Alright, real talk *Possible Spoilers*

#1slapper1Posted 12/11/2013 10:03:17 PM(edited)
What would be your personal last straw that would make you want quit playing the RE series altogether? Or in other words, what design choices would Capcom have to make in the next few games to anger/annoy you to the point of never wanting to touch RE again? I'm legitimately curious just how how much my fellow GF users are willing to put up with in the constantly changing RE series before they just get sick of it. That, and hopefully this topic will provide some interesting discussion which won't be reliant on how sexy the RE characters are or other such topics ;)

Personally, I would quit the RE series altogether if:

A: The entire world is engulfed in a biohazard (that general concept would have so many plot holes, crap focus, and inconsistencies that it would just be unplayable for me).

Or

B: Non infected human enemies are added to a canon RE game (completely human enemies don't belong in RE, END OF STORY!)

So how about you guys/gals? What would be your breaking point for the RE series?
---
When facing a zombie apocalypse, don't join up with a group. Why? Because you'll end up blowing your own head off due to all the pointless drama caused within.
#2SSJ_JinPosted 12/11/2013 9:53:55 PM
If they turn RE into The Last of Us.

If RE goes into space.

If Leon dies.....just playing. I'd be really pissed though.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#3slapper1(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2013 9:58:52 PM(edited)
^ Quick question Jin, did you like TLOU?
---
When facing a zombie apocalypse, don't join up with a group. Why? Because you'll end up blowing your own head off due to all the pointless drama caused within.
#4GoldsicklePosted 12/11/2013 9:59:49 PM
Nothing really.

Technology changes, audience changes, trends change, development team changes, so you should expect a game to change with the times.

At most, maybe I'd "lose interest" (comes with getting too old for games) but I'm not dumb nor immature enough to "quit a series" because of some changes that goes against a personal criteria which has absolutely no bearings on the developers.
---
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
#5sbn4Posted 12/11/2013 10:00:53 PM
If the games become not fun to play. That's about it. I mean, I like the universe and the characters enough, so I can slog through a few questionable theme changes. But if the games just aren't fun anymore, then I'm out. At least RE6 has some fun modes like Mercenaries, Onslaught, and sometimes Chris/Leon campaigns.

But I wouldn't be happy if Chris or Jill got killed off.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#6Syn_VengeancePosted 12/11/2013 10:09:33 PM(edited)
Goldsickle posted...
Nothing really.

Technology changes, audience changes, trends change, development team changes, so you should expect a game to change with the times.

At most, maybe I'd "lose interest" (comes with getting too old for games) but I'm not dumb nor immature enough to "quit a series" because of some changes that goes against a personal criteria which has absolutely no bearings on the developers.

This. RE is the reason I mainly still play video games, If I find any other games I like outside of RE its just a bonus for me. Only thing tha may get be to ditch the series is if they reboot it altogether.
---
This is War, Survival is your Responsability..
#7Keroro_2350Posted 12/11/2013 11:23:17 PM
If they reboot the series and replace the RE cast with a new cast that take the personality and looks of the original cast.

I just hope they would reboot the series but retain the original cast like how CD and SE reboot Tomb Raider. Also I wish they wouldn't have giant Chris on steroids or Leon that thinks he's cool with that RE4 and 6 hair,just RE2 Leon would do.

I would love to see that a reboot that on some games the female chacarter(Claire Redfield or Jill Valentine) takes the lead like in Revelations, almost every RE besides Revelations always gives the male character the biggest credit like how Chris seems to be the hero in the Mansion Incident or Leon was the one that helps Claire and Sherry escape or even having Chris to defeat Alexia and Claire suddenly turns into another NPC that waits for you at the finishing point doing nothing but sitting there waiting.
#8edward18Posted 12/11/2013 11:49:23 PM
What would be your personal last straw that would make you want quit playing the RE series altogether?

RE4 did until I saw the trailers for 5. After 5 I feel that there's not really much they're gonna do so I guess that.

Really what killed it for me though was Mega Man Legends 3.

Or in other words, what design choices would Capcom have to make in the next few games to anger/annoy you to the point of never wanting to touch RE again?

Making the entire Earth become infected or completely making it just action.

I'm legitimately curious just how how much my fellow GF users are willing to put up with in the constantly changing RE series before they just get sick of it.

I did.

That, and hopefully this topic will provide some interesting discussion which won't be reliant on how sexy the RE characters are or other such topics ;)

Just the other usual material.

...that sounds pretty stupid to me.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#9StrykeBlaydePosted 12/11/2013 11:51:53 PM
"What would make you quit the RE series"

*Edward posts Megaman-related stuff*
---
Playing: Final Fantasy 14: ARR for PC
Member of the ARC of Wrestling Podcast
#10edward18Posted 12/11/2013 11:59:56 PM
It's Capcom. What'd you expect?
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai