Resident Evil Reboot wishlist

#1sailormoonfetisPosted 12/26/2013 3:53:01 AM
If ever RE series is rebooted, I only wish the following:

1. The main character is an unnamed girl with a ponytail. She is vulnerable and has no military training.
2. The story is about the unnamed girl who was lost and stranded in a city infested with zombies. Her objective is to find a way out of the city and save any survivor if possible.
3. The gameplay has RPG elements in it. Your character becomes stronger as you progress in the game. She learns new skills and salvages items in order to survive. You can explore and revisit areas in the city.
4. Your primary weapon is bow and arrow.
5. The VA of the main character is Camilla Luddington.
---
Super Sentai Series, making ryona since 1975.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfyRop_Vly0
#2Starwind128Posted 12/26/2013 8:59:03 AM(edited)
Honestly I don't want to see a reboot of the story, knowing todays Capcom it would more than likely be garbage. I mean just take a look at how stupid the plot to Revelations was. If they do truly decide to go back to the series' roots I like many other RE fans just want to see a remake of 2. If the game doesn't sell as well as they need it to, at this point they should just end the series, & release a big ass collection. Also if the remake of 2 does happen I hope they give Leon a more realistic police uniform. His uniform has always looked like something straight out of an anime. It didn't look too weird on PS1 obviously, but in RE4 it just looked silly.
---
Oh dear. Someone said something that I don't like, they must be trolling.
We all make mistakes, here's your lifeline.
#3slapper1Posted 12/26/2013 9:45:05 AM
More then anything, I'd just like to see the main series get cleaned up rather then a reboot be issued. RE 5 completely wrapped up the Wesker plot-line and RE 6 opened up the family as a potential future antagonist but honestly, the action focus is what is bothers me so much about the series now. On top of that, RE 6's jumbled plot and various have baked focuses in the gameplay and story aspects really brought own the game as a whole. Capcom really needs to sit down and reevaluate what it is they want to focus on and base the next RE game simply on that particular focus without trying to please everyone, as we all know that is never going to work out well (looking at you RE6). As much as I would love to see old school RE return, I'll take consistent story-telling and focused gameplay over the jumbled mess that was RE6.
---
Christmas sucks, end of story.
Currently OP8 on Borderlands 2.
#4IlDankoPosted 12/26/2013 9:54:54 AM
So basically, you want Claire with a different VA? ...

I just want RE5's Beta version to be released with the controls from RE6...
---
Just when you think you've left me blind, I will keep you in the corner of my eye.
PSN: Dan21993
#5Starwind128Posted 12/26/2013 9:59:18 AM
slapper1 posted...
More then anything, I'd just like to see the main series get cleaned up rather then a reboot be issued. RE 5 completely wrapped up the Wesker plot-line and RE 6 opened up the family as a potential future antagonist but honestly, the action focus is what is bothers me so much about the series now.

Another thing that currently bothers me about the series is the timeline. They have moved pretty far into the future at this point, & it wasn't really necessary in my opinion. At the rate they are going everyone is going to be 65, & have diabetes! Lol. Seriously though they didn't have to space the timeline out so much, they could have done a lot more with the story.
---
Oh dear. Someone said something that I don't like, they must be trolling.
We all make mistakes, here's your lifeline.
#6edward18Posted 12/26/2013 10:55:55 AM
They shouldn't have even made up the Family to begin with. They still need to delve more into The Organization.
---
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai
#7YaBreakinYoNeckPosted 12/26/2013 11:24:27 AM
Just go back to the basics. Zombies with a some unnatural creatures here and there. That's a hell of a lot more interesting than giant trolls, Matrix supervillains, and people who can turn into a mutha****in' T-Rex lmao
---
See? You can make a good decision when you try.
-The Joker
#8Syn_VengeancePosted 12/26/2013 11:32:15 AM
IlDanko posted...
So basically, you want Claire with a different VA? ...

I just want RE5's Beta version to be released with the controls from RE6...

Lol took the words right out or my mouth, he basically wants an RE2 remake with RPG elements and a new VA.

That or the last of us Claire Redfield edition.
---
Playing Resident Evil 6, Need for Speed Rivals, Battlefield 4, Splinter Cell Blacklist
#9AGx-07_162Posted 12/26/2013 1:48:10 PM
I'm still bothered that despite the fact that both Claire Redfield and Jill Valentine are immensily popular characters, we haven't seen Claire as a playable character since Code Veronica and Jill since RE3 but we've had Leon three times (RE2, RE4, RE5), Chris twice (RE5 and RE6), and a few random women like Sheva and Sherry (wtf for?). They're just muddying up the story with all these new characters.

If they really want to fix this series and bring fans back. Reboot it. Go back to the first RE, clearly define a cohesive plot and ending to the story and go from there. Keep the first three as they are but add more depth to all three (we have the technology!) and then continue on from there. Don't give us zombies that use guns and cover. I'm fine with the mutated creatures, even the giant ones, just give us some kind of explanation for it. You can even keep the action elements. I don't think that bothered people as much as how weird the story started to get. I mean when you go from Code Veronica to RE4...you're talking left turn.
#10Syn_VengeancePosted 12/26/2013 4:14:04 PM
AGx-07_162 posted...
I'm still bothered that despite the fact that both Claire Redfield and Jill Valentine are immensily popular characters, we haven't seen Claire as a playable character since Code Veronica and Jill since RE3 but we've had Leon three times (RE2, RE4, RE5), Chris twice (RE5 and RE6), and a few random women like Sheva and Sherry (wtf for?). They're just muddying up the story with all these new characters.

If they really want to fix this series and bring fans back. Reboot it. Go back to the first RE, clearly define a cohesive plot and ending to the story and go from there. Keep the first three as they are but add more depth to all three (we have the technology!) and then continue on from there. Don't give us zombies that use guns and cover. I'm fine with the mutated creatures, even the giant ones, just give us some kind of explanation for it. You can even keep the action elements. I don't think that bothered people as much as how weird the story started to get. I mean when you go from Code Veronica to RE4...you're talking left turn.

Claire was written off in the CGI movie as not being a fighter and working for a non violent group against bioterror. Yes its stupid and a lame excuse by capcom to not use her but it is what it is.

Ummm jill was in RE1, 3, 5 (Playable in both DLC chapters), Revelations (Main playable character in the game.)

Popularity doesnt matter in this series, capcom is going to use who they want to use. Billy and Carlos were popular and never seen again, same with Barry, Rebecca and so on.

Leon was also in Darkside chronicles for its canon parts.

Chris has been in RE1, Code veronica, 5, Revelations and 6. Umbrella chronicles for its canon parts.

Sherry is not a random woman, she is from RE2 just like Leon.

Zombies dont use cover, Those are majini and Javo. Zombies do use guns but just spray bullets everywhere and toss the gun when empty. They have never used cover like you claim they do.

Have you actually played the entire series? cause your info is all way off and you dont seem to know what your talking about.
---
Playing Resident Evil 6, Need for Speed Rivals, Battlefield 4, Splinter Cell Blacklist