Chris ending discussion (SPOILERS)

#1CHAOSnPANCAKESPosted 10/18/2013 5:47:41 PM
Finally got around to beating Chris's campaign, so sorry if there has already been 100 topics about this. But man, did anybody else get the feels after that ending? Imo, I thought it would have made more sense for Chris to sacrifice himself than Piers; but man those feels... Thoughts?
#2sbn4Posted 10/18/2013 5:57:25 PM
The only decent ending in the game so it wins by default. I think it was pretty well done all around, but I'd rather it have been Piers. It makes no sense to get rid of an iconic character over a new comer who is just a younger version of Chris.

Overall, I felt campaign had several moments. I felt Ada's Trap, Conflict, and the few scenes before the ending (including the ending) were all pretty good.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#3hera18Posted 10/18/2013 6:01:20 PM
Well it was sad that Piers had to die when he's actually a great guy when Chris was clouded with his desire for revenge. But there's one thing I noticed with Chris, that there always has to be someone who sacrifices for him. Like when Jill tackled Wesker out of the window, and when Sheva decided to just let go and take Wesker with her out of the plane, and now Piers had to be left inside the facility so that Chris could survive. But I don't know, it's just me.
---
Take it from me. You're always better off with a really good lie.
#4saleonkennedyPosted 10/19/2013 12:29:59 AM
It was not bad. The best endings i think. I would have wished leons to have ended differently. Maybe he arrives home and sees ada and the two walk inside. Then end credits. That would have been better than the graveyard scene.
---
Not changing this sig until Leon Kennedy is in a fighting game. Started 7/14/2013
#5riddlebox89Posted 10/19/2013 3:17:39 AM
If by "dem feels" you mean relief that Piers is dead because he was pretty damn annoying? Yeah I got dem feels pretty good.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#6FearOfTheLightPosted 10/19/2013 4:17:11 AM
I half expected him to be the one converted you know. With all that 'elevator talk' of passing on the torch etc...

However, much like Jill's shocking implementation in RE5 LoN...I'd wager that most of the fans would've struck backlash to see a longtime protagonist gone.

That said, it was kind of sad to see how Piers ends up all because they chose to finish off Carla's pet abomination.

I actually wish Jake had been the one to 'volunteer' offing the monstrosity at Sherry's protests.....and barely survive the end, cause you know 'Weskerblood syndrome'...
---
---
"When I'm walking a dark road, I am a man who walks alone" - Iron Maiden
#7ArchiantagonistPosted 10/19/2013 5:47:31 AM
sbn4 posted...
The only decent ending in the game so it wins by default. I think it was pretty well done all around, but I'd rather it have been Piers. It makes no sense to get rid of an iconic character over a new comer who is just a younger version of Chris.

Completely disagree

Instead of making Chris gone like a hero [], they chose to shove
irrelevant generic tool down fandom's throat by the single act of his sacrifice.
Sorry to say, but it didn't work. For me, that ending didn't make Peirs a better char.
All it did is - now sacrifice means practically nothing in RE.
At least gay guys like this "tragic" bromance...
---
--------------------x_0--------------------
#8parkourboybryanPosted 10/19/2013 6:25:33 AM
Archiantagonist posted...
sbn4 posted...

Completely disagree

irrelevant generic tool down fandom's throat by the single act of his sacrifice.
Sorry to say, but it didn't work. For me, that ending didn't make Peirs a better char.

Honestly, this. Were it not for Piers' sacrifice, his character would've been completely unremarkable. I hated his character, his development, and I feel than Helena and Sheva were much better characters than him. And I can't believe I'm saying this, but as much as I despise Jake, I still like him over Piers.
---
Anxiously awaiting the next Mirror's Edge.
Check out my entertainment blog: http://aicguild.blogspot.com
#9sbn4Posted 10/19/2013 8:56:54 AM
Nowhere did I say I liked Piers or said he was a good character. I simply stated that Chris dying is stupid. In general I dislike it when tortured characters die. For some reason, I feel some of the best character development comes from being tortured. And to have a guy go through as much crap as Chris has, only to die (whether it be heroic or not) is really lame. Same goes for Jill or Leon.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#10caffiend7Posted 10/19/2013 11:22:11 AM
parkourboybryan posted...
Archiantagonist posted...
sbn4 posted...

Completely disagree

Honestly, this. Were it not for Piers' sacrifice, his character would've been completely unremarkable. I hated his character, his development, and I feel than Helena and Sheva were much better characters than him. And I can't believe I'm saying this, but as much as I despise Jake, I still like him over Piers.

Really, Helena is better than Piers? Surely you just