Killing him was a mistake (Series SPOILERS, you have been warned)

#1zenandiPosted 10/15/2013 8:17:08 AM
Wesker, that is.

Not in a blind fan-boy sorta way, mind.

But objectively, Wesker was the closest thing we've had over the years to any sort of recognisable central villain. (only played the main games though..)

And a respectable villain can only be a good thing -- think Darth Vader, Joker, Magneto, Megatron, Illusive Man etc. When they're in the picture, you bloody paid attention. Wesker, to some extent, had that same kind of appeal.

Simmons, as a contrast, fails miserably, because he's nowhere near being built up enough, but given a boss-fight befitting a major player, when he most definitely was not.

By which I mean, Wesker's fights -- the totality of 7 minutes, you-can't-hide-in-the-shadows, complete-global-saturation, and winnowing --- was not any less tedious and drawn out, as I have hopefully illustrated.

You won't, for instance, put up with Simmons pulling that much c*** or giving that much lip...

And whilst I think it would be downright lame right now to bring him back from the grave, it's time to build someone else up to that level. A new central villain, so to speak.
#2zenandi(Topic Creator)Posted 10/15/2013 8:19:00 AM
*shrugs*

What can I say? I'd like to hear more. .

Ironic thing is, you couldn't play through RE 6 without knowing Wesker died. So, who the hell are the mods trying to protect? lol .

Anyway. Hope you guys comment again.
#3simonbelmont2Posted 10/15/2013 8:23:36 AM
Wesker was certainly better than Simmonds so I agree with that, I felt Wesker as a character was getting kind of stale though to be honest. He is not as complex or interesting as the other iconic villains you mentioned.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#4TurduckenPosted 10/15/2013 8:53:40 AM
Wesker was a dork who was only entertaining in one game because DC Douglas devoured the scenery. With him dead, we have a chance to actually have a good villain in the series. Just because they haven't done it yet doesn't mean people should be pining for a crappy one that managed to overstay his welcome.
---
THE FIGHT WILL CONTINUE, AS LONG AS THE AMERICA INSIDE MY HEART IS STILL ALIVE
#5sbn4Posted 10/15/2013 9:06:22 AM
^ Agreed with this. I liked how well DC Douglass did with Wesker. He was so amazingly hammy it was great. Its the only thing I like about the character. He was only "interesting" when he was mysterious and not much was known about him. The same thing happens with Ada and HUNK.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#6zenandi(Topic Creator)Posted 10/15/2013 9:12:39 AM
Turducken posted...
Wesker was a dork who was only entertaining in one game because DC Douglas devoured the scenery. With him dead, we have a chance to actually have a good villain in the series. Just because they haven't done it yet doesn't mean people should be pining for a crappy one that managed to overstay his welcome.

To be sure, they haven't done it yet for SIX games. And Wesker didn't exactly dominate screen time in all six games.
#7TurduckenPosted 10/15/2013 9:36:47 AM
He didn't need to, though. The fact that they tried to make everything that ever happened all part of his master plan was about when it was time to say bye-bye. The perfect chance to tell, don't show was Wesker. He's allegedly a mastermind behind everything and 20 steps ahead of everyone always, but whenever you see him he's a cartoony buffoon who probably rages at Chris if they're out of eggs at the supermarket.
---
#8zenandi(Topic Creator)Posted 10/15/2013 9:44:01 AM
Turducken posted...
He didn't need to, though. The fact that they tried to make everything that ever happened all part of his master plan was about when it was time to say bye-bye. The perfect chance to tell, don't show was Wesker. He's allegedly a mastermind behind everything and 20 steps ahead of everyone always, but whenever you see him he's a cartoony buffoon who probably rages at Chris if they're out of eggs at the supermarket.

Actually was responding to your last line about not having a good villain yet...

But lol yes, RE 5 kinda damaged Wesker beyond repair in the worse way possible. By the end, death was merciful for the deluded comic book villain he had become.
#9TurduckenPosted 10/15/2013 9:46:55 AM
Oh. Read too fast, I guess.

But no, no. RE5 was that only time he was entertaining. God, if he was like that all along I probably would still want him around. The rest of his appearances he was just Blando McDiscountbondvillain. MMM ALL ACCORDING TO PLAN YES zzzz.
---
#10unnamedFerPosted 10/15/2013 9:59:00 AM
Turducken posted...
Oh. Read too fast, I guess.

But no, no. RE5 was that only time he was entertaining. God, if he was like that all along I probably would still want him around. The rest of his appearances he was just Blando McDiscountbondvillain. MMM ALL ACCORDING TO PLAN YES zzzz.

That Jill+Wesker fight was awesome.

Id rather see ada die instead, many times.
---
http://killer7.6.forumer.com/