Thank ReMake Sales and Importantly the Gamecube for the More Action based RE4

#31XxAxem_BlackxXPosted 9/28/2013 11:46:23 AM
I dunno why a company full of smart people wouldn't be able to understand that REmake undersold because it was a gamecube exclusive and RE4 would have been an almost equally poor seller if it hadn't been ported to other systems. This is all plainly obvious to us so why not to them?
---
www.morbid-obsession.com
#32XxAxem_BlackxXPosted 9/28/2013 11:50:52 AM
Some of you don't get what makes an action game. The amount of ammo you get has more to do with the difficulty than the action level. REmake would still be a slow paced survival horror game even if it gave you a thousand handgun rounds from the start. It just wouldn't be that hard of a game is all. What makes an action game is mostly decided by the music, by what's going on in the background and by how many enemies you have to fight.
---
www.morbid-obsession.com
#33Syn_VengeancePosted 9/28/2013 1:54:38 PM
XxAxem_BlackxX posted...
Some of you don't get what makes an action game. The amount of ammo you get has more to do with the difficulty than the action level. REmake would still be a slow paced survival horror game even if it gave you a thousand handgun rounds from the start. It just wouldn't be that hard of a game is all. What makes an action game is mostly decided by the music, by what's going on in the background and by how many enemies you have to fight.

RE3 has plently if action music, not to mention a tyrant walking around with a rocket launcher. Buildings on fire and blowing up, a hospital blown to bits by c4. Helicopters getting shot out of the sky, trollies crashing.

Hell the intro has plenty of guns blaring and explosions going off. RE3 has plenty of action just with lousy controls. Hell game starts with jill action diving out of a building as the front doors explode. Soon as she hits the streets action music kicks in.
---
Platinums: Resident Evil 5, Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City, Resident Evil 6, Resident Evil Revelations.
#34SSJ_JinPosted 9/28/2013 6:38:48 PM
sbn4 posted...
Try again. I've beaten every RE game on the hardest difficult with great success. And being able to make ammo and use it on every enemy in sight makes the game action to me

And RE1 can give you double ammo, plenty of ammo for all enemies. Therefore, RE was never survival horror. It was always action.

Tighter controls in combat that give you better precision in fights makes the game action oriented.

http://i.imgur.com/SNq07.gif

Having the namesake enemy of the game being a bullet soaking tank that carries around a rocket launcher and charges at you makes it action to me. Whether or not you feel the same way is not my concern. If you don't feel that way, that's fine. Don't know why you are arguing my feelings on the subject like it matters.

It clearly is your concern, otherwise you wouldn't be responding. And I'm not arguing anything. I'm just telling you you're flat out wrong that's all. I can also say that Tekken is an RPG, that's my feelings. Am I right?

Yes, I'm glad you understand my point now.

Now? I understood the joke the first time you said it.

Nowhere did I give my stance on the modern RE games nor did I allude to even liking them. You are assuming.

Too bad you've stated numerous times how you like RE5 and think it's the best out of the modern games. I'm assuming nothing.

I'm also not theorizing anything. I personally felt that RE3 and CVX was more action oriented than they are given credit for. I've given my reasons why, so I'm no sure why you can't simply agree to disagree instead of posting asinine gifs.

http://i.imgur.com/A5pV0.gif

And Michael Ironside did stop being the voice of Sam Fisher for that very reason. Or at least that's what he claims in an interview.

Well then I dunno who to believe then. If it's an interview it's obvious. Others said people made that up. Regardless, people still come up with dumb ish on this site.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#35SSJ_JinPosted 9/28/2013 6:40:32 PM
TheSkinniMini1 posted...
What is going on with this post? The bold is what I wrote. Are the responses SSJ Jin's or Edward18?

edward18, he asked me to since his account is banned for however long.
---
#36XxAxem_BlackxXPosted 9/28/2013 7:11:14 PM
Syn_Vengeance posted...
XxAxem_BlackxX posted...

RE3 has plently if action music, not to mention a tyrant walking around with a rocket launcher. Buildings on fire and blowing up, a hospital blown to bits by c4. Helicopters getting shot out of the sky, trollies crashing.

Hell the intro has plenty of guns blaring and explosions going off. RE3 has plenty of action just with lousy controls. Hell game starts with jill action diving out of a building as the front doors explode. Soon as she hits the streets action music kicks in.

RE3 is the most actiony of the old games but it's still not anywhere near as bad as 5 or 6. You're not fighting hordes of enemies constantly like in the new games.
---
www.morbid-obsession.com
#37TheSkinniMini1(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2013 7:48:38 PM
SSJ_Jin posted...
TheSkinniMini1 posted...
What is going on with this post? The bold is what I wrote. Are the responses SSJ Jin's or Edward18?

edward18, he asked me to since his account is banned for however long.

Ahhh, ok.

Also why is everyone arguing over how much action is in the pre RE4 games. On their best day or worst day(depending on how you look at it), these games will never be as actiony as Re4-re6. So does it really matter?
---
---
If I don't agree with you then I'm wrong- that gamer logic (smh). Makes me ashsmed to be connected to such an community at times.
#38sbn4Posted 9/28/2013 8:30:27 PM
I'll put it to you this way Jin. I recently survived a near death experience less than a month ago. No joke. Arguing over an internet message board over something so trivial for more than few posts holds no interest for me anymore. You can call this a cop out for all I care, but I don't want to waste anymore time arguing about this. I'm not trying to change your mind and you definitely haven't come close to changing mine with your arguments and those lame gifs. Clearly I am not alone in this feeling. So.... later.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#39SSJ_JinPosted 9/28/2013 10:47:13 PM
Who's arguing? And good thing you're alive.

edward18 says
"Because of the reaction to the Resident Evil remake, I decided to work more action into Resident Evil 4," he told IGN. "Resident Evil 4 would have been a more scary, horror-focused game if the remake had sold well."

Or if he'd just stuck to the initial beta...

That remake came out for Nintendo GameCube in 2002 and was followed by Resident Evil: Zero, Dead Aim, and two Outbreak titles. Then came RE 4 in 2005, which did incredibly well.

Cause it appealed to the general audience that ruins everything it touches.

Mikami also admitted that the series' evolution and the overall trend of survival-horror games now, like the Dead Space series was a natural progression.

Like hell, it was just change. Natural progression would be slowly working into that kind of gameplay. It was just slapped right on there with no warning what-so-ever.

"I've been looking at the survival-horror genre for a long time," he said. "I don't think it's specifically because developers want to appeal to a wider audience. I think they just want to make their games more fun, and if they're reaching more and more in that direction, they're naturally going to go toward more action."

Or they're going to go more towards puzzle solving and interlocking mazes and such. Fun is different for different audiences.

I've seen a couple of people claiming that Capcom "forced" Shinji Mikami into changing RE3.5 to RE4 and make it more of an action-packed game, well it looks like the changes were by his own well due to RE REmake's poor sales.

So let me get this straight, he gets pissed by Sony asking for Nemesis to be labeled as RE3, so he pushes for Resident Evil to be an exclusive on the weakest console (Gamecube), then he makes RE4 action oriented because of poor sales from REmake.

Did I miss anything?

He always has just been a manipulative drama queen...
---
#40Neutron15Posted 9/30/2013 11:42:44 PM
lol Shinji Mikami, I guess technically REmake was a failure by sales but in gameplay it is "the BOSS"
---
I WISH AGNI'S PHILOSOPHY BECOMES FINAL FANTASY XVI