IMO, Claire's character has been tarnished over the last few years.

#11Volren617Posted 10/7/2013 3:09:18 PM
Well, full points for effort at least. Two giant WoTs is better than most "woe is me" victimhood trolls manage.
#12TheSkinniMini1(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 4:32:48 PM
@CPU-Z

Okay? I really don't post for anyone's respect or likes. You don't have to like what I post, that's fine with me.

What are you talking about? Where did I say I had a problem with CV Claire? Did you really read my post? I said that during that time she was arguably the best presented female character in the series. If you are talking about me saying that her capability levels were over dramatic, they were. Look at the CV opening. There is no way that was just basic military training. Chris definitely did not teach her that stuff. Heck, we never even seen Chris do anything that extreme back in the pre Re4 days. In Degeneration, you're telling me that the average cilivian, even with basic military training would have been able to do what Claire did in that one scene? Rather you like it or not, Claire does exhibit some superhero like attributes at times, but her vulnerable moments do balance her out.

I said the job didn't fit her COMPLETELY. I'm really am starting to wonder if you read what I said. I say this because despite Claire being a kind, caring person, the girl has the skills to be more, to do more. Claire should not be a pacifist while we have characters like Sherry being an active government agent, that's what I was saying. I don't have a huge issue with her job.

Why not count it? It doesn't matter that it's non canon, it still used canon characters and Claire was presented much worse in the game, esp in the Resident Evil 2 section.

Did you see me complain about Claire's Darkside CV outfit? I think that outfit was just great. Claire sexualized in the original CV? Well we'll just agree to disagree. About Chris being sexualized, you could complain, I wouldn't care because it's true, he was. Being sexualized can count for men too.

Claire, Jill, and Rebecca all take the most damage in this game. From that standpoint they are weak compared to the guys and we know they did this because they are female, that's just common sense. Claire shares many moves with Chris yet all of her's are weaker than Chris'. Why? because she's smaller than he is and doesn't have the same amount of muscle mass? Why doesn't she have the same amount of muscle mass, because women can't get the muscle mass men can. That's why I say being female affected her in this game.

Claire could come back if Capcom wanted her to. She could just be a cameo. I don't understand why people are so quick to say such and such story is over. If that was the case, Claire shouldn't have been in Degeneration because she had already found Chris.
You're telling me this and you know I hate the term. I only used it because I know that some people do see it that way. About Ada, I said the same thing, she appears more because she's more relevant to the story. i don't like Ada much but I can't deny what I see.

Oh gosh, I don't think you read my post that well. I only used the excuse of her being female once with the Mercs explanation. I said that I feel she has been mistreated overall in order to make others look better, not because she was female. It's has nothing to do with bias, misinformation, or me being irrational. All of this can be proved by playing those games and watching that movie.

But what I'm trying to figure out is why you are blowing up on me. I not talking about Claire in a negative light. I'm just saying that it sucks to see such a good character be treated so bad by Capcom. If anything, I'm fighting to get the RE2 and Code Veronica Claire back in terms of characterization. You know, the one many say is the most relatable woman in the series. So why are you so mad at my post?
---
---
If I don't agree with you then I'm wrong- that gamer logic (smh). Makes me ashsmed to be connected to such an community at times.
#13TheSkinniMini1(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 5:12:25 PM
SSJ_Jin posted...
TheSkinniMini1 posted...
They even have her put Leon on a pedestal at one point. Remember the line of "I know what Leon would do." Since when is Leon a role model for anyone on how to handle a situation, let alone one for Claire?

Since he saved her life in RE2 and Code Veronica, also becoming a top agent in the government. That's when.

TheSkinniMini1 posted...
Then in the same chapter when Ada appears, Claire is made to look like some jealous insecure ex girlfriend who feels she does not compare to the fabulous Ada.

Wow, not true. Not only did Claire own Leon by addressing his sudden attraction to Ada, that was easily one of the best moments. That's the beauty of Leon and Claire's relationship. There's just sexual tension between them. I especially loved how Degeneration added to it, like Claire winking at Leon and Leon goes deep in thought afterwards, shaking it off. Then the whole "went did you go scuba diving?" part. It needs to be Leon and Claire, not Leon and Ada. I've always felt this way.

Then RE6 comes and she's kind of tarnished there. It's odd that with three of the characters having an immediate connection to her, she doesn't appear in the game or even makes a cameo. Yes she is spoken of in game and in files, but it's like Capcom didn't consider her good enough to actually appear in the game. This was the perfect time to see Claire, yet we don't even get an explanation of where is she at the time or why she wasn't out looking for her missing brother, you know the missing brother that was her reason to be in RE2 and Code Veronica. Claire has always been big on family, yet when her brother is missing for months, she isn't looking for him.

You can just blame RE6 here, really. Notice when Jake and Sherry get captured for 6 months? The game treats it as if they were captured for a day. Literally. Leon sees Sherry and it's just, "oh I heard you became an agent," and not, "Sherry where have you been!?" or Sherry stating she was captured that long. Plus Jake's just like, "WELL...been here for 6 months. Today is the day I'm escaping. Just because."

RE5 is also guilty of something like this. Instead of having Jill fight Wesker, she's replaced with Sheva. Why?

Like I said, this is the same girl who has always followed her own instincts before that moment. You can believe that she should look up to Leon, but I just don't and I didn't like the scene or the line said. Claire sounded like some little girl trying to impress her role model.

You're telling me that my perception, my opinion of their interactions in that scene is wrong? Wow I just can't believe it. Leon and Claire's relationship has sexual tension? If you see that, then more power to you, but I will respectfully disagree. First to me, there is no Leon+Claire in anyway but a friendship. In Degeneration, I don't know what you saw, but I simply saw two friends catching up. If there was any sexual tension in that film, it was between Leon and Angela. BTW, just bc you prefer Leon+Claire, doesn't make my OPINION wrong.

Yeah you can blame RE6 here, but it still doesn't change the fact that she wasn't out looking for her brother and thus making her look bad.

Umm, because Capcom wanted to have Jill as a villian, I don't know. Does it really matter? This has nothing to do with RE5.
---
---
If I don't agree with you then I'm wrong- that gamer logic (smh). Makes me ashsmed to be connected to such an community at times.
#14TheSkinniMini1(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 5:20:08 PM
Volren617 posted...
Well, full points for effort at least. Two giant WoTs is better than most "woe is me" victimhood trolls manage.

I hope this wasn't directed at me because the last thing I'm doing around here is trolling. I am simply sharing my opinion. You all don't have to like or agree with it. IMO Claire as a character has been tarnished and I just want her to be treated better by Capcom. Like I said, if this was directed towards me, who knew that posting an unpopular opinion (although is it really unpopular, many have said Claire's been mistreated lately) that automatically makes you a troll. Sorry for being an individual and not being afraid of posting whatever I want to.

#KanyeShrug
---
---
#15unnamedFerPosted 10/7/2013 5:43:58 PM
I guess capcom is the only one sane that still doesnt take RE's plot seriously.
---
http://killer7.6.forumer.com/
#16TurduckenPosted 10/7/2013 6:05:24 PM
Give me an new canon appearance of her where she's out of character or mistreated (beyond being underused) and we'll talk. Citing UC2 and Mercs doesn't amount to anything.
---
THE FIGHT WILL CONTINUE, AS LONG AS THE AMERICA INSIDE MY HEART IS STILL ALIVE
#17SSJ_JinPosted 10/7/2013 8:41:23 PM
TheSkinniMini1 posted...
Like I said, this is the same girl who has always followed her own instincts before that moment. You can believe that she should look up to Leon, but I just don't and I didn't like the scene or the line said. Claire sounded like some little girl trying to impress her role model.

I didn't see Claire following Leon though. Heck when he gave her the gun she showed off her skills. Tbh, I don't even remember her saying, "what would Leon do." I was just saying that Leon played a big role in her life, (and vice versa) so of course she would think about him.

You're telling me that my perception, my opinion of their interactions in that scene is wrong? Wow I just can't believe it. Leon and Claire's relationship has sexual tension? If you see that, then more power to you, but I will respectfully disagree. First to me, there is no Leon+Claire in anyway but a friendship. In Degeneration, I don't know what you saw, but I simply saw two friends catching up. If there was any sexual tension in that film, it was between Leon and Angela. BTW, just bc you prefer Leon+Claire, doesn't make my OPINION wrong.

Of course! This is GFAQs, what you say is always wrong! Nah, I wasn't really saying your were wrong, poor choice of words on my part. However, if you think about it you and I see the exact same thing in a way. You see her as a jealous ex-girlfriend. Well? That's pretty much the same as me seeing the sexual tension, don't you think?

Yeah you can blame RE6 here, but it still doesn't change the fact that she wasn't out looking for her brother and thus making her look bad.

Umm, because Capcom wanted to have Jill as a villian, I don't know. Does it really matter? This has nothing to do with RE5.
---

It matters because my point was that Capcom's story telling with RE started to fall with RE5, (not that it was great to begin with). Course by saying that I'm sure I attracted the, "uhh RE4's story sucked, it had nothing to do with the others" people, but what those people failed to realize is that the fact that RE4 had nothing to do with the others is the reason it doesn't suck. Because, unlike RE5, RE4 didn't start retconning things and making new canon. All RE4 did was add a new element to RE, i.e. Plagas. RE5 is when things started to go downhill dramatically.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#18TheSkinniMini1(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 8:59:16 PM
unnamedFer posted...
I guess capcom is the only one sane that still doesnt take RE's plot seriously.

So because fans want to try to make sense out of a story for a game we love, it makes us insane? Well then I guess you need to put me in a padded cell. Sorry for wanting more from this series.
---
---
#19CPU-ZPosted 10/7/2013 11:47:28 PM
I brought that up as a mention so you know I had respect for your opinions before regarding Rebecca, but the topic at hand is a different matter.

If you read my post accurately, then nowhere do I mention you had a problem with CV Claire. Yes I read your post. You appear to be the one misinterpreting mine. The CV opening was Claire barely managing to dodge a lot of incoming fire out of sheer luck. And she only received basic military training because Chris taught her some basic things in firearms handling, and hand to hand combat to protect herself. You're making sheer luck out to be something it isn't.

Nowhere do I mention you when I bring up TerraSave. That was a continuation regarding her lack training and her position in TerraSave.

It's because the Darkside Chronicles are nowhere near as accurate as the canon stories. There are many, many discrepancies between the canon stories and it.

I caught you in hole regarding the sexualization for the CV outfits. Both outfits have made her sexualized. What I mentioned about Chris was how silly you were complaining about sexualization regarding Claire. All characters have received sexualization in RE.

They take so much damage because they aren't as physically defensive as HUNK, Chris, Krauser, Barry, or Wesker. It isn't because they're female. They lack muscle tone the guys have. And you're wrong about her damage output versus Chris. Her hits do more damage than Chris, but still suck ass for reasons I mentioned before.

I wouldn't mind seeing her back, but relevancy and something to go off on in story REALLY matter when bringing back a character for a main RE title. Degeneration was nothing more than to see what she was up to. She can come back, but not having much to go off from her last appearance hurts her chances. I wasn't aware you disliked that term.

My last paragraph flat out told you nothing was meant to be offensive. And what you're saying now really contradicts the wording of your two original posts. The way you typed both first posts gave the biggest impression that it was a delusional feminist behind the keyboard, and not the intelligent person I had the pleasure of discussing with before. I don't bother to get mad over the something trivial on the Internet.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/PsychicAuraMaster
Visit my channel for all Mercs 3D related info. I'll be updating constantly.
#20CPU-ZPosted 10/8/2013 12:09:17 AM(edited)
Just one thing to continue before I forget before passing out.

Claire has no reason to fight creatures anymore, nor does she have the experience/training other characters have now. And the thing is she can fight, but needs years of training if she wants to survive another incident. TerraSave works for her.

Oh gosh, I don't think you read my post that well. I only used the excuse of her being female once with the Mercs explanation. I said that I feel she has been mistreated overall in order to make others look better, not because she was female. It's has nothing to do with bias, misinformation, or me being irrational. All of this can be proved by playing those games and watching that movie.

It wasn't entirely about being female. It was the wording you used that gave off of a much different perception than what you were trying to convey. Several things you typed in the two OP sounded like things a delusional feminist would've complained about. They're trivial matters, like sexualization.

Now that your message is clear, then what're you getting at? The latest games she's been in are non canon, and thus have no real impact on the canon at all. There's no need to worry about non canon spinoffs. She wasn't put down in her two canon game appearances. Mercs 3D has little personality in it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/PsychicAuraMaster
Visit my channel for all Mercs 3D related info. I'll be updating constantly.