This game worth picking up on PSN?

#1Ghaszaszh_NyirhPosted 11/25/2013 3:53:35 PM
Seems like the backlash against this game is even worse than the one against RE5 when that was released. I found RE5 to be so-so, but I was satisfied with RE4. RE3: Nemesis is my favorite in the series and I'm hopeful that Ustanak recreates some of the scares from that game.

Would this be worth trying out or should I pass on this like I did Operation: Raccoon City?
---
Ghaszaszh Nyirh. Of the Old Ones, the scrolls say that he loved the debasement of his slaves the best. And they go to him willingly.
#2SoulidarityPosted 11/25/2013 3:55:33 PM
Ustanak does capture a bit of the stalker feel of Nemesis and Mr X, but its nowhere near as intense or scary
---
Playing: Alternating between GTA V, RE 4-6, and GT 5
PSN: soulidarity
#3GoldsicklePosted 11/25/2013 4:21:43 PM
Ghaszaszh_Nyirh posted...
Would this be worth trying out or should I pass on this like I did Operation: Raccoon City?

There has been a lot of "this game isn't as bad as the backlash made it out to be" threads here.

You might feel the same way.
---
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
#4IlDankoPosted 11/25/2013 7:26:04 PM
It's not a bad game, at least not as bad as reviews paint it... Actually its quite enjoyable when you play it.
---
Did I ever told you the definition of insanity?
PSN: Dan21993
#5SlNFULPosted 11/25/2013 8:19:29 PM
too many "nostalgia" (however you spell it xD) fans not enough actual gamers being honest with themselves RE lost its "horror theme" title long time ago it doesnt make any since to keep being afraid of something your used to see and this game atleast RE 5 n 6 wasnt meant to be scary at all cause eventually that wears off much like any horror movie unless you just scare easy idk lol but yea they went more in an action n less helpless against the creatures seeing your playing with veteran char not newbies xD
---
Lying, cheating, stealing and greedy...yup that's human nature for ya xD
#6Keroro_2350Posted 11/26/2013 12:49:29 AM
In terms of gameplay, this is one of the best IMO.

But in terms of story, it's ridiculous on certain part and some doesn't even make sense.
#7SlNFULPosted 11/26/2013 12:56:40 AM
Story seems to be the least important thing on my mind when I play any game in this case I understood the point of it but it didn't grab my attention enough to care how good or bad it was all that seems to matter is good guys vs bad guys who will prevail? thats what it always come down to xD
---
Lying, cheating, stealing and greedy...yup that's human nature for ya xD
#8IlDankoPosted 11/26/2013 2:04:54 AM
^

For me it is exactly the opposite. I basically play RE is for the story, and to be honest 4 and 6 let me down with it... 5 at least tried to go back to the main plot, but after I knew of the plot they threw to the garbage with the beta version I can't see the game in the same way I did back then.
---
Did I ever told you the definition of insanity?
PSN: Dan21993
#9David2929Posted 11/28/2013 12:15:24 PM
SlNFUL posted...
too many "nostalgia" (however you spell it xD) fans not enough actual gamers being honest with themselves RE lost its "horror theme" title long time ago it doesnt make any since to keep being afraid of something your used to see and this game atleast RE 5 n 6 wasnt meant to be scary at all cause eventually that wears off much like any horror movie unless you just scare easy idk lol but yea they went more in an action n less helpless against the creatures seeing your playing with veteran char not newbies xD

Idk about RE5 not being meant to be scary. I seem to remember an interview or something with the developers where they said they were tired of scary games always being in dark places and instead were going to try to scare the player in broad daylight. Of course that fell flat on it's face xD

Even my friend who's easily scared by almost anything scary had absolutely no problem playing it. xD
---
Tonight after awhile ima knock you in the head, then... GRANDE TACO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUcszN8jRB8
#10Spade59Posted 11/29/2013 11:20:07 AM
SlNFUL posted...

Excuse me while I scratch out my eyes.