Does anyone think we will actually see a GOOD resident evil game again?

#121Syn_VengeancePosted 12/24/2013 12:46:31 PM
Spade59 posted...
so_real posted...
Capcom will never make a focused RE again because they're too busy looking at other franchises to try and sell the series. Chances are the next one will be TLoU with RE6 action, "draw a straight line" level design, and Chris/Leon returning and ready to kick some ass. Big time.

I'll happily eat my words if they can recreate the perfect atmosphere like they used to, but I doubt it. They need to stop copying and innovate. That's what made RE4 such a success, for better or worse in retrospect of the series' direction.

It isn't likely to happen considering the current state of Capcom. They've been a disgrace for quite a while now, it really isn't even a question.

They need actual talent, of which they have almost none.

Of course you'll have drones who gobble up every rehash of this now soulless and low-quality franchise telling themselves they like it. RE6 and ORC are prime examples.

I mean nobody honestly believes RE6 would have garnered the passable, yet considered mediocre sales by Capcom's standards (as if they even have a right to standards at this point), were it not for Resident Evil's brand name.

DethroneRoyalty posted...
This is a GOOD Resident Evil game, don't want it? don't buy it!

Oh look, exhibit A.

So because you dont like means the people who do are drones? By the way I still play and enjoy both ORC and RE6, They may not be great games but they are still enjoyable to me.

So if Im a drone for liking both games then you are a whining crybaby for not liking them.

See how that works?
---
Playing Resident Evil 6, Need for Speed Rivals, Battlefield 4, Splinter Cell Blacklist
#122YaBreakinYoNeckPosted 12/24/2013 3:05:22 PM
Goldsickle posted...
By posting that XBL Marketplace link, you proved yourself wrong.

Except....that I didn't. Even if your statements on Xbox is true, (which I clearly noted I could be mistaken) how does this automatically make the PSN void? You know, where vanilla isn't available and Gold Edition is? It doesn't.

I'm right. You're wrong. As usual.

So yeah, in addition to "lack of understanding", now you're displaying "pathetic desperation".
You're just grabbing whatever data you can on the net that seems to prove your point of view without making doubly sure.
This is how you set yourself up for a curb stomp when you disagreed that Metal Gear only became a stealth game due to the MSX's hardware limitations.

Oh ya, curb stomp. I sure do get curb stomped by you a lot.

All the overconfident theatrics only makes it more embarrassing.

Does it piss you off that much that RE5 outsold the older RE games?

Well, deal with it.

It didn't. Does it piss you off? RE4 sold the most.

If this is your "troll" account, it should speak volumes about the other account that's "unusable" for some reason.

What can I say? I ran into a crybaby who decided to run to the mods.

Cute, little that you realize that this song is playing for a turnabout against you, eh?
I guess Ace Attorney media will remind you of your defeat from now on.

Pro Tip: Ignoring the fact that Gold Edition is only available on PSN =/= you right. Gold Edition is included in the list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq1jknZp0ic

Accept it. You've been curb stomped. With a two step and A-Town stomp in there.

The defense rests.
---
See? You can make a good decision when you try.
-The Joker
#123YaBreakinYoNeckPosted 12/24/2013 3:12:21 PM
Wait a minute....have you ever caught a case of someone else's ludicrous logic and didn't bother to just stop and think for a second? Well I just did.

Goldsickle said...
So whenever you buy a physical copy of the "Gold Edition" on the 360, you're just buying vanilla RE5 with free download codes for all the other extras.

*siiiiiigh*

LOL. Thanks for proving my point that Gold Edition on Xbox is included in the sales as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Resident-Evil-Gold-Edition-Xbox-360/dp/B002Z7BE1U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1387922911&sr=8-1&keywords=resident+evil+5+gold+edition+xbox+360

Yes, you get RE5 and the DLC. But you're buying this voucher. It's the Gold Edition voucher.

Dat curb stomp!
---
-The Joker
#124LeftiesRulePosted 12/24/2013 7:16:05 PM
Goldsickle posted...
Does it piss you off that much that RE5 outsold the older RE games?

Well, deal with it.

Does it piss You off so much that the older RE games are better than 5?

Well they are, so deal with it.
#125GoldsicklePosted 12/24/2013 9:21:37 PM
YaBreakinYoNeck posted...
how does this automatically make the PSN void?

You illiterate?

I already said that "DL" in the Platinum Titles page is most likely referring to XBL's vanilla RE5.
Following the rules of that list, Gold Edition on PSN would be listed separately (in fact, counted as a separate title).

If they didn't include the PC version into the sales total simply because it was released months later, then obviously they didn't include the Gold Edition, because it was released around a year later.

Does it piss you off? RE4 sold the most.

By Guinness's own personal standards that may or may not fit general business criteria.
By general standards, RE5 is the best seller.

The Platinum Titles list isn't some sort of "leaderboard" or "Achievements" page from Capcom to brag about sales.
It's a list aimed at investors, since it's a branch of the "Investor Relations" page.
Other companies like Konami and Square Enix has these pages too.

It's utterly stupid to think that they'd mix sales totals for lols or as some people say, "to justify the new RE over the old ones".
They need to follow strict criteria and rules to list their titles for investors to see.

Like it or not, console versions of vanilla RE5 sold 5 million copies on it's own before neither the PC version nor the Gold Edition was released.

Thanks for proving my point that Gold Edition on Xbox is included in the sales as well.

Didn't I already mentioned about it in my last post?
It's physical copy only.

LeftiesRule posted...
Does it piss You off so much that the older RE games are better than 5?

"Better" is subjective and isn't a valid argument.

Also, I don't have any reason to be pissed anymore than you, since the older titles are no longer being developed, while newer ones are.
Even the original staff like Shinji Mikami and Hiroyuki Kobayashi were already tired of the old school format, so there's really no one left at Capcom to produce the old school style.
More reasons for you to be pissed.
---
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
#126YaBreakinYoNeckPosted 12/24/2013 10:35:01 PM
Goldsickle posted...
You illiterate?

I already said that "DL" in the Platinum Titles page is most likely referring to XBL's vanilla RE5.
Following the rules of that list, Gold Edition on PSN would be listed separately (in fact, counted as a separate title).

LOL! No really, LOL! This is why you're never taken seriously by anyone. Oh the lengths you go through to try and twist facts to be right. How sad. I think the question is...are YOU illiterate? Taken from the page:

DL(Full-game download) includes Playstation Network, Xbox Live, WiiWare and all digital download units on Wii U, 3DS and PC etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cofz_YxBXa0

There is no "most likely referring" to nonsense that you keep pulling from your delusional world of Candy Land. PSN sales are in there. And so are the Xbox ones. The ones where people purchase the Gold Edition voucher.

By Guinness's own personal standards that may or may not fit general business criteria.
By general standards, RE5 is the best seller.

....lmao, what is this "Guinness" and "general" standards you speak of? Obviously you're referring to "Goldsickle's Standards" because in the real world there's only one standard that businesses follow and that's sales. RE4 holds the record for "Best Selling" in the Guinness Book and Capcom's page clearly says "sales." The list is altered by Capcom. Heck, the fact that RE4, (for example) is split and is not bundled is proof in itself.

Does that upset you? It looks like it does.

The Platinum Titles list isn't some sort of "leaderboard" or "Achievements" page from Capcom to brag about sales.

In the home video game market, sales of more than one million units is the generally accepted standard for a major hit. Since Capcom's inception, we have created many of these titles, including Street Fighter and Resident Evil. With more than 60 titles that have sold more than one million units, Capcom stands alone in the video game industry. This page lists these hit titles by sales volume and presents packages, moving and still images, and other information about these games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAlTOfl9F2w

It's utterly stupid to think that they'd mix sales totals for lols or as some people say, "to justify the new RE over the old ones".
They need to follow strict criteria and rules to list their titles for investors to see.

Keep listing "Goldsickle's Standards" from Candy Land. These rules and regulations are quite fascinating.

Like it or not, console versions of vanilla RE5 sold 5 million copies on it's own before neither the PC version nor the Gold Edition was released.

Who cares? I don't care if RE5 sold 6,499,999 units and Gold Edition sold 1. The fact is that Capcom merged all versions of RE5 together, (as well as 6) and they split the previous games apart.

I'm right and you're wrong. That's all that matters. lol
---
-The Joker
#127GoldsicklePosted 12/25/2013 12:29:55 AM
YaBreakinYoNeck posted...
Oh the lengths you go through to try and twist facts to be right.

You're the one who has yet to explicitly prove that the Gold Edition is lobbed together with the vanilla RE5.

Your logic was that "only the Gold Edition is available for DL" but that's proven wrong because the RE5 in XBL is vanilla only.

So it's as I said, "DL" on the Platinum List is most likely referring to the RE5 available on XBL.

Sure, Gold Edition is the only one available on PSN but where is that evidence that they mix up the sales total for the vanilla and Gold together?

Your supposed "proof" for that is how "ridiculous" it is for RE5's vanilla console versions hitting 6.5 million sales on it's own, when it's very plausible, since they already hit 5 million after two months of it's release (months before the PC and the Gold Edition).

Other games in the list also increases it's sold units gradually, like how DMC4 sold additional 400,000 units while the vanilla SFIV sold 600,000, between 2009 and now.
I should note that vanilla SFIV's sales continue climbing even after Super SFIV was released (following the Platinum Title's criteria, Super SFIV is listed separately).
Since RE is a more popular franchise, vanilla RE5 getting 1.3 million additional copies in 3-4 years isn't a stretch.

So, what do you have left other than suspicions and claims?

RE4 holds the record for "Best Selling" in the Guinness Book and Capcom's page clearly says "sales."

Which is calculated using it's own criteria that may not apply to business standards.

I think I have made it clear that only releases that sold over a million copies are in that list.
Not all incarnations of RE4 are on that list because they didn't sell a million copies, like the PC version and HD ports.

In the home video game market,...

Yeah, thanks for copy/pasting the description that anyone can read.

I think what you're looking for are proof that Capcom's list is erroneous, which you don't have.

Keep listing "Goldsickle's Standards" from Candy Land.

You just keep going and going.
Companies can get into lawsuits the second investors start to suspect that a company's Investor Relations page contains misleading data.

You really think Capcom would risk mixing units just to "boost RE5's sales to justify the new direction"?
Investors have means to verify if the data is right.

Following your dumb logic, why don't they mix the sales of the PC version as well?
Wouldn't that really help "boost the sales total to justify new RE"?

Common sense dictates that since the PC version is released about 6 months later, it's considered a "separate release" and isn't in the Platinum List since the PC version didn't sell 1 million copies.
But I'm dying to know what kind of made-up bulls*** you have to explain that.

Anyone else with common sense would immediately think "RE5 Gold Edition isn't in the list because it didn't sell a million copies".
With all the hints and examples of how the list is formatted, crassly assuming some conspiracy theory about mixing up units to boost sales total for sinister plans is something only a skewed idiot would do.
---
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
#128edward18Posted 12/25/2013 12:42:09 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#129DethroneRoyaltyPosted 12/30/2013 7:24:49 PM
This is a GOOD Resident Evil game.
---
Vincit Omnia Veritas
#130edward18Posted 12/30/2013 8:00:16 PM
HA!
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai