Should I play as Jake or Sherry?

#1zomborrrPosted 9/27/2013 5:32:48 PM
Currently I'm playing as Sherry, and I'm starting to wonder if there is a difference in the kinds of weapons each character initially uses and picks up. Is it easier to play as Jake than Sherry, or do they play similarly and get the same weapons?
#2yusikoPosted 9/27/2013 8:22:39 PM
they play pretty much exactly the same
even their unique weapons, his fists and her stun rod are controlled the same with the same charge gimmick
though glove weapon has more power her stun rod destroys cocoons before they can hatch and easily set up the enemy for a melee kill

the big difference between the 2 is where they have to split up
the first time it happens jake has to outrun a helicopter shooting at him while sherry.......fights a few generic enemies
the second time jake has to fight tooth and nail to survive against a boss.......sherry has to start a car
the third time jake has to fight a boss alone with his pair hands......sherry presses some buttons

they play similar so there isnt a big difference in who you pick
when they are split up jake tends to get more of the action though
but id still say pick sherry mainly because jake is a poor addition to the series and sherry is great
---
Everybody loves yusiko. To some extent. Eventually that love turns to hate. Back to love and back to murderous intent. ~ yusketeer
#3zomborrr(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2013 12:54:54 AM
I agree! The little helpless girl who can merely push boxes and buttons in Resident Evil 2 grows up to be a badass super girl! I beat the campaign with Sherry, and I actually liked it the most out of all 3 main campaigns. I have not beaten Ada's, but I just started it right after I beat Jake/Sherry's campaign today.
#4cyan1001Posted 9/28/2013 4:26:02 AM
Sherry
#51NN0VAT0RPosted 9/28/2013 5:09:21 PM
jake is better against javos
sure sherry's stun rod might work against cocoons, but you only fight against strelats which are easy as hell to kill. just slide into them and do the melee prompts to kill them.

jake's hand to hand gives him a hell lot of mobility, and his regular pistol packs more punch than the crappy triple shot.

I wouldn't use sherry unless she's wearing the sailor outfit.
---
"The world might have been created last Thursday how would we know the difference?"
Save game/Load game
#6sbn4Posted 9/28/2013 8:33:56 PM
Once upon a time I preferred Sherry over Jake. But the more I played as Jake, the more realized I prefer him. And no lie, I find Jake to actually be the better character between the two despite being a douche. I also concur that I only find Sherry redeeming in her EX outfit.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#7tombrady3to1Posted 9/30/2013 5:07:45 PM
Neither! Bad characters. Just play leon's game and return it. :)
#8ArchiantagonistPosted 9/30/2013 8:10:00 PM
tombrady3to1 posted...
Neither! Bad characters. Just play leon's game and return it. :)

One of the worst advices one player can give to another

On Topic:

Pretty much what sbn said....except for - I don't consider Jake to be a better char by any means,
but he's defly much moe fun to play as
---
--------------------x_0--------------------
#9tombrady3to1Posted 10/9/2013 4:58:48 PM
If you like survival horror, play leon's game and return it. There's nothing else good about this, really. The story is a mess and the rest of the scenarios or whatever are just action.
#10IlDankoPosted 10/9/2013 5:08:53 PM
tombrady3to1 posted...
If you like survival horror, play leon's game and return it. There's nothing else good about this, really. The story is a mess and the rest of the scenarios or whatever are just action.

Leon's is the worst
---
Did I ever told you the definition of insanity?
PSN: Dan21993