Is this game worse of better than RE5?

#41LeftiesRulePosted 12/1/2013 8:34:45 PM
skermac posted...
So you don't agree with him 100% then.

More like 95% If you want to get technical.
#42Syn_VengeancePosted 12/1/2013 9:06:30 PM
mrxumbrella posted...
Re5 f****** blows. If anything is as horrible as orc its that. Re6 is a masterpiece and its sad that everything capcom did to it was because of fans input regarding how they would change some things about 5. So they listen to the fans and make 6 like fans requested and they still b****. Re6 and revelations are 100 times better than 5 which is in the same league as orc in my opinion.

Best. Joke. EVER.
---
This is War, Survival is your Responsability..
#43LeftiesRulePosted 12/2/2013 11:09:52 AM
Syn_Vengeance posted...
Best. Joke. EVER.

You know what the best joke ever is?

When people say 5 is better than 6.
#44sbn4Posted 12/2/2013 11:28:10 AM(edited)
While I won't argue if you prefer RE6 over RE5. To say REORC (a barely functioning game) is on par with RE5 (a highly polished game) is ridiculous.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#45AndyDonoPosted 12/2/2013 3:05:31 PM(edited)
sbn4 posted...
While I won't argue if you prefer RE6 over RE5. To say REORC (a barely functioning game) is on par with RE5 (a highly polished game) is ridiculous.

Indeed it is.

skermac posted...
Sheva's AI was so bad she kept getting herself killed over and over especially on pro mode. It's nice to not have to worry about that.

If you have to make the AI invincible in order for it to function, Crapcom should of just completely remove the AI from single player like Dead Space 3.
---
I`m neither an ally of yours nor a tool of those police who think themselves men of justice. I live as I think is right. -Saeba Ryo (City Hunter)
#46MiharinPosted 12/10/2013 9:26:38 AM
I personally liked this game mor than 5. Faster gameplay, better control and dodge/melee mechanics, still not good inventory.
---
3DS code: 1220 6667 5775
#47Syn_VengeancePosted 12/10/2013 10:39:58 AM
LeftiesRule posted...
Syn_Vengeance posted...
Best. Joke. EVER.

You know what the best joke ever is?

When people say 5 is better than 6.

The only thing 6 did better then 5 is controls.

5 is more focused, is more polished, has the better story, better mercs maps and had DLC that was atleast worth buying.
---
This is War, Survival is your Responsability..
#48so_realPosted 12/18/2013 5:41:46 PM(edited)
RE6 is more creative than 5, which isn't saying much. But yeah, RE5 stripped any horror that could be left in the series and was a copy/paste job of RE4. Irving/Salazar immediately comes to mind. RE5 tried to save face with the umbrella story arc but any substance it might have had was shadowed by all the action movie sequences and Wesker's out of character "global saturation" bat**** world dominance thing he had going on. It was too goofy and had no relevant characters aside from Chris attempting to provide its closure from the huge mistake of having done so in RE4's introduction sequence.

Unfortunately that theme returns for RE6. Nonetheless, it offered more improvements than RE5 did and had better supporting characters. Leon's campaign is somewhat enjoyable but everything they were trying to achieve with it fell short due to how overpowered the player is and the overly linear level design. The other campaigns are what you'd expect them to be. And Ada's is more stealth based...kinda. It has a few throwbacks here and there for the older RE fan.

If you're looking to play a new traditional RE I would just wait for the Team IGAS completion of RE 1.5. I don't know if you've played revelations or not. It's pretty decent though. Check out some videos of it on YouTube.
#49edward18Posted 12/18/2013 6:11:39 PM
RE6 is more creative than 5,

...huh?

which isn't saying much. But yeah, RE5 stripped any horror that could be left in the series and was a copy/paste job of RE4.

It's just as scary as 4.

Irving/Salazar immediately comes to mind. RE5 tried to save face with the umbrella story arc but any substance it might have had was shadowed by all the action movie sequences and Wesker's out of character "global saturation" bat**** world dominance thing he had going on.

Which was just Wesker being Wesker, and the action didn't change what the plot was.

It was too goofy

It was a hell of a lot more serious than the previous title.

and had no relevant characters aside from Chris attempting to provide its closure from the huge mistake of having done so in RE4's introduction sequence.

Hence the problem 4 creates. And all the characters are relevant.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#50so_realPosted 12/18/2013 7:11:44 PM(edited)
edward18 posted...
RE6 is more creative than 5,

...huh?

which isn't saying much. But yeah, RE5 stripped any horror that could be left in the series and was a copy/paste job of RE4.

It's just as scary as 4.

Irving/Salazar immediately comes to mind. RE5 tried to save face with the umbrella story arc but any substance it might have had was shadowed by all the action movie sequences and Wesker's out of character "global saturation" bat**** world dominance thing he had going on.

Which was just Wesker being Wesker, and the action didn't change what the plot was.

It was too goofy

It was a hell of a lot more serious than the previous title.

and had no relevant characters aside from Chris attempting to provide its closure from the huge mistake of having done so in RE4's introduction sequence.

Hence the problem 4 creates. And all the characters are relevant.

>_>

1. More original thought went into RE6 than 5 which is easily noticed by simply playing it and taking mental notes at the differences between 6 from 5, and 5 from 4. Enemy designs, the controls, the visuals, etc.

2. Wesker was much more believable as a villain than he was in 5. He was calm, collected, cunning, and forward thinking. Then all of a sudden he wants to turn mankind into spaghetti monsters? At least Saddler had an angle for obtaining political power. How I feel about RE4's direction in plot is another topic though.

3. Josh and Sheva are only relevant to RE5. The conclusion of Umbrella and Wesker especially should have had more of STARS/Raccoon survivors (Ada had been involved with him for a long time) participate.