Does anyone think we will actually see a GOOD resident evil game again?

#111GiftedACIIIPosted 12/13/2013 1:11:16 PM
edward18 posted...
Luddites do not exist in the video game community.

If someone did a drinking game for every time you have posted this, they'd die of blood poisoning.
#112edward18Posted 12/13/2013 1:53:54 PM
Good for them.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#113IlDankoPosted 12/13/2013 2:08:15 PM
GiftedACIII posted...
edward18 posted...

If someone did a drinking game for every time you have posted this, they'd die of blood poisoning.

It would be a hell of a game
---
Just when you think you've left me blind, I will keep you in the corner of my eye.
PSN: Dan21993
#114GiftedACIIIPosted 12/13/2013 2:10:25 PM
IlDanko posted...
GiftedACIII posted...
edward18 posted...

It would be a hell of a game

I'll give you that.
#115DethroneRoyaltyPosted 12/13/2013 8:32:10 PM
This is a GOOD Resident Evil game, don't want it? don't buy it!
---
Vincit Omnia Veritas
#116YaBreakinYoNeckPosted 12/16/2013 4:57:13 PM
Oh man, how did I not see this? And I'm SSJ, btw Goldie. Have to use the troll account now lol.

Goldsickle posted...
If you lack the capabilities to understand, then let me tell you.

Only titles that sold at least a million copies are on that list.
Gold/Alternative version didn't sell a million (I didn't buy it either and just downloaded the extras via DLC), so it's not in the list.

And can you prove that the Gold editions sales were totaled together with the original release of RE5?
You can't.

Aww...unfortunately for you....I can. I lack the capabilities to understand? I think it's the other way around. Where's the common sense, Goldie? You honestly think that out of 6.5 million, 6.5 MILLION units, no one bought the Gold Edition? That's all RE5 standard? Really? Really? That's....that's just hilarious. Gold Edition couldn't sell a million....everyone who bought RE5 didn't go with the up to date version and instead went with the standard. 6.5 million people did....not even a million got the gold...*siiiiiiigh*

Allow me to introduce myself, I am the one! Oh wait, Chamillionaire reference, my bad. What I meant to say is, allow me to introduce the proof:

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html

Notice anything about the platform? PS3...Xbox...and.....what's this? DL? Scroll down and....DL is full game download. PSN, Xbox, etc. So now there's this, (I think it'll let me post a link):

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/search/f=%5Eresident%2Bevil%2B5%7Cbucket~games

.....Now what are we looking at? Why we're looking at RE5 on PSN of course. Now what do we see? We can see that RE5, standard, is not available for download. *gasp* But guess what is available for download? Dun, dun , dun, survey says?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pBWGp7vDKI

Gold Edition. (btw, keep that music playing in another tab/window as you read on)

Done. Already proven. But just for kicks, (and I can't deny any possibility that could potentially prove me wrong) Xbox is a little different though:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Search?query=resident%20evil%205

As you see, the boxart for RE5 is the standard. There's no Gold Edition available. But take a look at the date it has for RE5. March 29, 2010. RE5 was released in 2009. But guess when Gold Edition came out? March 9, 2010. I actually had done this on Xbox, (oh the lengths I go through for this courtroom drama, i.e. GameFAQs, but hey, that's the fun in it for me) and it said the download size was 6.5 gigs. On the back of RE5 standard for PS3, it says at least 5 gigs. Therefore, although it's the standard box, the Xbox might, and I say might, be in fact the Gold Edition.

Regardless, the PS3 store is proof in itself. You should also note that Japan's Gold Edition was dubbed the Alternate Edition, (something like that) which would no doubt also be included in these sales.

Really, to think the 6.5 million was for the regular edition of RE5 is hilariously ridiculous. Like people wouldn't know to get the Gold Edition instead.

Sorry, Goldie, my friend. Capcom has altered their sales to make RE5 look more favorable. It included all the versions and platforms for RE5, but it didn't do that for others such as RE2. This is also evident by the fact that RE4 was split three times on that list rather than being together like RE5. Not to mention the RE4 sales doesn't include the HD version. Or I guess PC either, (although 5 doesn't have PC listed).

There's your proof and "lack of understanding." The list is, although as close as we can get I guess, forged incorrectly by Capcom for some reason to benefit RE5. Probably other games as well.

The defense rests.
---
See? You can make a good decision when you try.
-The Joker
#117so_realPosted 12/17/2013 4:03:49 PM
Capcom will never make a focused RE again because they're too busy looking at other franchises to try and sell the series. Chances are the next one will be TLoU with RE6 action, "draw a straight line" level design, and Chris/Leon returning and ready to kick some ass. Big time.

I'll happily eat my words if they can recreate the perfect atmosphere like they used to, but I doubt it. They need to stop copying and innovate. That's what made RE4 such a success, for better or worse in retrospect of the series' direction.
#118GoldsicklePosted 12/24/2013 2:55:02 AM(edited)
YaBreakinYoNeck posted...
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Search?query=resident%20evil%205

By posting that XBL Marketplace link, you proved yourself wrong.
It shows that the 'vanilla' edition of RE5 is available for DL.

"DL" in the Platinum Titles list most likely refers to the XBL RE5.

Therefore, although it's the standard box, the Xbox might, and I say might, be in fact the Gold Edition.

Now you're just punching through the bottom of the barrel.
Shouldn't it be common knowledge by now that you can't get the "true" Gold Edition on the 360?

Due to the 360's medium (DVD), it lacks disc space to have all the DLC extra, unlike the PS3 version where "Gold Edition" means everything available from the get-go.
So whenever you buy a physical copy of the "Gold Edition" on the 360, you're just buying vanilla RE5 with free download codes for all the other extras.

RE5 on XBL is 6.75GB, which is about the disc space limit of a 360 game, circa 2009 (6.8GB).

So there's no doubt that the RE5 available on XBL is the 'vanilla' version.

Really, to think the 6.5 million was for the regular edition of RE5 is hilariously ridiculous.

Ridiculous if you're living under a goddamn rock.

RE5 got up to 5 million copies in around two months after it was released.
By late September 2009, the game already sold 5.2 million copies.
You know, months before the Gold Edition was even released.

With how the vanilla version is cheap and easily available on XBL, it's not much of a stretch for the game to sell 1.3 million more copies in the next 3 years, won't it?

So yeah, in addition to "lack of understanding", now you're displaying "pathetic desperation".
You're just grabbing whatever data you can on the net that seems to prove your point of view without making doubly sure.
This is how you set yourself up for a curb stomp when you disagreed that Metal Gear only became a stealth game due to the MSX's hardware limitations.

All the overconfident theatrics only makes it more embarrassing.

Does it piss you off that much that RE5 outsold the older RE games?

Well, deal with it.

Have to use the troll account now lol.

If this is your "troll" account, it should speak volumes about the other account that's "unusable" for some reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pBWGp7vDKI

Cute, little that you realize that this song is playing for a turnabout against you, eh?
I guess Ace Attorney media will remind you of your defeat from now on.
---
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
#119edward18Posted 12/24/2013 9:06:53 AM

You're just grabbing whatever data you can on the net that seems to prove your point of view without making doubly sure.

like you...
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#120Spade59Posted 12/24/2013 12:33:35 PM(edited)
so_real posted...
Capcom will never make a focused RE again because they're too busy looking at other franchises to try and sell the series. Chances are the next one will be TLoU with RE6 action, "draw a straight line" level design, and Chris/Leon returning and ready to kick some ass. Big time.

I'll happily eat my words if they can recreate the perfect atmosphere like they used to, but I doubt it. They need to stop copying and innovate. That's what made RE4 such a success, for better or worse in retrospect of the series' direction.

It isn't likely to happen considering the current state of Capcom. They've been a disgrace for quite a while now, it really isn't even a question.

They need actual talent, of which they have almost none.

Of course you'll have drones who gobble up every rehash of this now soulless and low-quality franchise telling themselves they like it. RE6 and ORC are prime examples.

I mean nobody honestly believes RE6 would have garnered the passable, yet considered mediocre sales by Capcom's standards (as if they even have a right to standards at this point), were it not for Resident Evil's brand name.

DethroneRoyalty posted...
This is a GOOD Resident Evil game, don't want it? don't buy it!

Oh look, exhibit A.