9/19/2013 11:00:21 PM(edited)
I disagree. Ada's campaign was just like Separate Ways from 4, Ada spends her whole campaign in the background helping out the more important protagonists. Once again, she was hardly expanded on and the only new background information we got on her was that she worked with Simmons early on. She is the same old spy from 2 and 4 that likes Leon and isn't as cold as she may initially seem.

And while Ada inspired the events of 6, the story is more about Carla and Simmons than it is her. Ada's contributions to advancing the plot is from her protecting the main protagonists while single-handedly proving that she's a one woman wrecking machine.

I love Ada, but I'd like them to eventually drop the cold and mysterious spy that can easily overcome any threat shtick that they cling to. I'd love a game where she goes through a lot of development without having to stick around in the shadows while other characters are in the spotlight the entire time.

yusiko posted...
but as jill and claire get left out more and more its starting to feel like they have been brushed aside for leon and chris to the point where it should just be core 2 by this point.

You have a point with Clare, but Jill always gets screentime. She was one of the main protagonists of Revelations, she's a major supporting character in 5, and she was included in Mercenaries 3D and Operation Raccoon City (though the last two were spin offs, Jill has been around for all of the recent games prior to 6). It is odd that she was excluded from 6 completely, but she, Chris, and Leon are in a much better place compared to all the other characters in the series.
#6Josh2000Posted 9/19/2013 10:27:15 PM
AndyDono posted...
For me, I thought Ada's overall campaign was "meh". The stealth sections felt forced/tacked on, the puzzle sections is unnecessary considering how insanely easy they were, Ch.5 is a complete snooze fest, and her overabundance of witty one-liners was just downright annoying for me. However I do love playing the section in Ch. 2 where Ada teams up with Leon and Helena.

Too lazy to go into detail, but as for my personal ranking for the campaigns are: Chris > Leon > Jake = Ada. Overall I consider RE6 to be a okay (7/10 for solo, 7.5 for co-op) action horror game, but isn't as good/polished as RE5.

Back to topic.

There weren't anything I was particularly looking for in RE6, since I kind of basically knew what I was getting myself into.

YES! I Hated Ada's campaign, by the time I got to it, I just wanted to finish it. I liked the IDEA of mixing the campaigns. . . however what got to me was just how repetitive they all got, like ideally in order to finish ones campaign (towards the end and especially if your trophy hunting) was ridiculous. I really hope GTAV did a better job? I liked the original 3 to an extent and again the intersecting parts got annoying and old real quick, Personally they only needed Leon and Jake's campaigns, extended them. . . this entire game should have been Leon and Jake with a much extended experience. Don't get me wrong Chris had some fun campaign experiences but again could have been mixed into the overall equation. . .

It half way lacks imagination. I get the imagination of wanting 3/4 different stories wanting to mix. . . but when I have 3/4 different chapters that are basically the same, can you understand why I say this is short (overall) and also gets sicking. I really hope GTAV did this better? (Idk, I haven't played GTAV yet and I don't think the reviews I've watched cover what I am talking about.)
---
My God's a little sick, and he wants me crazy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIGRDvoRYCM
#7CTU_007Posted 9/19/2013 10:35:50 PM
Jill Valentine
#8TheGuyWhoKnows7(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 10:43:48 AM
CTU_007 posted...
Jill Valentine

I really like Jill and Claire as RE heroines, *Opinions* but Ada is just my favorite character in RE and one of my favorite characters in all of video games. How should I put this... I have a Ada Wong Theme from PSN as my PS3 theme, My PSN avatar is Ada, and I have three pictures of Ada Wong on my wall in my room. Plus she's the only reason RE:Retribution was any good. I'm glad she never changed her attitude through all of RE because then she just wouldn't be Ada Wong. Leon is obviously the best male character in RE though, but obviously not the best RE character. I really like a lot of the characters in RE, but Ada's the BEST!!
---
The Offical Versatile/Casual Gamer of Gamefaqs. "Remember kids/adults "Story Matters Here". "
#91NN0VAT0RPosted 9/20/2013 2:12:20 PM
the gameplay aspect is perfect, everything else falls short though.
---
on 911 2013 we remind everyone of the irony that US government is going to send military to help Al Qaeda's buddies take over another country AGAIN
#10TheGuyWhoKnows7(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2013 7:45:48 PM
1NN0VAT0R posted...
the gameplay aspect is perfect, everything else falls short though.

Gameplay-9/10, Ada's Campaign-10/10, Chris and Piers's Campaign-5/10, Jake and Sherry's Campaign-8/10, Leon and Helena's Campaign-7/10, Mini-Games- 7.5/10. Resident Evil 6- 7.75/10.
---