Most important character(s) in each game. *Some spoilers are here, beware*

#1TheSkinniMini1Posted 10/6/2013 12:07:33 AM
I'm wondering, who do you all think is the most important character in these respective games. When I say important, I don't mean the main playable character (although they could count), I mean the game's story wouldn't not exist without their presence (assuming the stories were self contained and not connected).

For me it's
RE1: Wesker.
I say Wesker because without him and his betrayal of STARS and working for Umbrella, Chris and Jill wouldn't know about BOWS, the cast would have never learned about Umbrella, Barry would have never had to betray the team, and the deceased S.T.A.R.S members wouldn't even be dead, all because S.T.A.R.S would have never been in the mansion in the first place.
RE2: William Birkin
If it wasn't for Birkin making his virus, most of RE2 would not have happened. Because of him doing this, Umbrella sent Hunk's group to go and assassinate him. They do but then Birkin infects himself with the g-Virus, and one of the vials they stole broke in the sewers during their escape, which is then "eaten" by the rats and that is how the virus reached the city. Basically if Birkin was never making that virus, Ada would have never come to raccoon city, Leon and Claire would have arrived in a normal city and probably never would have met, no Leon and Ada, no Sherry at the police station bc the city wouldn't have been infected, thus she never would have met Claire or even been infected and cure of the g-virus because it wouldn't have existed in the first place.
RE3: Jill and Brad less so
I say Jill and Brad because if it wasn't for them staying behind in Raccoon City, Nemesis would have never been there in the first place. No Jill and Brad in Raccoon City, no Nemesis unleashed, Mikhail would have probably still died but not because of sacrificing himself for Nemesis, and Carlos would have died without being connected to Jill because the only reason she got out the city is because Barry canonly came for her.
RE:CV: Claire and Alexia
If Claire would have never went to Europe and later Antarctica, Chris would have never ran into Wesker again and Steve would have died earlier than he did. Alexia because if it wasn't for her, Alfred wouldn't have been crazy and acting as his sister trying to kill Claire, the T-Veronica Virus would not have been near perfected, and there would have been no reason for Wesker to be in the area, thus no start to Chris and Wesker's rivalry.
RE:Zero: Wesker, Birkin, and James Marcus
LIke for RE1, if it wasnt for Wesker working for Umbrella and trying to get STARS to the mansion, Bravo team would have never been on the helicopter that later crashed, Bravo team would have never seen the the overturn MP van and dead workers, and would have never found out about Billy's existence. Because of this Rebecca boards a train and meets and later forges a bond with Billy. Then the train they were on would have never crashed if it wasn't for James Marcus who had leeches attack the men that Wesker and Birkin sent to the train and control to the train was lost. This leads to Rebecca and Billy going to the training facilty, unknowingly ruining Marcus's plans for revenge, thus putting them in a revenge storyline that had nothing to do with them. Why does Marcus want revenge? because Wesker and Birkin assassinates him and Birkin steals his t-virus research. basically if Marcus never made the t-virus, those two wouldn't have assassinated him and he wouldnt want revenge.

RE4-RE6 is coming up next
---
---
If I don't agree with you then I'm wrong- that gamer logic (smh). Makes me ashsmed to be connected to such an community at times.
#2good_tobiPosted 10/13/2013 5:01:10 PM
RE1 - wesker
RE2- Leon and Ada
RE3- Jill
RE4- Leon
RE5- Chris
RE6- Carla
---
Don't need sharingan to see this.
#3Hewie3Posted 10/13/2013 6:32:31 PM
RE1: Wesker

RE2: Claire, Ada, & Sherry (Without Claire, Sherry would've died, without Leon, Ada would've been more successful, he did nothing but almost get her killed).

RE3: Jill

RE4: Leon & Ada (Leon stopped Saddler & Krauser while Ada prevented Wesker from getting the plaga, though he managed to later anyhow)

RE5: Chris & Sheva (Chris alone wouldn't have made it to the end, Sheva is equally important)

RE6: Sherry, Jake, Carla (Sherry because without her, Jake would've died alone. Carla is the reason everything happened for the most part).
---
PSN ID: LeonHart32
#4sbn4Posted 10/14/2013 9:20:03 AM
RE1: Chris and Wesker
RE2: Birkin
RE3: Jill (but this game was inconsequential to the main story)
RECVX: Ashford family
RE4: not sure
RE5: Wesker, Jill, and Chris
RE6: Simmons, Carla, Jake, and Chris
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#5TheSkinniMini1(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2013 4:28:05 PM
Re4: Saddler, Luis and Ashley ( No Saddler wanting to reach to the U.S president, no need for Krauser to pretend to for Saddler on Wesker's orders thus no need to kidnap Ashley. No Ashley kidnapped, no Leon in Spain looking for her. Also no Luis more or less help making the Las Plagas, no Ada to come get a sample of it).

Re5: Chris (No Chris in Africa, means no search for Jill, no discovery of her and Wesker alive, no saving Jill, and no saving the world from Wesker's plans).

Re:Rev: Morgan and O'Brian (No Morgan working/betraying Veltro would mean no fall of Terragrigia, no Parker, Jessica, and Raymond fighting for their lives, no Norman hiding with evidence. No O'Brian, no one would have been on the Queen Zenobia, no fake Veltro with Raymond acting as a member and said return scaring Morgan, no discovery of Morgan betrayal and part in Terragrigia fall, no finding out Jessica was a traitor, no getting the evidence and jailing Morgan and saving O'Brian, and no Jessica and Raymond getting a T-Abyss sample).

Re6: Ada, Simmons, Carla (no Ada working for and later leaving Simmons, no Simmons getting getting feelings for her and later getting upset that she left and wanting to desperately have her back that he would clone her. With no Simmons, Carla would have never have become an Ada clone and eventually became consume with hate for Simmons and the world and thus unleash the C-Virus. With no Carla, the BSAA boys would have never died, Chris wouldn't have been missing for months, he wouldn't be consumed with hate and want nothing but revenge. Also without her, they would be no reason to look for Jake because the C-Virus would have never been made or if she didn't become a Ada clone she probably wouldn't have released it as a threat. Without her, Ada would have never had to come back around to clear her name.)
---
---
If I don't agree with you then I'm wrong- that gamer logic (smh). Makes me ashsmed to be connected to such an community at times.
#6largerockPosted 10/16/2013 4:16:33 PM
RE1: Barry Burton

RE2: Eh guess this'll be the only serious one. William Birkin

RE3: Nemesis

RE4: Merchant

RE5: VolcanoBoulder

RE6: Finn
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#7KeyToTruth12Posted 10/23/2013 3:07:46 AM
largerock posted...

xD xD xD
---
PSN : KeyToTruth12
Blog: http://www.kevin-win7.com
#8parkourboybryanPosted 10/23/2013 8:03:58 AM
largerock posted...

I knew as soon as I saw your name what you'd put for RE5, and I still laughed. Well done sir.
---
Anxiously awaiting the next Mirror's Edge.
Check out my entertainment blog: http://aicguild.blogspot.com
#9Plant42Posted 10/23/2013 4:17:43 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10arclouks_xPosted 10/27/2013 1:48:29 PM
parkourboybryan posted...
largerock posted...

I knew as soon as I saw your name what you'd put for RE5, and I still laughed. Well done sir.

Damn this one is really funny, dat boulder.
---
PSN:JustArc_
Now playing:Resident Evil 6,Killzone Mercenary.