So Capcom won't do anymore REmake type games because REmake didn't sell well

#1_Always-Right_Posted 12/12/2013 2:47:17 PM
Kind of lame for that to be the reason for no more planned REmake type games and the more action-oriented focus of the series. Ever think the sales weren't good because REmake was a gamecube exclusive? How many people associate Resident Evil with Gamecube? And how many would justify buying a whole console for just one game? If they had ported REmake to Xbox and PS2, it would have sold a whole lot better.
---
I'm always right, so agree with me all the time if you want to be right too.
#2edward18Posted 12/12/2013 2:51:26 PM
That's not the reason. They're not gonna do it cause they're Capcom. Simple as that.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#3Da DoodPosted 12/13/2013 8:54:17 AM
Probably wasn't just the one game that changed their whole plan... every classic RE sequel sold less than the previous, starting with RE3. They released Zero after REmake and that one sold even less copies.

In all fairness, all classic REs were million sellers. Capcom makes a big deal out of million sellers as you can see here:

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html
---
And this time!
#4Starwind128Posted 12/13/2013 10:27:11 AM
Its just an excuse they are using to keep from coming right out, & admitting that they don't care about what their core fanbase wants. Simple as that. I don't see Capcom having much of a future if they don't stop being so arrogant, & actually listen to their fans. If they are going to keep up their shady business tactics they just need to sell their franchises to companies who are actually going to do something good with them. With their current financial situation it probably wont be long until they go under anyway.
---
Oh dear. Someone said something that I don't like, they must be trolling.
We all make mistakes, here's your lifeline.
#5orangeneePosted 12/20/2013 4:30:39 PM
Capcoms logo has a subliminal afterimage, an extended middle finger.
---
How to divide by Zero: Find person named Zero, get him/her to divide something.
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#6riddlebox89Posted 12/21/2013 12:24:44 PM
Starwind128 posted...
Its just an excuse they are using to keep from coming right out, & admitting that they don't care about what their core fanbase wants. Simple as that. I don't see Capcom having much of a future if they don't stop being so arrogant, & actually listen to their fans. If they are going to keep up their shady business tactics they just need to sell their franchises to companies who are actually going to do something good with them. With their current financial situation it probably wont be long until they go under anyway.

You do know that selling the Resident Evil license to another developer will change absolutely nothing but who's name is on the box right? The style of the game will still never go back to the style of the PS1 trilogy if the company that buys the license doesn't see it as something that's potentially profitable, since you know, the entire reason any of the publishers and developers got into video games in the first place was to make money.

And why should they listen to the fans when their decisions they make due to fan suggestions/demands would make things even worse because damn near every gamer who buys a game demands absolute perfection, which is something that doesn't exist nor will it ever exist? There's a reason they don't open a suggestion box for making a new game, the decisions made by fans would've put them in a worse position than they are now.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#7LeftiesRulePosted 12/21/2013 6:20:24 PM
Da Dood posted...
Probably wasn't just the one game that changed their whole plan... every classic RE sequel sold less than the previous.

I find this hard to believe, because I think 2 Sold alot more than DC, if not sold just as much as DC did.
#8LeftiesRulePosted 12/21/2013 6:27:13 PM
Da Dood posted...
http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html

Wow... 5&6 sold more than 2!? I think I'm going to go in a corner and cry now.
#9Da DoodPosted 12/21/2013 7:21:48 PM
LeftiesRule posted...
Da Dood posted...
Probably wasn't just the one game that changed their whole plan... every classic RE sequel sold less than the previous.

I find this hard to believe, because I think 2 Sold alot more than DC, if not sold just as much as DC did.

Well, you did kinda delete the part of my post where I said "starting with RE3"...
---
And this time!
#10tlcstormzPosted 12/22/2013 12:57:21 AM
OUTBREAK, pls!!!
---
"As God's chosen people, clothe yourselves in compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, patience...Forgive others...And...LOVE!"
Colossians 3:12-14