So Capcom won't do anymore REmake type games because REmake didn't sell well

#11Starwind128Posted 12/22/2013 8:28:47 AM
riddlebox89 posted...
You do know that selling the Resident Evil license to another developer will change absolutely nothing but who's name is on the box right? The style of the game will still never go back to the style of the PS1 trilogy if the company that buys the license doesn't see it as something that's potentially profitable, since you know, the entire reason any of the publishers and developers got into video games in the first place was to make money.

And why should they listen to the fans when their decisions they make due to fan suggestions/demands would make things even worse because damn near every gamer who buys a game demands absolute perfection, which is something that doesn't exist nor will it ever exist? There's a reason they don't open a suggestion box for making a new game, the decisions made by fans would've put them in a worse position than they are now.

I guess it would depend upon the ideas on what the publisher/developers had for the game/games. When a great company makes several nearly perfect games(Resident Evil 1 - 3 +REmake. Some would argue CVX & 4), I can see how many people would expect more of that. Although I respect your opinion, we obviously don't see eye to eye.
---
Oh dear. Someone said something that I don't like, they must be trolling.
We all make mistakes, here's your lifeline.
#12YaBreakinYoNeckPosted 12/23/2013 10:45:17 PM
LeftiesRule posted...
Da Dood posted...
http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html

Wow... 5&6 sold more than 2!? I think I'm going to go in a corner and cry now.

Capcom altered this list to favor RE5 and RE5 for some reason. While it most likely did sell more than 2, I don't think 6 did yet. Still, even this isn't completely accurate. I dunno why Capcom did this. They basically separated the different ports/versions of the previous games, but they merged all of RE5 together as well as 6.

Strange. They even separated RE4.
---
See? You can make a good decision when you try.
-The Joker
#13ReceiverxWisdomPosted 12/25/2013 8:24:53 AM
That's a shame if that's the case then. REmake is probably one of the best video game remakes I've ever got my hands on along with Megaman Maverick Hunter X.
---
R* Social Club ID: Ren_Operative
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#14edward18Posted 12/25/2013 8:54:11 AM
I really wish I had a PSP to play my Maverick Hunter X...
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#15ReceiverxWisdomPosted 12/25/2013 3:20:33 PM
^^

PSP's are a hundred bucks these days and I think any decent rig could emulate the game if all else fails.

I'm not even going to count on Capcom throwing a bone with Megaman and giving us any HD collections since they really just don't care for their mascot anymore which is a damn shame.

Going back to Megaman X collection along with Legends 1&2 has been a complete blast.
---
R* Social Club ID: Ren_Operative
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#16Endless_NightPosted 12/25/2013 11:07:02 PM
YaBreakinYoNeck posted...
LeftiesRule posted...
Da Dood posted...
http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html

Wow... 5&6 sold more than 2!? I think I'm going to go in a corner and cry now.

Capcom altered this list to favor RE5 and RE5 for some reason. While it most likely did sell more than 2, I don't think 6 did yet. Still, even this isn't completely accurate. I dunno why Capcom did this. They basically separated the different ports/versions of the previous games, but they merged all of RE5 together as well as 6.

Strange. They even separated RE4.

Cause they want people to see that their decision to change the series' direction isn't a mistake. Instead, it's making them MONEY and that's all that matters.

Seriously, they should port REmake into PSN or XLB. That game is awesome and I would pay to see RE2 and RE3 get the same treatment, especially RE2.
---
Everything stemmed from Chaos, Aligned to Cosmos, Brought forth by Space, Woven with Time and Governed by Gravity.
#17scorpion41Posted 12/26/2013 7:46:08 AM
Capcom just doesn't want to admit when they're wrong and are busy putting out mediocre action titles rather than respecting their work that got them this far. They are slowly becoming the next EA Sports. Mega Man X needs an HD port, preferably Maverick Hunter X. Onimusha: Warlords needs an HD port. REmake, their only perfect RE game since 2, desperately needs a port. There are probably others, but these are the flagships that carried the company through the last two generations, along with street fighter, which was one of the very few games that got an HD update(overhaul).
---
PSN: scorpion_4160
NCAA 14: Mizzou and Buffalo dynasties underway...
#18Syn_VengeancePosted 12/26/2013 11:37:52 AM
Porting remake is not going to help capcom nor is it going to save this series. Sure people will buy it but not enough for capcom to bother doing it.
---
Playing Resident Evil 6, Need for Speed Rivals, Battlefield 4, Splinter Cell Blacklist
#19so_realPosted 12/26/2013 9:32:39 PM
I'm pretty sure REmake and Zero will never appear outside of Nintendo.

Also, in regards to "the series would be worse off if they listened to the fans" the past two main entries were catered specifically to a crowd that is generally not interested/unfamiliar with the franchise. I can understand trying to attract more people to the franchise, but a lot of the design flaws in modern RE are because of that very reason. Overly linear layout, entirely too much action, enemies that fire weapons just for the sake of it, etc.

We get it, RE4 revolutionized the TPS genre. But it's not gonna sell the series. They need to play the originals and take notes on why they were such great games instead of just throwing an RE paint job on uninspired TPS releases.
#20DrLight66Posted 12/30/2013 2:36:25 PM
REmake sold over a million copies on a console that not many people owned. When RE4 came out, the later PS2 port sold more than twice as many copies as the original Gamecube version did. That says A LOT lol.

The problem with REmake and it's weak (for a RE game) sales wasn't the classic style, it was because it was on the Gamecube lol. Had Capcom released either 0 or REmake on the PS2, they probably would've sold anywhere between 3 and 4 million copies. I don't know the details, but I imagine Nintendo must've given Capcom a huge check of at least 25 million dollars to get exclusive rights to the franchise, because otherwise why would Capcom sacrifice sales of millions of copies of RE games on the PS2 then?

While I love RE4, especially the Wii/HD versions, it's a shame that the series starting with RE4 pretty much became full action and that the days of "survival horror" with having to worry what might be around the corner/past that door, having to conserve ammo/healing items and dodging/running past enemies that you can't afford to waste ammo or get hit by are long gone. The franchise is now basically an over-the-shoulder Streets of Rage/Doom hybrid lol and... it's pretty damn crappy lol.

There's hope that The Evil Within will restore what Resident Evil used to be about, it looks very promising and I can't wait for it to come out.