Does anyone think we will actually see a GOOD resident evil game again?

#1Coryo61827Posted 11/12/2013 7:06:41 PM
Topic. I know they're saying they're going back to its roots for resident evil 7 but can you blame me for still being skeptical?

It's sad that this used to be my favorite videogame series and now I know I won't preorder resident evil anymore.

I just miss resident evil games that are so good that they essentially become a part of pop culture.

I'm dying to see what they really have planned for resident evil 7 cause I want to see what route they're going to take. I hope they can prove me wrong and somehow peak my interest again.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12
#2FearOfTheLightPosted 11/12/2013 7:33:55 PM
Capcom have found themselves in a bit of a jam.

Between catering to the needs of nostalgic fans who wish to go 'old school' and following through on their beliefs that 'zombies are done...we need to move on' they're really between a rock and a hard place here.

What they should've done is split this series into two franchises. One that focuses on Bio-terror outbreaks from Civilians/Victims perspective and the other that focuses on the Military's/Private Corps. perspective.

That way you've got a Call of Duty style layout (Modern Warfare---/---Black Ops franchises). That could please both types of fan bases.
---
---
"When I'm walking a dark road, I am a man who walks alone" - Iron Maiden
#3G1ingyPosted 11/12/2013 10:19:50 PM(edited)
But I actually liked this game...I mean, maybe Chris's campaign is a little bit on the CoD side, but you know what? Do enemies in CoD sprout a crazy insect monster from their torso when you blow their heads off? Do enemies in CoD sprout moth wings from their legs when you blow their legs off? Do enemies in CoD turn into a cocoon and become a crazy lizard monster?

No they don't.

While it's true this game isn't nearly as good as Resident Evil 4 on the Wii(which is the BEST version), I see this game in the same level as Resident Evil 5. Which I enjoyed.
#4sbn4Posted 11/12/2013 10:16:59 PM
I don't know why people make statements like this. RE4 and RE5 may not have been what fans are looking for, but they are certainly not bad games. RE6 is the first game in the series that kind of sucked.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#5edward18Posted 11/13/2013 12:49:07 AM
Because 4 and 5 are crap as RE games.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#6zenandiPosted 11/13/2013 2:46:14 AM
As long as you listen to people who can't do QTE to save their lives, and don't appreciate Mercs, you won't see a "good" one for a good while.
#7Spade59Posted 11/13/2013 7:47:30 AM
lol @ people trying to undermine or trivialize RE's issues.

Operation Raccoon City and RE6 were disgusting. RE5, while a decent game, is bland as hell. Mercs 3D was a terribly shameless cash-in. Revelations was a breath of fresh air, but it was still plagued by shootouts and rail segments.

To answer TC, no. Capcom no longer has the talent to make a decent horror game, much less a shooter on the level of CoD, GoW or Battlefield. Riding on Resident Evil's brand name, I expect them to be stuck with hybrid garbage desperately trying to appeal to every clique in existence.

Don't mind the PR who stated nonsense about focus or the core fanbase. The same things were said about RE6.
#8edward18Posted 11/13/2013 8:21:16 AM
As long as you listen to people who can't do QTE to save their lives, and don't appreciate Mercs, you won't see a "good" one for a good while.

Quick Time Events shouldn't be part of the series to begin with and Mercenaries is just a bonus game.

Operation Raccoon City and RE6 were disgusting. RE5, while a decent game, is bland as hell.

That's how it's been since 4.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#9zenandiPosted 11/13/2013 8:34:12 AM
edward18 posted...
Mercenaries is just a bonus game.

To you. See what I mean? Folks like you don't get it.

Modern RE has an unfortunate rift in what the game mechanics are capable of and what a survival horror should play like. Mercenaries IS the game's natural environment, not the stupid campaign you're all crying over.
#10theotherpromisePosted 11/13/2013 8:55:23 AM
The only way I see us not getting a good resident evil game is if no more Resident Evil games come out, since I like all of the main titles (except maybe 3). I think Capcom will be best off splitting the franchise, like FearOfTheLight suggested, but into the mainline games, that focus on co-op and large scale conflicts, and Revelation like games, that focus more on horror and are smaller scale.
---
Animal Crossing New Leaf DC: 5400-2261-0642 (Kingdom Hearts town with Mass Effect, Silent Hill, Fatal Frame, and Kingdom Hearts houses)