How the next RE game should be

#1railway95Posted 12/3/2013 11:28:48 AM
Instead of everyone arguing and stuff, just post the points of what you want in the next RE game, be it 7 or another "revelations" type game.

- Like RE4, one long campaign and one or a few bonus campaigns.
-Enemies shouldn't drop ammo, health etc (key items for some enemies is ok though)
-Start off with little ammo
-Difficult to begin with ( I noticed in RE:R even though I had 30 bullets for the handgun, i felt overpowered yet in say RE1 or CV i would have 50 bullets and still feel the need for caution. I think this is due to the difficulty and the amount of enemies in the early parts of the game. RE:R had few enemies in the beginning while CV had quite a lot of zombies just in the prison alone.)
-Non-linear, backtracking, though not too much extensive backtracking
-A upgraded version of the classic inventory, one that could be upgraded in game to become bigger, maybe something similar to TLOU
-Complex puzzles and lots of key items
-Atmosphere, isolation, scares
-Fun side bonus games like mercs with coop

what do you guys want?
#2SoulidarityPosted 12/3/2013 11:59:16 AM
This is destined to become another battleground for the same 4 or 5 people having exactly the same old school vs new school argument they have in every other topic. Asking to not argue won't stop it.

Someone will inevitably bash the other side, and the topic will spiral.
---
Playing: Alternating between GTA V, RE 4-6, and GT 5
PSN: soulidarity
#3slapper1Posted 12/3/2013 12:12:51 PM
^ So true, I'd say this topic has a few hours at best before someone derails it.

@Railway95: I'd love to see everything you just listed, I adore old school RE and seeing its triumphant return with today's excellent graphics would be fantastic. I'd also like to see Raid mode as a bonus game as it was so much fun in Revelations, along with a RE 3 style Mercenaries with objectives, optional exploration and extra bosses. That would be the best game ever IMO.
---
When facing a zombie apocalypse, don't join up with a group. Why? Because you'll end up blowing your own head off due to all the pointless drama caused within.
#4IlDankoPosted 12/3/2013 12:18:44 PM
I'll go ahead and make the summary for this topic...

Edward18: "f*** no, i want a game that has the character trapped in a closed environment with rooms that interlock each other, where you play detective and have a finite amount of ammo and health scattered around"

Goldsickle: "No, you're a Luddite who wants tank controls, prerendered backgrounds, door opening animation and fixed camera angles back. You suck an so does your drawings in deviantart."

Edward18: "You keep using that word in a wrong context, and your drawings lack energy and emotions, always the same generic anime faces everytime"

SSJ_Jin: *posts an opinion*

Goldsickle: "i don't agree, you're a Luddite"

*SSJ_Jin proceeds to troll Goldsickle for two pages*

Me: "i don't care just gimme my survival horror back"

Goldsickle: "survival horror doesn't exist, it is just a made up set of rules invented by the Luddite fans of the series"

Me: "then gimme my whatever-called genre back and stop making this happy trigger in a tunnel c***"

Goldsickle: "f*** no, I enjoy it and also the coop"

*SSJ_Jin proceeds to troll goldsickle for another 2 pages*

*OP closes thread due to derailment*
---
Did I ever told you the definition of insanity?
PSN: Dan21993
#5Syn_VengeancePosted 12/3/2013 1:08:17 PM
IlDanko posted...

Edward18: "f*** no, i want a game that has the character trapped in a closed environment with rooms that interlock each other, where you play detective and have a finite amount of ammo and health scattered around"

Goldsickle: "No, you're a Luddite who wants tank controls, prerendered backgrounds, door opening animation and fixed camera angles back. You suck an so does your drawings in deviantart."

Edward18: "You keep using that word in a wrong context, and your drawings lack energy and emotions, always the same generic anime faces everytime"

Goldsickle: "survival horror doesn't exist, it is just a made up set of rules invented by the Luddite fans of the series"

Me: "then gimme my whatever-called genre back and stop making this happy trigger in a tunnel c***"

ALL OF THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
---
This is War, Survival is your Responsability..
#6slapper1Posted 12/3/2013 1:26:10 PM
IlDanko posted...

Lmao, well said.
---
When facing a zombie apocalypse, don't join up with a group. Why? Because you'll end up blowing your own head off due to all the pointless drama caused within.
#7LeftiesRulePosted 12/3/2013 4:47:46 PM
I've said this before, I'll say it again...

You know what I want in RE7?

ANOTHER LEFT-HANDED PROTAGONIST!!
#8GiftedACIIIPosted 12/3/2013 11:13:47 PM
Unfortunately it seems the old RE fanboys are too simple-minded to understand Goldsickle's sound and reasonable logic.
#9sailormoonfetisPosted 12/3/2013 11:14:30 PM
The lead character should be a white chick wearing a school girl uniform.
---
Super Sentai Series, making ryona since 1975.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfyRop_Vly0
#10Syn_VengeancePosted 12/4/2013 1:09:00 AM
GiftedACIII posted...
Unfortunately it seems the old RE fanboys are too simple-minded to understand Goldsickle's sound and reasonable logic.

Hahahaha I hope this is a joke, Im a fan of both old and new RE. This doesnt alter the fact that I think him and Edward are both lunatics.
---
This is War, Survival is your Responsability..