Is this game worse of better than RE5?

#51edward18Posted 12/18/2013 7:13:47 PM
1. More original thought went into RE6 than 5 which is easily noticed by simply playing it and taking mental notes at the differences between 6 from 5, and 5 from 4. Enemy designs, the controls, the visuals, etc.

Seem about the same to me.

2. Wesker was a much more believable as a villain than he was in 5. He was calm, collected, cunning, and forward thinking.

In the main games he's always acted as showoffy and dramatic as in 5. It's just the side games that turned him into that calm collected whatever.

Then all of a sudden he wants to turn mankind into spaghetti monsters?

If you paid attention at all to the story, you'd know why he wanted that.

At least Saddler had an angle for obtaining political power.

No. Not really. His damn plan made no ****ing sense what-so-ever.

3. Josh and Sheva are only relevant to RE5. The conclusion of Umbrella and Wesker especially should have had more of STARS/Raccoon survivors (Ada had been involved with him for a long time) participate.

All it NEEDED was Chris as that's the only one Wesker makes a big deal about ever.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#52so_realPosted 12/18/2013 7:38:35 PM
edward18 posted...
1. More original thought went into RE6 than 5 which is easily noticed by simply playing it and taking mental notes at the differences between 6 from 5, and 5 from 4. Enemy designs, the controls, the visuals, etc.

Seem about the same to me.

2. Wesker was a much more believable as a villain than he was in 5. He was calm, collected, cunning, and forward thinking.

In the main games he's always acted as showoffy and dramatic as in 5. It's just the side games that turned him into that calm collected whatever.

Then all of a sudden he wants to turn mankind into spaghetti monsters?

If you paid attention at all to the story, you'd know why he wanted that.

At least Saddler had an angle for obtaining political power.

No. Not really. His damn plan made no ****ing sense what-so-ever.

3. Josh and Sheva are only relevant to RE5. The conclusion of Umbrella and Wesker especially should have had more of STARS/Raccoon survivors (Ada had been involved with him for a long time) participate.

All it NEEDED was Chris as that's the only one Wesker makes a big deal about ever.

1. J'avo are more original and varied compared to the majini especially when you compare majini to ganado. But that's just a brief example.

2. Everything about the manner Wesker was depicted from RE0, 1, CV, Wesker's report and RE4 is consistent and makes for believable character development. I know why he wanted to spread uroboros across the planet, but that doesn't make it any more believable.

You would honestly have me believe that gaining political power behind the scenes is no more believable than "ruling" a world of black worms? I'd understand if being insane was consistent with Wesker but his intentions were clear for many years. The drastic change was unwarranted and pointless.

3. The aforementioned characters were more deeply rooted in the main plot of the entire series and its conclusion was handled poorly starting with 4's narrative and ended with Wesker's rocket to the face. In the volcano. To say only Chris was needed is to rob the story of unfulfilled potential.
#53edward18Posted 12/18/2013 7:43:20 PM
2. Everything about the manner Wesker was depicted from RE0, 1, CV, Wesker's report and RE4 is consistent and makes for believable character development. I know why he wanted to spread uroboros across the planet, but that doesn't make it any more believable.

It is however consistent with his previous appearances.

You would honestly have me believe that gaining political power behind the scenes is no more believable than "ruling" a world of black worms?

For him? Yeah. He wants power. Over ANYTHING he can get his hands on. That's how he's ALWAYS been. Polotical power, no matter how much, won't ensure complete control.

I'd understand if being insane was consistent with Wesker but his intentions were clear for many years. The drastic change was unwarranted and pointless.

...he is insane...he wanted to rule the damn planet...he's crazy...just like any other villain...

3. The aforementioned characters were more deeply rooted in the main plot of the entire series and its conclusion was handled poorly starting with 4's narrative and ended with Wesker's rocket to the face. In the volcano. To say only Chris was needed is to rob the story of unfulfilled potential.

Well that is all that was needed for that. Chris and Wesker are the rivals. No one else when it comes to that conflict.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
#54ArchiantagonistPosted 12/19/2013 2:54:52 PM
RE 5 is easily the worst game in the series to me
---
--------------------x_0--------------------
#55edward18Posted 12/19/2013 3:10:24 PM
To me that'd be 4 (haven't played 6).
---
#56ultimate reaverPosted 12/19/2013 5:21:45 PM
Both were pretty bad, but this one is worse.
---
"im gonna kill all the babies"- fluttershy, 2008
#57Lord_Death_ManPosted 12/20/2013 7:37:54 AM
Both have horrific, clichéd writing, and both have terrible villains with terrible designs on the world and terrible plans to rule over it even though there's no real point to them doing so when they're spaghetti! Or glue. But both of these video games can be fun to play, especially with friends if you even have them. Very fun indeed. They're games you play to experience the gameplay, not dwell on the story unless you're out there looking for a cheap laugh, something to complain about, a real groaner, or all of those at the same time. When it comes to that gameplay, the improved mechanics and fluidity of Resident Evil 6 give it an edge over 5, yet its mercenaries mode is lacking without the dlc. I found this one enjoyable, even though I thought the story was horrible, and that's also what I thought about Resident Evil 5 whose characters I like less than the ones shown here.
#58Crimson_RexPosted 12/20/2013 5:40:00 PM
Perfect RE game.
---
"I hate you. I'LL KILL YOU!" - Carla Radames
The Freelancer: I worship Frank West
#59gmoshierPosted 12/21/2013 3:17:04 PM
I like RE 6 better than RE 5 because the controls, gameplay, and its mercenaries version are better. RE 5 had a better camera, its story was a little better, and the DLC was worth buying. These are just my opinions though.
---
DA Pawn Natasha - Level 200 Sorcerer - Challenger/Scather/Utilitarian
http://psntl.com/user/view/gmoshier
#60tlcstormzPosted 12/22/2013 1:14:39 AM
Why are people complaining about RE5 controls, when you could choose from 5 or so control schemes?

And as far as shooting while walking..........have you kids SERIOUSLY never played the Outbreak games?

@ _____ @
---
"As God's chosen people, clothe yourselves in compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, patience...Forgive others...And...LOVE!"
Colossians 3:12-14